The Tennis Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. She should be banned, but after she's served it that should be the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned. She won her slams fair and square, it doesn't really change anything.
I love Sharapova. One of my all time favorite athletes. She was doping, and doing it on purpose. She wasn't taking the drug for health reasons. The company that makes the drug says you wouldn't take it the way she said she was. They banned the drug because they realized why athletes were taking it. It is why numerous people were randomly caught taking it as soon as the ban was put in place.

But at the same time mate, it wasn't banned throughout that period. So regardless of how she was using it, up until the Aussie open I have a hard time holding it against her.

I feel like anybody that uses a drug for any competition that's not being used to like help with pain, but to enhance...that's cheating to me. Gray area or no.

If she indeed gets banned for 4 years then she might as well just retire. Sad if it ends that way.

But at the same time mate, it wasn't banned throughout that period. So regardless of how she was using it, up until the Aussie open I have a hard time holding it against her.
You don't have to hold it against her. But lets not act like this was an innocent mistake. She was using it for a very specific purpose while it was legal, and then got caught once it wasn't. Now she is lying to protect her reputation which is making it worse. She is getting credit for being honest, when she clearly isn't.

Oh I'm not saying it's some innocent mistake. I just don't find it quite the revelation it's been made out to be.

I agree with that. Though honestly, I think people are mostly shocked she was stupid enough to get caught. The majority are doing it, but Maria is one of those ones who should be able to afford to keep her self off the grid.

Is Nadal back? Just won Monte Carlo today. Time will tell.

Looking forward to seeing some French Open matches. Didn't realise Murray was ranked 2 in the ATP now.

Murray comes back against Gasquet, now 1 set all. Should be an interesting match.

Murray wins 3rd set 6-0!

That must hurt for the home crowd.

I am hoping for a Wawrinka to defend his title. Guy deserves another one. If he does make it to the final, I am guessing it will be a re-match of last year's final.

Djokovic beats Berdych.

Serena taking on Putintseva now.

Serena 3 set points down in the 1st.

Putintseva takes it.

And a break in the 2nd!

Nevermind business as usual. Serena woke up. 4-2 up now in the 2nd.

Nevermind business as usual. Serena woke up. 4-2 up now in the 2nd.

Seriously, Serena should join the men's ATP tour. There's no competition for her in the WTA.

I am hoping Wawrinka defends his title.

I have a lot of respect for Serena as an athlete, but it is sad that the women's side of any tournament only really becomes interesting if she is knocked out early.

Seriously, Serena should join the men's ATP tour. There's no competition for her in the WTA.

I am hoping Wawrinka defends his title.

I would actually be very interested to see how she would do. Saying that though I think the men ranked say 50 or so are still very good.

Serena went through again.

Murray 3-1 up against Wawrinka in the first set.

Last edited:
Murray wins the first set 6-4.

Murray chokes at the end of the 3rd set after taking the 2nd. 2-1 up in sets.

Murray chokes at the end of the 3rd set after taking the 2nd. 2-1 up in sets.

Damn it, I don't want Murray to win. Really disappointing of Stan not winning this match. He would've given Djokovic a hell of a match. Oh well, Djokovic will get his prize wish. We all know it, barring upset. Honestly, I can only see Murray winning it if he plays out of his mind. But that's not something we see very often from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"