The Tennis Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, would have been nice to see what Wawrinka could have done against Djok. Looks like the winners of the men's and women's tournaments will be predictable again.

Djoko is not invincible on clay, so we shall see.

Women's Final. Muguruza breaks!

3-2 in first set.

Muguruza 5-3 up in the 2nd set after winning the first set.

3 championship points!

Muguruza is the champion!!!

Yaaaay I love her too!

7f4af612-97f2-4098-8ad2-e46c31faaa5a.jpg

Last edited:
This could be the start of another great career. I would like to see Serena get the overall slams record and then retire and women's tennis may come alive again.

Great start from Murray. 5-2 up in the first.

Murray takes first set.

Djok takes second set and now has a break in the 3rd.

2 Championship points for Djokovic!

French Open done! Djokovic is the champ. Now holds all 4 titles.

Remarkable achievement for Djoko.

If he can win 2 more and get the calendar year slam plus making it 6 in a row, he's full blown GOAT status.

I already think he is the greatest of his generation.

Congrats to Djokovic. If he wins the next 2 Grand Slams, then I say he has a shot of breaking Federer's record.

Nadal out of Wimbledon (injury) and earlier, Sharapova banned for 2 years but appealing.

I thought she already appealed, but denied?

I think that was a suspension pending investigation rather than fixed term ban which she now has. The findings were that she didn't intentionally break the rules (even if her obligation to be aware of them) but that she did take them to enhance performance. The not intentional part is probably going to be the basis for appeal (which I hope fails to be honest).

It's been obvious for years that his is a busted flush.

I think she's very appealing :hrt:

She's a tall drink of water, but she likes the juice a little too much apparently.

It's been obvious for years that his is a busted flush.
Shame really. Would have loved to see him, Fed & Djok play at their peaks against each other for years on end.

I think she's very appealing :hrt:
I saw that after I posted but thought I'd leave it there for someone to catch. :woot: You didn't let me down. :cool:

I already think he is the greatest of his generation.
Nadal and Federer are the only great players that have rivalled him and Federer had had a lot of his best days by the time Djok reached his peak and Nadal has imploded. After that Murray is the best and he is not in the same league (over a career). Djok has plenty of time left too to chase Fed's record as raise says, and he is at his peak while Fed will gradually get worse and who knows what will happen with Nadal. I think if he retired today I would put Fed above him but if he continues like this to the end of his career I can see him edging past (getting around 3 slams a year until a new great player turns up).

Congrats to Djokovic. If he wins the next 2 Grand Slams, then I say he has a shot of breaking Federer's record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"