The Tennis Thread - Part 5

I’ve been cheering for Osaka and Muguruza over recent years and now I can add Raducanu and Fernandez to that list. Much more fun when there are a bunch of players to follow/support during tournaments. Having Raducanu finally as a world class UK female to follow is really great and will make me interested in the smaller tournaments outside the majors too.

Congrats to young Miss Raducanu! :toth

IMGN_ST210704_VOGUE_21.07.21_SHOT_A_115_CMYK_F2.jpg
997f6602be225bdfcd9da204b12be1c8.webp
IMGN_ST210727_BV_EMMA_RADUCANU_05_P1_CMYK_F1.jpg
IMGN_ST210704_VOGUE_21.07.21_SHOT_E_064_CMYK_F1.jpg
IMGN_ST210727_BV_EMMA_RADUCANU_04_P1_CMYK_F1.jpg

Congrats to young Miss Raducanu! :toth

IMGN_ST210704_VOGUE_21.07.21_SHOT_A_115_CMYK_F2.jpg
997f6602be225bdfcd9da204b12be1c8.webp
IMGN_ST210727_BV_EMMA_RADUCANU_05_P1_CMYK_F1.jpg
IMGN_ST210704_VOGUE_21.07.21_SHOT_E_064_CMYK_F1.jpg
IMGN_ST210727_BV_EMMA_RADUCANU_04_P1_CMYK_F1.jpg

Why does she have those silly socks in the first couple of pics?

I felt that Fernandez kicking up a fuss in the last game seemed a bit ungracious and wasn't endearing at all. Raducanu was going to have a medical time out whether she wanted one or not because she was bleeding, so it wasn't her choice to stop the match.

I'm glad Raducanu won. She was the right person and has deserved to win after being a qualifier fighting through to the final. Would've been cool though if she beat some big player in the final.

Damn. Medvedev has a real chance to win.

2 Championship points!!

Medvedev is the champ!! 6-4 6-4 6-4. What a performance beating Djok in straight sets. Only dropped 1 set in the whole tournament.

Ha, really cool outfit. Fashion Queen to go with the brains (top A level results), good nature, confidence, eloquence, looks, hard work, resilience etc etc.

The champion the U.K. needs right now and hopefully a great thing for tennis for everyone over the next decade plus.

Ha, really cool outfit. Fashion Queen to go with the brains (top A level results), good nature, confidence, eloquence, looks, hard work, resilience etc etc.

The champion the U.K. needs right now and hopefully a great thing for tennis for everyone over the next decade plus.

I'm glad she won instead of Layla Fernandez. Not only is Emma Raducanu more marketable but she's also better natured and more gracious. Fernandez even admitted later that it wasn't right to be complaining so much during that medical timeout.

I'm glad she won instead of Layla Fernandez. Not only is Emma Raducanu more marketable but she's also better natured and more gracious. Fernandez even admitted later that it wasn't right to be complaining so much during that medical timeout.
To be fair it was in the heat of the moment and if she’s admitting later that she was wrong I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt at that age in her first major final. I’d be surprised to see Raducanu do anything like that but we’ll see when she’s put in a situation where she feels something unfair happened during a big moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"