The Tennis Thread - Part 5

Massive congrats to Cori Gauff this young lady has a very bright future.

What an idiot *facepalm*

So day 1 of Wimbledon and we already have a few shocking results. Already out: Osaka, Alexander Zverev (actually, Mischa lost too!) and Tsisipas. Through today so far: Djokovic, Halep, Wawrinka, Pliskova, Kevin Anderson.

Let's see how the Wimbledon seeding controversy plays out again this year. Seems there's always drama because of their particular seeding. This time Nadal was the one that got the short end of the stick by getting seeded 3rd and Roger 2nd. Rafa's draw is a beast! Just to get to a potential semifinal with Federer, Nadal might have to go through Nick Kyrgios in the second round (oh boy!), two-time Wimbledon semifinalist Jo-Wilfried Tsonga or Canadian Denis Shapovalov in the third round, Marin Cilic in the fourth round and Dominic Thiem in the quarters.

Djokovic's draw opened up big time today, because he could have played No. 7 seed Stefanos Tsitsipas in the quarterfinals, but now he's out. The other quarter in the top half is headlined by No. 4 Kevin Anderson and No. 6 Alexander Zverev, who also lost today.

Federe's draw is by far the easiest one out of the big three. He could face No. 8 Kei Nishikori in the quarterfinals and and No. 9 John Isner.

Honestly, i'd be surprised if one of the big three doesnt win Wimbledon. I guess we'll see if we're in for more surprises.
What is/was the controversy? And looking like a difficult ask for Fed. He will be absolutely knackered if he gets tot he final.

What is/was the controversy?
They pushed Rafa to No. 3 seed when he's No. 2 seed, and bumped Roger up to No.2 seed when he's No. 3 seed.

I think Roger has it easy until later in the tournament, while Novak and Rafa have it difficult from the second round on. Now those two might be knackered in week 2! Novak can breath a little easier with Tsisipas out. He could face a bit of a challenge from the winner of Goffin/Medvedev, but i dont see him being heavily challenge until (potentially) meeting Anderson.

A couple of surprise losses today: Wawrinka lost to Opelka; Verdasco ousted Edmund, Hercog eliminated Keys.

Big day tomorrow with the Nadal vs Kyrgios match. It should be an interesting one. Nadal is vulnerable in grass due to little match play before the tournament, and Nick can be dangerous if he's in the mood. Let's see what happens!

They pushed Rafa to No. 3 seed when he's No. 2 seed, and bumped Roger up to No.2 seed when he's No. 3 seed.

I think Roger has it easy until later in the tournament, while Novak and Rafa have it difficult from the second round on. Now those two might be knackered in week 2! Novak can breath a little easier with Tsisipas out. He could face a bit of a challenge from the winner of Goffin/Medvedev, but i dont see him being heavily challenge until (potentially) meeting Anderson.

A couple of surprise losses today: Wawrinka lost to Opelka; Verdasco ousted Edmund, Hercog eliminated Keys.

Big day tomorrow with the Nadal vs Kyrgios match. It should be an interesting one. Nadal is vulnerable in grass due to little match play before the tournament, and Nick can be dangerous if he's in the mood. Let's see what happens!
Thanks.

Wawrinka already out! And I hope Nadal somehow smashes Kyrgios. I’ve lost patience with this idiot!

Nadal beats Kyrgios in a good game.

Idiot. So happy Nadal eliminated him so I dont have to hear or see him anymore. Same as Tomic. Seriously, those two guys embarrass Aussie tennis. So many wonderful gents come from Australia, and these two clowns are the ones we have to see play these days.

Day of upsets today so far! G. Pella defeated Kevin Anderson; Zhang defeated Wozniacki, Bautista August defeated Kachanov.

Big matches tomorrow: Tsonga vs Nadal and Pouille vs Federer.

Idiot. So happy Nadal eliminated him so I dont have to hear or see him anymore. Same as Tomic. Seriously, those two guys embarrass Aussie tennis. So many wonderful gents come from Australia, and these two clowns are the ones we have to see play these days.

Day of upsets today so far! G. Pella defeated Kevin Anderson; Zhang defeated Wozniacki, Bautista August defeated Kachanov.

Big matches tomorrow: Tsonga vs Nadal and Pouille vs Federer.
So unnecessary. Did you see his interview? What a dick!

Gauff is into the fourth round!

Serena progresses against Navarro.

Konta was a set down but looking comfortable now in the 3rd after coming back against Kvitova.

Konta does it. Into the quarter finals! She's getting more consistent which is great to see.

Fed also now safely into the quarter finals.

Fed
Nadal
& Djokovic all through today with straight 6's on the board.

Sadly as per the draw even if at their best they keep wining, Nadal and Fed will have to eliminate one another before the final, to then face Djokovic.
We are heading towards another classic clash of giants.

I can’t believe how long these guys are dominating the sport.

Konta vs Strycova just started. I'll be impressed if Konta can get to the semis. She's beginning to show some consistency and her world ranking should be going up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"