The Wolverine The 'The Wolverine' Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Supes is an icon and better known but if a truly terrible superhero movie like Man of Steel can rake in the cash

I really don't get why all the love for this movie. The last 40 minutes of it looked like a friggen video game with Supes and Zod bouncing off buildings.

I really don't get why all the love for this movie. The last 40 minutes of it looked like a friggen video game with Supes and Zod bouncing off buildings.

Its just the same as fans of Twilight loving the Twilight movies and people loving the Transformers movies.

Man of Steel is very visually appealing, but in terms of story-telling, its a :doh:.

I am very tough on Man of steel.All my early concerns were right on the money.This Isn't superman It's an attempt to do superpowed dark Knight.Let's see what happens with Man of steel's box office against WOrld war Z,new pizar film,and fact the reviews will be starting to take hold.

Don't count MoS out. Any Superman movie with its untold legions of Superman shirt-wearing fans will have lots of repeat viewers. Most of the watchers in MoS week #3 = the early bird watchers of week #1.

But still, it's no Star Wars.

Guys, take it easy on the Man of Steel bashing, particularly if you want to go off on its fans.

I doubt it will set any records but good word of mouth might help it if its decent. I know some people put off by the last one enough to not see this is the cinema.

Back In 2009 Origins did better overseas than domesticly.It may be very popular In asia due to having mostly asian cast besides Hugh jackman as wolverine and Viper.

Those wanting It to bomb are probally going to be disappointed.

Of course it will!

Its a summer film with 3D and Wolverine is already an established character!

I hope it does but I do wonder why they are so confident of this. The last one wasn't that great so I'd be surprised if it did that much better.

But hey what do I know about predicting ticket sales.

Just hope its the wolverine movie we have been waiting for.

Origins: Wolverine wasn't hated by the general audience.

There's definitely more superhero films that wasn't liked by the general audience than Origins: Wolverine.

This will make more than people initially think. The trailers have looked great, First Class was awesome, Origins was four years ago and forgotten, it has little to no competition, and this is the first X-flick to have the benefit of 3-D inflation. Plus the media will start the swirling, "Hugh Jackman to quit Wolverine role" in July leading up to Days of Future Past.

Not to mention all the morons that will think this is an Avengers tie-in lol

LOL I could see some people thinking this movie is related to The Avengers.

Its just the same as fans of Twilight loving the Twilight movies and people loving the Transformers movies.

Man of Steel is very visually appealing, but in terms of story-telling, its a :doh:.

This sentence is :doh:

Man of Steel, the Transformers movies and the Twilight movies aren't well-liked by the critics but they all did very well at the box-office and they are obviously well-liked by its fans. The first Transformers movie even have same RT rating with Man of Steel.

I like the storyline in MOS...... not just the visual effects.
And Transformers actually has more substance than people give it credit for IMO.

I disagree big time on Man of steel.

and you have to be joking on Transformers.I grew up with genration one transformers and that Is one reason I call Michael Bay's take pure crap.Revenge of the fallen Is one of worst summer blockbusters I have ever seen.

And Transformers actually has more substance than people give it credit for IMO.
Transformers 1 is actually a real solid summer flick. And I agree there is more there then people give that movie credit for.

I disagree big time on Man of steel.

and you have to be joking on Transformers.I grew up with genration one transformers and that Is one reason I call Michael Bay's take pure crap.Revenge of the fallen Is one of worst summer blockbusters I have ever seen.

No. It is called an opinion. Some people may disagree with the ratings for the list of CBMs on your signature, but it is your opinion so it would be disrespectful for someone to say "you have to be joking".

I haven't watched Revenge of the fallen but Transformers 1&3 in my opinion have more substance than they are given credit for. I am not saying they are amazing, but still I don't see them as just hollow action flicks.

In regards to your comment that the critics are right about MOS and Transformers (the first one). Which critics? The movies have scores over 50%. The critics can not be right because they are divided. If in a group of people, half like a product while the other half do not, how can you say "the group is right about the product"?

Anyway, sorry for carrying on the off-topic discussion. I hope this movie does well and that I like it because it looks really interesting.

Last edited:
The closest to a real live action transformers was the third one and that was still lacking
In my oporion.As long as Michael Bay Is directing I don't expect much from transformers..

I am abiding my moderatorer's wishes and not list the various reasons why I have my attitude towards man of steel.

All I have to say Is anyone who praises man of steel,Iron Man 3,and transformers doesn't have any reasons to critize The Wolverine for liberties being taken.

All I have to say Is anyone who praises man of steel,Iron Man 3,and transformers doesn't have any reasons to critize The Wolverine for liberties being taken.

People have the right to criticize whatever they want. Fans have specific things that bother them when it comes to adaptions depending on what they have read or care about. Especially when it comes to A list characters, which is why X-Men gets so much ****. Those characters are way more well known and cared about then say The Mandarain.

Last edited:
It's getting very old that X-Men Is expected to have to be 100 percent accurate to comics and so many just complain about them and call all of them crap yet all other films takes from comics or animation are given so much latitude and they praise those films.Spider-man,Man of steel,Dark Knight trilogy,and MS have plenty of changes too and they have reimaged characters too but they according to some are so great and so faithful while X-Men films are all terrable and all crap.

It's getting very old that X-Men Is expected to have to be 100 percent accurate to comics and so many just complain about them and call all of them crap yet all other films takes from comics or animation are given so much latitude and they praise those films.Spider-man,Man of steel,Dark Knight trilogy,and MS have plenty of changes too and they have reimaged characters too but they according to some are so great and so faithful while X-Men films are all terrable and all crap.

What are you talking about dude, everyone loves FC and X2. No one wants 100% accuracy. They want the characters done justice. Big difference. Ever think maybe alot of people just enjoyed Dark Knight more as a film then the X flicks? Nothing wrong with that. You like X-men and Singer while someone else prefers Spider-Man and Webb or Spider-Man and Raimi.

MOS, Transformers and IM3 get alot of crap. ALOT. I don't know how you are acting like people are ignoring this. Its not just X-Men. And if X3 and XMOW never came out you wouldnt hear half the hate.

I'm not gonna praise a film for taking a piss on a character I read about every week. The Mandarin in IM3 didn't bother me, cause I don't care about that character or think he's important in the grnad scheme of things. Never did. Rogue in X-Men bothered me because I've read stories with her since I was 5, and I know she's capable of being a stronger character. Depends on what someone finds imprortant/knows.

Last edited:
I am talking about those who post on front page and oother boards.I hear all the time all X-Men are crap,and Bryan Singer ruined X-Men.

Next people will start bashing X-Men,X2,and first Class because they got better reviews than Man of steel.According to some man of steel was brillent and any who disagrees Is crap:cmad:

Other films not X-Men make plenty of changes or reimagens them but they get no flak and others go around on here and other places prasing them:whatever:

If your going to go around bashing X-Men films you have to start going same treatment to other films which few are doing:huh:

Other films not X-Men make plenty of changes or reimagens them but they get no flak and others go around on here and other places prasing them:whatever:

Yes they do. IM3 and Transformers get hate on every single board. Sometimes changes can work for fans and other times not. People are not completely against change all the time. It's more how entertaining the result is. The people who bash FC and X2 are the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"