The Thea Queen/ Willa Holland thread

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Dark Raven, Oct 30, 2012.

1. STINGRAY Registered

Thea never comes off as a believable fighter to me.

Willa Holland`s spindly arms & legs, with their absolute lack of muscle tone, just make every fight scene she is supposed to be in look staged to the point that even a healthy Suspension of Disbelief cannot sustain the illusion that she is a trained and capable fighter.

Look at the other 'vigilante' on-screen players...
    From Stephen Amell on down, each has a varying degree of physical conditioning, allowing them to appear viable as the action characters they portray....

But Willa Holland.....she doesn`t look like she could successfully threaten a healthy ten-year-old, much less take down men that out-weigh her by 75-100 pounds. True, there are martial arts that depend more upon leverage and technique than physical power, but Thea`s supposed training is extremely weapons-focused and her unarmed training is not in so-termed 'soft' styles such as Aikido or Judo, she is depicted as a direct, linear-attack power-hitter...

And she simply does not have the physique that power-hitters have to have.

Further, wielding weapons takes strength and stamina. Steel Swords have weight. Even a Compound Bow requires some muscle strength to draw. Weapons fighting takes stamina to engage in for any length of time.

Everyone else carries off the illusion that they are well-conditioned and capable of combat...
    But Willa Holland just looks like a cos-player with a well-conditioned bank account, not a well-conditioned body.

2. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I'll miss you Willa!
    http://tvline.com/2018/03/29/arrow-willa-holland-leaving-thea-season-6-episode-16/

3. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

Shame she's leaving... wish her well in whatever it is she does next

4. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I totally forgot that she is only 26. She's been on tv forever.

5. ComicBookNerd Registered

Thea Queen is my absolute favorite character on this show, but I’m glad she’s gone so Willa could get roles that will make better use of her acting. Just disappointed that they gave her such a lame send off. Her character deserved better, but I guess it’s typical of Arrow to shortchange her.

6. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

What can she play in next? A comedy? A drama? Another action series?

7. davidshannon Registered

Oh man! She is getting prettier day by day. I like her in short hairs and the way she talks! OMG...