Civil War The Title Bout (airport scene) howd you like it?

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
How did the 6 v 6 superhero civil war battle go in your mind?

_1452024629.jpg

hw6rirym2agurlua46y5.gif

Last edited:
I wish there was another choice between somewhat and perfectly. Nothing is ever perfect so I always balk at saying that or giving 10/10 scores to anything but somewhat just doesn't express just how damn good that sequence was.

It was spectacular. It did exactly what I hoped: had me grinning from ear to ear, feeling about 8 years old, and screaming with glee inside my head.

Have some problems with how a certain fight played out, but overall 9/10.

Loved it! Scenes like that are we go to the movies.

I wish there was another choice between somewhat and perfectly. Nothing is ever perfect so I always balk at saying that or giving 10/10 scores to anything but somewhat just doesn't express just how damn good that sequence was.

I think "perfectly satisfying" is somewhat different than saying "perfect"

knaw mean? But yeah, I hear you. Was originally gonna go with "Mostly satisfying" lol.

I think overall, it was perfectly satisfying to me. But I did have one request from the fight that didn't get fulfilled.

We needed just one snippet of Scarlet Witch keeping Vision occupied/at bay. As it stands, we didn't see Vision doing like... anything midway through the battle after they all ran at each other. In all actuality, he could've probably handled the other 5 members of cap's team alone, so this scene was crucial imo.

It was definitely satisfying and there were some great comedic moments.

My issue is that originally the trailers made it seem like a semi-serious brawl was going to go down. Then the reviews hit and the hype was off the charts. What I ended watching was basically brothers wrestling in the living room while managing to showcase some of their powers. Some of the green screen needed work (just a little too obvious).

It was a good scene, but I still think the hype is overblown. I wouldn't call it the best action scene ever. And they weren't fighting 100% against each other. I felt they were holding back, which is just an observation. I like it down and dirty. :sly:

Overrated and overhyped. Don't get me wrong, I loved it (favorite part of the movie) but the reviews made it seem like the greatest thing ever (I distinctly remember John Campea calling it the best action sequence not just in a CBM, but in any action movie of all time smh). I definitely wouldn't call it the best CBM fight scene ever.

It was a good scene, but I still think the hype is overblown. I wouldn't call it the best action scene ever. And they weren't fighting 100% against each other. I felt they were holding back, which is just an observation. I like it down and dirty. :sly:

100% agree with this

The fight was really good but the thing is atleast for me that a lot of the fights were cut down . Too much editing, the cap /panther fight had like 5 shots or so I wanted to see more hits landed it was just like t'challa scratches the shield then swings his claws around, cut to panther kicking cap in the chest then cut to other stuff then cap kicks panther and that's it. The same with the other fights it kinda felt disjointed a bit, I wished they spent a cpuple more seconds with each fight. The bucky /BP fight the same thing, way too short, bucky punches BP, black panther comes back, they grapple for 2 secs then BP kicks bucky and they're interupted by wanda that's it.

Now this is a small criticism but all in all it was really good.

The fight was really good but the thing is atleast for me that a lot of the fights were cut down . Too much editing, the cap /panther fight had like 5 shots or so I wanted to see more hits landed it was just like t'challa scratches the shield then swings his claws around, cut to panther kicking cap in the chest then cut to other stuff then cap kicks panther and that's it. The same with the other fights it kinda felt disjointed a bit, I wished they spent a cpuple more seconds with each fight. The bucky /BP fight the same thing, way too short, bucky punches BP, black panther comes back, they grapple for 2 secs then BP kicks bucky and they're interupted by wanda that's it.

Now this is a small criticism but all in all it was really good.

DUDE. I am 110% with you on this. I'm so happy you said this. Look, the whole sequence was very well done but like you said, a couple of extra seconds for certain fights would've went a LONG way. A lot of the confrontations ended too soon. I also would've liked to see more blows exchanged between BP and Bucky or BP and Cap. I kinda feel this way about all the fight scenes in the movie in general (although the final Cap v. Ironman end fight was satisfying). They just ended way too quickly.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd call it a 9/10. It's fantastic but as others have said, hard to live up to the hype - I imagine to first time critics who had no preconceptions it was mindblowing. I actually enjoyed it more a second time around, though.

My favorite bit was probably Spider-Man vs. Captain America. Still hard to believe I saw those two fight in a movie, let alone the MCU.

I thought it was overhyped, over-edited, and at times felt like an empty excuse to show off the new toys in Spiderman and Ant-Man. Sure, they were fun to see but ultimately they hadn't contributed anything to the film's plot. Characters who were actually key to the plot (Cap, IM, Bucky, BP, even the Hawkeye/Widow scrap) should've been afforded extended takes for their fight scenes.

It had all the fun spectacle and (lack of) dramatic stakes that you'd expect from a circus.

Good but overhyped. I would actually give the GSP attempt to take Bucky the nod for best action sequence of the film.

Epic stuff. The takedown of Giant-Man and Cap beating Spider-Man were two of the highlights.

I also really liked the "I don't care" exchange.

I felt they were holding back, which is just an observation. I like it down and dirty. :sly:

That's to be expected. With maybe 4 exceptions (Black Panther, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, and Bucky), these are all friends who have fought alongside one another. I don't know why people went in expecting them to be fighting to death.

It's like all those silly posts when the movie was first announced when people were talking about Vision decapitating people or Iron Man blowing Cap's chest open. These aren't sociopaths, people.

It was definitely satisfying and there were some great comedic moments.

My issue is that originally the trailers made it seem like a semi-serious brawl was going to go down. Then the reviews hit and the hype was off the charts. What I ended watching was basically brothers wrestling in the living room while managing to showcase some of their powers. Some of the green screen needed work (just a little too obvious).

That's my sole problem with is as well. The fear of someone getting hurt is at the level of them just having a friendly sparring match. It's still one of the best fight scenes, and gorgeously shot.

blown AWAY! the sequence was a nice tease for what lies ahead in Infinity War! DAMN I can't wait my mind was blown by the epicness of the fight.

It was fine, but frankly overhyped. I felt it was there because it is what is expected/demanded of a movie with this premise, but didn't make complete sense to happen.

I wouldn't call it the best action sequence in recent memory, I even liked the battle of the Hellicariers in TWS better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"