The Dark Knight Rises The 'Tusi: No Gif-splosions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTw, is anyone aware of The Dark Knight Returns comes out this Fall... and that it's being split into 2 films... and that Robocop is the voice of Batman? *has stroke* :wow: :hrt:

Yup!

And tbh, if this movie had no main villain and it was just Pete dealing with his grief by lashing out to thugs and some minor villains, mainly mobsters, I would've liked it even more, based on the movie's initial approach.

It's odd, because I can see the logic of having a colourful villain in a CBM, as it makes it something of an easier sell. And yet the Lizard had almost no part in the marketing for the film. :huh:

The lizard was... there. Doc Ock in Spidey 2 was better. He was likeable, and you could feel how he shared something with Petey.

BTw, is anyone aware of The Dark Knight Returns comes out this Fall... and that it's being split into 2 films... and that Robocop is the voice of Batman? *has stroke* :wow: :hrt:

Yep, as if us bat fans didn't have enough to be excited for.

What does everyone think of this supposed Silver age Arkham prequel.

It's odd, because I can see the logic of having a colourful villain in a CBM, as it makes it something of an easier sell. And yet the Lizard had almost no part in the marketing for the film. :huh:

Exactly. Or for the movie.:oldrazz:

I think it's a safe move, made by cowards.

I'll withold judgement until I hear more than vague details about the games premise, but I've never been keen on Batman working with the Justice League.

2 Films??

jacknicholsongif.gif

IM 3 is filming. In "brilliant" 3D.

And Fantastic Four comes back too. With a different cast...

F4 cannot be saved... never liked them in the first place; if it becomes a film, I want Dr. Doom to kill them all and have him tie into a separate Black Panther or Silver Surfer film.

I'll put it to you this way: I was hoping the aliens in Avengers were Skrulls just because they're too cool for F4... :oldrazz:

Léo Ho Tep;23832371 said:
The lizard was... there. Doc Ock in Spidey 2 was better. He was likeable, and you could feel how he shared something with Petey.

And that was the problem with Ock. Basically, we got an Ock Connors in TASM and a Connors Ock in SM2.

You mean the videogame, featuring the JLA? I thought it was debunked?

I'll put it to you this way: I was hoping the aliens in Avengers were Skrulls just because they're too cool for F4... :oldrazz:

Nah, they'd have been wasted in TA. Thank Lucas it was the Chitauri.

Exactly. Or for the movie.:oldrazz:

I actually enjoyed Connors' journey through the movie, even though his post-transformation motivations were a jumbled, chaotic mess. a "lizard" reveal should have come about 15 mins earlier though, he really is an "addition" to the plot as he is.

And that was the problem with Ock. Basically, we got an Ock Connors in TASM and a Connors Ock in SM2.

This! Plus a bit of GG with having a split personality (talking to himself etc).

I'm really not familiar with the spider-man comics but are there no villains that are just different?

And tbh, if this movie had no main villain and it was just Pete dealing with his grief by lashing out to thugs and some minor villains, mainly mobsters, I would've liked it even more, based on the movie's initial approach.

This.

Overall, I felt the whole "Mad scientist that I have to stop, but I have to be careful he's a potential ally" archetype was beaten to death in SM2. This, in addition to the multiple personality complex they used, ultimately just makes The Lizard seem to me like a sparsely interesting composite of Doctor Octopus and The Green Goblin.

I totally think that if they took the "less is more" approach, the film would've benefited overall.

Léo Ho Tep;23832397 said:
yeah I know, but I liked him, and Molina did an awesome job.

I liked him, too. And agreed on Molina. Inspired casting. Thank God none of the casting rumours came to be, aka DeNiro or Walken.

Léo Ho Tep;23832371 said:

It's hard for me to accept Rhys Ifans as a scientist or even as a serious actor. I watched Enduring Love a couple of months ago and if I would've had a stalker like him, I would laugh & whistle the whole day.

I grew up with the 90's cartoon and am pissed because I still to this day cannot determine Doc Ock's nationality. :cmad:

They completely butchered Ock's character. Ock is pure evil and then they decided to give him Connor's backstory. One of the many things I hated about that movie

This! Plus a bit of GG with having a split personality (talking to himself etc).

I'm really not familiar with the spider-man comics but are there no villains that are just different?

Yeah, the split personality was bad and, ultimately, added nothing to the plot. We just got a repeat of his motivations, which could've been shown by a shot of the computer screen in his lair.

It's like i was saying in the Bane thread, the problem with lizard is that...he just wasn't human enough (or that he was too human) Comic books are still films with humans, and villains tend to be human characters who can emote and establish a connection with the audience no matter what...either that or the villain is nameless and elemental. He's a monster, an effect that destroys everything in it's path that evokes fear....you can't get that when your character has a voice and a character but is hidden in a cgi f***fest that is the lizard, it takes you out of it. This isn't WETA and Lizard is no gollum, should have done Andy Serkis to do Lizard and get a proper performance out of it, but it's all half assed, and no one can get into the character because it's just a walking talking cgi effect.

It's why i don't think Thanos would work as a main villain in an Avengers film, because they need a proper real life actor to go out there and breathe and live his role, they need him to emote and act...if it's some cgi effect with some guy doing a voice, then it will never work as a great villain like it does in the comics.

So yeah...the human element very very important in films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"