The Dark Knight Rises The 'Tusi: No Gif-splosions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you check your "chemistry" with Selina!

Getting to read the script for the fan film I've just been cast as Bruce/Batman in today :awesome:
And I get to meet, "Harvey, "Selina" and "Alfred" at some point when I get out of work.
Hoping I get to see the completed suit today.
Very exciting times :woot:

Awesome :D When can see the movie? *impatient*

I remember someone posting a really in depth nearly hour long video review of the dark knight about a month ago. Anyone know what I'm talking about and/or can point me in the right direction to find it?

I remember someone posting a really in depth nearly hour long video review of the dark knight about a month ago. Anyone know what I'm talking about and/or can point me in the right direction to find it?

Do you mean this maybe?

[YT]QCJdFLry3do[/YT]

Make sure you check your "chemistry" with Selina!

We had a screen test over webcam with a few different girls and the yankee girl that got cast was so good that the director was willing to re-write Selina's back story.

We had pretty good chemistry despite the connection lagging every 5 ****ing seconds :argh:
I threw a mock Bale tantrum :woot:

And Hush is the villain?

Yep. I don't know much about Hush but from what the director has told me it sounds like a very personal encounter. And there's a very harrowing scene showing how Tommy Elliot becomes Hush. Like if its pulled off like he described, it sounds hard to watch.

Needless to say I've ordered every Hush graphic novel amazon has to offer :hehe:

Well that's extremely interesting because Hush is one of those characters with an extreme amount of potential that hasn't exactly been utilised that well in the comics, he's not unlike Bane in that sense.

It'll be great to see how he turns out.

ZPCl_F.jpg

I'm not 100% sure but we were hoping for early 2013. It's scheduled to be a really quick shoot, for me at least.

Confirmed: Batman dies :wow:

(I have no clue about TDKR ending and dont intend to know anything so dont give any hints)

Well that's extremely interesting because Hush is one of those characters with an extreme amount of potential that hasn't exactly been utilised that well in the comics, he's not unlike Bane in that sense.

I'd remembered hearing the name from a comic but I had never read any actual storylines with Hush but it does seem like a great character, especially for this particular story.

One of the things that is being focused on is the comparison of both Bruce & Tommy having the horrible trauma of their parent(s) (I believe Tommy's mum lived on for a while?) and how they grow up with that emotional scar.

In Tommy's introduction Bruce Wayne is hosting a party and Tommy turns up and completely steals the spotlight. So in it's simplest form Bruce is like "**** we both lost our parents but while I'm considering running around like a bat, he seems completely unaffected."

About Hush

the Hush storyline is a poor knightfall ripp off, with a structure reminiscent of TLH and DV. It's badly written, most characters are there for the sake of being redesigned by Jim lee, and the story is generic and convoluted with all those stupid twists. Hush himself is thrown in suddenly, and he's not even that smart actually, considering how heavily the riddler was implicated in the whole scheme.

That makes me think: hush side mission in AC is really weird. By throwing away the whole "I know bruce is Batman" thing, he's suddenly less menacing. Because Bats is one step ahead of him. But the end of that side mission is really creepy in a good way.

I'd remembered hearing the name from a comic but I had never read any actual storylines with Hush but it does seem like a great character, especially for this particular story.

One of the things that is being focused on is the comparison of both Bruce & Tommy having the horrible trauma of their parent(s) (I believe Tommy's mum lived on for a while?) and how they grow up with that emotional scar.

In Tommy's introduction Bruce Wayne is hosting a party and Tommy turns up and completely steals the spotlight. So in it's simplest form Bruce is like "**** we both lost our parents but while I'm considering running around like a bat, he seems completely unaffected."
That's sounds about right, from his very first appearance the guy has a lot going on under the surface, in a lot of ways like Bruce. I'm actually really excited to see how you guys pull off the Bats/Hush dynamic.

Hai guize..I was wondering if I could get some directions? I seemed to have gone into a TASM thread..swear I was heading to the tusi..

Do any of you believe in the friday the 13th crap?

Hai guize..I was wondering if I could get some directions? I seemed to have gone into a TASM thread..swear I was heading to the tusi..

The TASM talk is burried my friend and yet you bring it up :o :oldrazz:

That's sounds about right, from his very first appearance the guy has a lot going on under the surface, in a lot of ways like Bruce. I'm actually really excited to see how you guys pull off the Bats/Hush dynamic.

The general feeling I got from talking about Batman/Hush encounters was, Bruce & Tommy will show some charm, charisma, nostalgia but their meetings as Batman & Hush will show a lot of desperation.

Léo Ho Tep;23832961 said:
About Hush

the Hush storyline is a poor knightfall ripp off, with a structure reminiscent of TLH and DV. It's badly written, most characters are there for the sake of being redesigned by Jim lee, and the story is generic and convoluted with all those stupid twists. Hush himself is thrown in suddenly, and he's not even that smart actually, considering how heavily the riddler was implicated in the whole scheme.

That makes me think: hush side mission in AC is really weird. By throwing away the whole "I know bruce is Batman" thing, he's suddenly less menacing. Because Bats is one step ahead of him. But the end of that side mission is really creepy in a good way.

That's largely because of Loeb's writting more than anything I think, he's used that same story in thrice with Batman and even once in Hulk.

Hush was used fairly well in Dini's run, but even then not as well as he could be. They've yet to capitalise on the fact that he and Bruce used to genuinely be friends before his mother ruined him.

I know you'll be excited for this, I'm finally reading the full script today, meeting "Harvey, Selina & Alfred" and possibly seeing, and trying on the suit :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"