The Dark Knight Rises The Tusian Empire Rises: Attack of Dat Cat Booty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in the middle of reading book 4 or 5 of the Necroscope series from back in the 80s (I think?), after that was planning on reading Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest - has anyone read GWKtHN? Is it any good?

Also, was THEN planning on starting the GoT series - which I've heard is amazing, confirm/deny?

Have you read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire? If you have, you should have a good idea of Larsson's style and whether you enjoy reading him or not.

A Song of Ice and Fire is one of the best works of modern fantasy, in my opinion.

Ah yes, the BBC series is fantastic. Series 2 finale - best last 20 minutes of television ever.

So Sherlock Holmes is a safe topic, right Dark?

All classics are safe, slim :cwink:

H. P. Lovecraft
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Robert E. Howard
Robert Louis Stevenson
Mary Shelly
Bram Stoker
Isaac Asimov
Ray Bradbury
Aldous Huxley
So on and so forth....

All classics are safe, slim :cwink:

H. P. Lovecraft
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Robert E. Howard
Robert Louis Stevenson
Mary Shelly
Bram Stoker
Isaac Asimov
Ray Bradbury
Aldous Huxley
So on and so forth....

Ha, alright, awesome! :up:
I can't forgive them for ruining Moriarty. Such a waste. :csad:

I thought he was brilliant. :huh:

Different strokes.

Have you read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire? If you have, you should have a good idea of Larsson's style and whether you enjoy reading him or not.

A Song of Ice and Fire is one of the best works of modern fantasy, in my opinion.

Yeah I've read the first two and enjoyed them, I thought TGWPWF wasn't as good as Dragon Tattoo, however. Was just wondering if Hornet's Nest was better than the second one.

Also, having read LOTR, the Tamuli and Elenium from Eddings, the Black Company series, etc - and hearing from folks that ASoIaF holds up, I'm excited.

Ah yes, the BBC series is fantastic. Series 2 finale - best last 20 minutes of television ever.

I agree. Wow, so intense and emotional. The villain was creepy and really challenged Sherlock like never before.

I can't forgive them for ruining Moriarty. Such a waste. :csad:

Ah, I don't know much about him, but he really entertained me - so awesome!

And of course this bad boy right here :cwink:

imagejrf.jpg

:hehe:

Ha, alright, awesome! :up:

I thought he was brilliant. :huh:

Different strokes.

He was essentially an original character, who they called Moriarty. The professor was no gibbering loon. I enjoyed most other aspects of the show, however, especially the Irene Adler episode.

Yeah I've read the first two and enjoyed them, I thought TGWPWF wasn't as good as Dragon Tattoo, however. Was just wondering if Hornet's Nest was better than the second one.

Also, having read LOTR, the Tamuli and Elenium from Eddings, the Black Company series, etc - and hearing from folks that ASoIaF holds up, I'm excited.

Ah ok, for a second I thought you were considering starting at book three! My mistake. :oldrazz:

It's about on par with the second book, I'd say. Tattoo is the best by a long stretch.

I hate "different strokes"..its like "rubbed the wrong way"..and I love wordplay.

Whaaa? :(

Dolphins are fish, right?

Nev asked if you had finished season 3 yet. Again. Then he found your reply. :yay:

No it's not the same thing!! :cmad:

Yes and no.....turtle (shelled critter that can live on land and in water) means turtle and tortise....but tortise is the sub-genre of land living only.

I'm dying to meet a dolphin.

Honestly.

Matt should really get some sort of credit for his work... Just saw a shirt with some of his art on it in Hot Topic...

Oh, and just finished 50 Shades of Grey....what a fanstastic read.

Yes and no.....turtle (shelled critter that can live on land and in water) means turtle and tortise....but tortise is the sub-genre of land living only.

Then I suppose I can settle for "same difference" :hehe:

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"