The Dark Knight Rises The Tusian Empire Rises: Attack of Dat Cat Booty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me, we agreed to rule the tusi as a team.

I'd like to see these SPOILER FREE reviews...but its a mad house in that thread and I don't know where to begin

Allow me,

Here is theShape's initial spoiler free reactions:

Here we go. Before I start, I can't handle the questions. I'm not answering them. I'm not spoiling the movie for anyone. No PMs with spoilers.

Having said that, HOLY MOLEY DEPUTY COMMISSIONER FOLEY, this is a great film. It's not a summer blockbuster by any means, and yet, it totally is (if that makes sense). The biggest question everyone asks: "is it better than TDK?" and I'll answer that by saying it's really different. Everything's different. The characters are different (even Bruce at first), the tone is different, and the story is different. But everything is BIGGER and, in my eyes, better. I love the Joker as much as anyone else (my favorite villain in any medium) but Bane's plan is more creative, better executed, and a little more fun to watch as it all unfold.

I also don't want to get into story specifics because there's really no need, but listen...if you've followed this forum like I have and read most of the "spoilers" over the past few months, I can tell you that many of us have guessed correctly on many of the various story tidbits that have come our way. Still, that doesn't make this film any less exciting to watch and there are PLENTY of surprises still in store (scenes, moments, plot points). I beg you all: DON'T READ SPOILER REVIEWS. You're all so close! Why would you want to read specific quotations and the fates of characters and the film's ending? I'll never understand that.

One HUGE thing everyone will want to know is that Bane is completely audible. I saw the prologue at the same theater I saw this film (Lincoln Square iIMAX NYC) and I can tell you that right from the start, I noticed that Bane's dialogue had either been boosted up or re-dubbed (some lines seemed a little different). And there was no problem hearing him through the rest of the film, maybe one or two lines I missed. Overall, though, Gordon is the person I had the most trouble making out a times, and I also had this problem during TDK in theaters.

All of the actors are at the top of the game. Anne Hathaway completely blew me away, and this is coming from a guy who really isn't a fan of any of her other movies. She has her own little musical theme and represents many of the film's most comic-booky moments. I practically fell head over heels in love with her during the film. Selina's motivation during the first half of the film is a little lame, but she plays an intricate role in the entire film and it wouldn't be the same without her. The dynamic between her and Batman is wayyyy better and more fleshed out than it was in Batman Returns, mainly because Selina is a much more believable character and more like her comic book counterpart.

Other quick things: The Bane>Batman beatdown that we all know is coming completely blew me away, more than I thought it would. There's no music backing this scene at all, which makes it all the more powerful.

I LOVE the way Batman fights in this film whenever he does. When he fights, he roars and screams with anger and range, especially when he faces Bane. I also think his suit looks 100x better than it did in TDK for some reason.

The music was incredible, as we all knew it would be. Can't even begin to explain this to you but the final minutes had me in tears.

I really liked Blake's character. Not spoiling anything about him, but he is strongly tied into the story and has interactions with pretty much all the major characters. He will certainly represent one of the biggest talking points about the film...and no, his name is not Dick Grayson.

Allow me,

Here is theShape's initial spoiler free reactions:

thank you :up:

and....

:wow::wow::wow:
OhYesNicholson.gif

Nev, what do you think of changing the thread title to: The Tusian Empire: Attack of Dat Cat Booty

thank you :up:

and....

:wow::wow::wow:
OhYesNicholson.gif

You are most welcome.:yay:

Also there is this bit :
Were there more or less Batman (not Bruce) scenes in TDKR compared to BB or TDK?

Less Batman scenes, plenty of Bruce scenes though. Batman's scene pack a punch.

I can see this causing some outcries, but I think it is line with what Nolan has stated was the goal of these films. To tell Bruce Wayne's story.

In the last three hours, TDKR has been described as:

Amazing. Emotional. Powerful. Awesome. Incredible. Gripping. Unbelievable. Intense. Masterpiece. Gorgeous.

And Sensual.

:awesome:

Amazing. Emotional. Powerful. Awesome. Incredible. Gripping. Unbelievable. Intense. Masterpiece. Gorgeous.

And Sensual.

No epic? I am disappoint!

And Sensual.

Attack of Dat Cat Booty indeed :hrt:

All amazing news. But when will spoilers leak...tonight?

:funny: and as I have seniority (in terms of time on these boards as opposed to post count) I trust you will all accept my wisdom and guidance

I post more in the tusi than you :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"