BLM Protests Across The World

This.

This is my concern. This is why I don't think any reasonable level of violence will result in any kind of appreciable change for the better. We're already seeing the government ramp up its "military response".

Right, but you misinterpreted my point. If there was no violence, nothing would change and the establishments that prop up the racists in society would stay as they are. At least this shakes things up.

If the government ramps up it's militarization (like it's already threatening to do) then the citizens will respond in kind. And the world will be watching.

It takes violence to remove the status quo. They've tried the other methods and it doesn't seem to be working. Whether the violence changes things for the better is beside the point.

Really good video going in depth about George Floyd's arrest and death.

I get a really strong feeling that cop wanted to kill him. The way he just keeps pressing on his neck, that look in his eyes. Sickening. There was intent there, cant convince me of otherwise.

From a purely political perspective, I think this could be Trump's undoing. I think this will further motivate the African-American community to vote him out (I would say "galvanize", but I think that had already happened) as well as bring younger people out who might not have otherwise voted. If true, it's a sad statement that someone had to die for this to happen. For Trump to make a statement regarding him not dying in vain would be laughable if it wasn't so twisted and mendacious. He doesn't give one S*** about that poor man and we all know it.
It would be sad, but I hope it still happens.

Really good video going in depth about George Floyd's arrest and death.

I get a really strong feeling that cop wanted to kill him. The way he just keeps pressing on his neck, that look in his eyes. Sickening. There was intent there, cant convince me of otherwise.

Heart breaking and infuriating!! Floyd wasn't agressive or violent at all and didn't even talk back to any of the cops disrespectfully.

He was genuinely in distress and terrified. Maybe resisted arrest but really could have been claustrophobic.

Trump is supposed to speak soon. Police on horseback, Secret Service, and National Guard suddenly came out in huge force to drive back the crowd near the White House with flash grenades.

UPDATE: Oh joy, he came straight out calling them an angry mob and domestic terrorists and himself the President of law and order.

The Louisville police chief has been fired. Last night during the protests, a store owner was shot. The governor wanted to review the body cam video....and was told that the police had not turned them on, so there was no video.

What is this? I’m apparently blocked.

Video of Floyd being beaten in the back of the van before being pulled out and suffocated in the street.

At this point, our country ever going back to "normal" is entirely in the rearview.
From a purely political perspective, I think this could be Trump's undoing. I think this will further motivate the African-American community to vote him out (I would say "galvanize", but I think that had already happened) as well as bring younger people out who might not have otherwise voted. If true, it's a sad statement that someone had to die for this to happen. For Trump to make a statement regarding him not dying in vain would be laughable if it wasn't so twisted and mendacious. He doesn't give one S*** about that poor man and we all know it.

I admire your optimism but the die-hard Trumpers I know will literally never budge from anything. It's just anecdotal so take it with a grain of salt but I honestly don't know anyone who voted for him 4 years ago that has openly expressed they won't do so again.

I hope I'm wrong. But we're a fundamentally racist country, and Trump is the candidate for fundamentally racist people.

Unbelievable.

Right before Trump came out to speak, police on horseback, National Guard, and military police rolled out in huge force to drive the crowd away from the White House.

He came straight out calling them an angry mob and domestic terrorists and himself the president of law and order. He threatens to deploy the military to the cities if the governors don’t use the National Guard to restore order.

I mean, if a stray rubber bullet hit Trump and he died from it, that would be ideal.

I admire that parents self control to not make that cop eat that canister.

I also admire the cops total lack of survival sense and sheer arrogance that he wouldn't be harmed then and there. My father would have went for the kill if a cop deliberatly did that to me and mom.

I wish people with kids would just get out of these hotzones and keep kids away from this mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"