The Ultimate College Football Thread!!!!!!!!! OMG - - Part 2

But they are cute...

Maybe he should pop some Tums and Prilosec for that acid reflux he was getting.

Fall camp has officially started for most teams. Less than a month until the first games now.

I know they're essentially pointless, but does anyone know when preseason rankings come out?

Soon.

Coaches poll is out though

1. Alabama
  2. Clemson
  3. Ohio State
  4. Georgia
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Washington
  7. Wisconsin
  8. Miami
  9. Penn State
  10. Auburn
  11. Notre Dame
  12. Michigan State
  13. Stanford
  14. Michigan
  15. USC
  16. TCU
  17. Virginia Tech
  18. Missisippi State
  19. Florida State
  20. West Virginia
  21. Texas
  22. Boise State
  23. UCF
  24. LSU
  25. Oklahoma State

So Urban Meyer is a liar and cool with a man beating a woman. Oh, and he is also on paid administrative leave:

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...keyes-places-urban-meyer-administrative-leave

He's cool with a man beating his wife? Apparently so are the police as they investigated this situation and no charges were ever filed until just recently. Not sure how that means he's "cool with a man beating his wife." In Ohio, the victim does not have to file charges for someone to be prosecuted for domestic violence. So this guy is never charged with a crime, denies everything and when he is finally charged with a crime he is promptly terminated. And in your mind all of this is the head football coaches fault? Maybe he should have fired this coach when he learned of the initial accusations but from what I've read he got the couple into counseling instead of firing him. Obviously that counseling didn't work. Also apparently the woman's parents are siding with the head coach and the university on this. This whole situation is very strange. I'm in the camp where I don't believe Urban Meyer should be fired for the actions of some POS that works under him. This is assuming what he says about reporting the accusations to his superiors is true. The police investigated and chose to do nothing. I'm really not sure what the head football coach is supposed to do. Does firing him make the abuse stop? This whole thing is really strange and I'll be interested to hear what the whole story is when it comes out

Soon.

Coaches poll is out though

1. Alabama
  2. Clemson
  3. Ohio State
  4. Georgia
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Washington
  7. Wisconsin
  8. Miami
  9. Penn State
  10. Auburn
  11. Notre Dame
  12. Michigan State
  13. Stanford
  14. Michigan
  15. USC
  16. TCU
  17. Virginia Tech
  18. Missisippi State
  19. Florida State
  20. West Virginia
  21. Texas
  22. Boise State
  23. UCF
  24. LSU
  25. Oklahoma State

WOW How are the national champions #23?!?!?!

He's cool with a man beating his wife? Apparently so are the police as they investigated this situation and no charges were ever filed until just recently. Not sure how that means he's "cool with a man beating his wife." In Ohio, the victim does not have to file charges for someone to be prosecuted for domestic violence. So this guy is never charged with a crime, denies everything and when he is finally charged with a crime he is promptly terminated. And in your mind all of this is the head football coaches fault? Maybe he should have fired this coach when he learned of the initial accusations but from what I've read he got the couple into counseling instead of firing him. Obviously that counseling didn't work. Also apparently the woman's parents are siding with the head coach and the university on this. This whole situation is very strange. I'm in the camp where I don't believe Urban Meyer should be fired for the actions of some POS that works under him. This is assuming what he says about reporting the accusations to his superiors is true. The police investigated and chose to do nothing. I'm really not sure what the head football coach is supposed to do. Does firing him make the abuse stop? This whole thing is really strange and I'll be interested to hear what the whole story is when it comes out
Is a coach not responsible for who he hired, especially as this came up at least three times he worked for Meyer? Though the idea that his wife wasn't aware of at least the 9 occasions we know about seems rather strange.

Why did Urban Meyer lie about the 2015 incident? Could it be he saw the pictures and still decided to keep a man he knows physically abused his wife twice at least, on staff. But as soon as it got out, and he violated a restraining order (which means there was one in the first place) and a PR storm was coming, he fired him. I can't imagine why this all happened....

If there is a reason why this all sounds a lot like Paterno, is because it is another example of a person who claims moral superiority, and then does not practice what he preaches. His wife knew, he knew. They saw the photos. What the police did has nothing to do with what Urban Meyer did. These coaches are fired for less all the time. Also lets not for get that one of Meyer's good friend went up to the wife and told her to drop it, otherwise her husband won't coach again all the way back in 2009.

This is the guy he believed. Does this guy seems believable to you? Especially as he is the one who claims he wouldn't talk to Meyer about what was going on, even after Meyer said he and his wife were counselling them.

[YT]CUUXcrIwIRI[/YT]

Last edited:
I was about to mention Paterno (not that they are in any way equal situations, just head coaches being stupid)

thats a great movie by the way... reallllly ****ed up... but a really good movie

Last edited:
Is a coach not responsible for who he hired, especially as this came up at least three times he worked for Meyer? Though the idea that his wife wasn't aware of at least the 9 occasions we know about seems rather strange.

Why did Urban Meyer lie about the 2015 incident? Could it be he saw the pictures and still decided to keep a man he knows physically abused his wife twice at least, on staff. But as soon as it got out, and he violated a restraining order (which means there was one in the first place) and a PR storm was coming, he fired him. I can't imagine why this all happened....

If there is a reason why this all sounds a lot like Paterno, is because it is another example of a person who claims moral superiority, and then does not practice what he preaches. His wife knew, he knew. They saw the photos. What the police did has nothing to do with what Urban Meyer did. These coaches are fired for less all the time. Also lets not for get that one of Meyer's good friend went up to the wife and told her to drop it, otherwise her husband won't coach again all the way back in 2009.

This is the guy he believed. Does this guy seems believable to you? Especially as he is the one who claims he wouldn't talk to Meyer about what was going on, even after Meyer said he and his wife were counselling them.

[YT]CUUXcrIwIRI[/YT]

What I'm saying is why are we crucifying a head coach more tham the actual accused? This coach was the grandson of Earle Bruce, Urban Meyers mentor and family friend. He stuck his neck out for him. I'm asking you what Urban Meyer was supposed to do? The police were already involved. No charges were ever filed. Was Urban Meyer supposed to go above and beyond the police? He's a football coach. He was supposed to fire the guy even though there were no charges ever filed? Ok let's open the university up to a wrongful termination suit. And how does that help the situation? You think he gets fired and goes home to his wife and celebrates? Maybe he liked to the media to try and keep two people's personal business out of the public eye? As long as he did what he was supposed to do and didn't try to cover anything up, I don't see what the problem is. The police were involved and didn't think that there was cause to arrest the guy but let's hold the head coach accountable? This mob mentality stuff has got to stop. News comes out of this and people are instantly looking for someone to blame other than the guy who actually did the crime. Heads have to roll!

[YT]CUUXcrIwIRI[/YT]

And comparing this to Paterno is absolutely disgusting. Paterno knew kids were being molested for 30 years and actively covered it up. This is entirely different. THE POLICE WERE INVOLVED HERE. There was no effort to cover anything up. The only thing Urban Meyer did wrong was he wasn't truthful to the media. Again I ask you, what good would it do to fire the coach? Does the abuse stop? The police were already involved and he apparently reported the accusations to the AD. Who else should he report it to?

I was about to mention Paterno (not that they are in any way equal situations, just head coaches being stupid)

thats a great movie by the way... reallllly ****ed up... but a really good movie
The HBO one? If so, I agree. Very good imo.

And comparing this to Paterno is absolutely disgusting. Paterno knew kids were being molested for 30 years and actively covered it up. This is entirely different. THE POLICE WERE INVOLVED HERE. There was no effort to cover anything up. The only thing Urban Meyer did wrong was he wasn't truthful to the media. Again I ask you, what good would it do to fire the coach? Does the abuse stop? The police were already involved and he apparently reported the accusations to the AD. Who else should he report it to?
You know exactly what I mean with the Paterno comparison. Willful ignorance in the face of violence from an underling. Though the idea that a man knows one of his coaches is abusing his wife for 7 years and not only kept him on staff, but brought him onto another isn't all that bad is an interesting argument.

What good is it to keep a coach on the staff that abuses anyone? Keeping him on after he got a restraining order after knowing this had come up at least twice before? Does that stop the abuse? Telling him its okay? Meyer's wife knew how bad it was. Do you think Urban didn't? The cops failing does not mean Urban has the right to fail, especially as he had more info then them.

More over, explain why he lied to the media twice about the 2015 incident? Is it perhaps because of those text that were released, showing that his wife had seen photos of the abuse?

yea the HBO movie.. and i edited my post cause i saw this going down an alley i am staying away from :funny:

dr9c0.jpg

:facepalm:

Last edited:
Only 1 day away from having a full slate of Saturday games.

My Ducks got the win. It wasn't completely pretty but not a bad start to the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"