1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

The Ultimate College Football Thread!!!!!!!!! OMG - - Part 2

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Thread Manager, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Ghostrider87 Registered

I need to work at Texas Roadhouse tonight.

Most likely I'll see portions of my Volunteers playing the 13th ranked Rebels on ESPN in the bar area.
    I predict my Volunteers defeat the Rebels in a thrilling high scoring game 48-41 because they execute more successful offense plays, and the thundering crowd in Rocky Top creates issues for the Rebels they can't overcome.

I became a Washington Huskies fan in 2020 because my Huskies are my favorite dog breed, the terrific tradition including a siren used when the Huskies score a touchdown at Husky Stadium.
    I predict the rested Washington Huskies defeat the UCLA Bruins in a thrilling high scoring game 45-38. The Huskies defense defends when needed, the Huskies offense gets first downs when needed, the Huskies have a great game for running including more than 125 rushing yards, and the Huskies make less mistakes.

2. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

How many times can you say Huskies in one post?

3. Ghostrider87 Registered

As many as I want.

I see I was very wrong for both predictions.
    The thundering crowd didn't create any glaring issues for the Rebels since the Volunteers needed a valiant 2nd half comeback to make the game close, the Volunteers didn't defeat the Rebels 48-41 because the Rebels defeated the Volunteers 31-26.
    Also, the Rebels executed more successful offense plays.

I'm very embarrassed as a Vols Football Fan how the UT Vols fans reacted after the Rebels stopped by the Vols on 4th down. I

Washington didn't make fewer mistakes because of the 2nd turnover which stunned me when I saw it because of how the turnover happened, they were fooled by a fake on 3rd and 5, lost the turnover battle, and the defense failed to defend when needed including on 3rd and 5 on the final UCLA drive.

4. Ghostrider87 Registered

Appalachian State won to upset Coastal Carolina because they made a game-winning field goal on a Wednesday Night.

5. Ghostrider87 Registered

An priceless ending that Northern Illinois defeats Central Michigan because Central Michigan has a awful snap which is why Central Michigan couldn't attempt to kick the game-winning field goal.

An Unforgettable amazing game because the longshot Fighting Illini defeated the Nittany Lions in the 9th overtime in Happy Valley.

6. Reek _____

hmm

Go Dawgs!

7. Ghostrider87 Registered

I was entertained that Nick Saban choose to be happy with the had issues win since the Crimson Tide defeated a valiant Volunteers team that wouldn't quit and was running with them for more than
    46 game minutes until the interception hugely changed the momentum with the Crimson Tide putting the game out of reach when they increased their lead to 3 touchdowns.

I'm very happy my Volunteers kept the game watchable also entertaining and showed the ability to compete with heavyweight Alabama in Alabama. I'm still disappointed by the result because they lost by more than 21 points although easy to move on knowing bright days are ahead for the Rocky Top Volunteers because they are going to get their signature win this year.

If my UW Huskies lost to a terrible Arizona Wildcats team I would have been very depressed on my 36th Birthday on a Friday which is why I'm very happy they came back in the 2nd half to defeat a terrible winless team.

I was at Dj's Dugout watching multiple College Football games on a highly entertaining College Football Saturday including the 9 overtimes Illinois upsets Penn State game in Happy Valley.

8. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

You should start a YouTube page and share your in-depth analyses.

9. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Some pretty good college football on today. Fun games. I don’t have a dog in the fight at this point, but we’ve had some entertaining games

10. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I get the sense there's going to be some real craziness the final 2-3 weeks of the season, especially with so many rivalry games likely impacting the CFP polls.

11. signalman Registered

Purdue vs Northwestern game will be played at Wrigley Field Today.

NWPurdue.jpg

Field.jpg

12. GreenKToo I run into burning buildings. Crazy huh.

You wanna watch a game, where more times than not, they fight pregame?
    Ole miss vs state.
    They absolutely hate each other with a burning passion.

13. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

Oh yes. Rivalry week is here!

14. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

The perfect way to cap a regular season was the complete and utter throttling of Louisville.

15. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

The annual way-too-many-bowl-games list

· Dec 17, Bahamas Bowl…Middle Tennessee v Toledo

· Dec 17, Cure Bowl…Northern Illinois v Coastal Carolina

· Dec 18, Boca Raton Bowl…Appalachian State v Western Kentucky

· Dec 18, Celebration Bowl…Jackson State v Prairie View A&M

· Dec 18, New Mexico Bowl…Fresno State v UTEP

· Dec 18, Independence Bowl…BYU v UAB

· Dec 18, LendingTree Bowl…Eastern Michigan v Liberty

· Dec 18, LA Bowl…Oregon State v Utah St

· Dec 18, New Orleans Bowl…Louisiana v Marshall

· Dec 20, Myrtle Beach Bowl…Tulsa v Old Dominion

· Dec 21, Famous Idaho Potato Bowl…Kent St v Wyoming

· Dec 21, Frisco Bowl…San Diego St v UTSA

· Dec 22, Armed Forces Bowl…Missouri v Army

· Dec 23, Gasparilla Bowl…Florida v UCF

· Dec 23, Frisco Football Classic…Miami Ohio v North Texas

· Dec 24, Hawaii Bowl…Memphis v Hawaii

· Dec 25, Camellia Bowl…Ball State v Georgia State

· Dec 27, Quick Lane Bowl…Western Michigan v Nevada

· Dec 27, Military Bowl…East Carolina v Boston College

· Dec 28, Birmingham Bowl…Houston v Auburn

· Dec 28, First Responder Bowl…Air Force v Louisville

· Dec 28, Liberty Bowl…Texas Tech v Mississippi St

· Dec 28, Holiday Bowl…North Carolina St v UCLA

· Dec 28, Guaranteed Rate Bowl…Minnesota v West Virginia

· Dec 29, Fenway Bowl…Virginia v SMU

· Dec 29, Pinstripe Bowl…Virginia Tech v Maryland

· Dec 29, Cheez-It Bowl…Clemson v Iowa St

· Dec 29, Alamo Bowl…Oregon v Oklahoma

· Dec 30, Duke’s Mayo Bowl…North Carolina v South Carolina

· Dec 30, Music City Bowl…Tennessee v Purdue

· Dec 30, Peach Bowl…Michigan State v Pittsburgh

· Dec 30, Las Vegas Bowl…Wisconsin v Arizona St

· Dec 31, Gator Bowl…Wake Forest v Texas A&M

· Dec 31, Sun Bowl…Washington St v Miami

· Dec 31, Arizona Bowl…Central Michigan v Boise State

· Dec 31, Cotton Bowl…Alabama v Cincinnati

· Dec 31, Orange Bowl…Michigan v Georgia

· Jan 1, Outback Bowl…Arkansas v Penn State

· Jan 1, Citrus Bowl…Iowa v Kentucky

· Jan 1, Fiesta Bowl…Notre Dame v Oklahoma St

· Jan 1, Rose Bowl…Ohio State v Utah

· Jan 1, Sugar Bowl…Baylor v Ole Miss

· Jan 4, Texas Bowl…Kansas State v LSU

16. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Oh God....has anyone been watching any of the "I don't care who wins" Bowls?

The mighty 6-6 XXXXs take on the dangerous 6-6 YYYYs.

I think Scrubbing Bubbles should sponsor the Toilet Bowl.

17. SuperSpideyGirl Registered

Have they been dumping " Bowl Sponsor product" the last couple years and I just missed it? We've had a Mayo, Cheez-It, and French Fry bath that I've seen so far.

18. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

:funny:

Yeah......it's pretty brutal. The games are just now getting to be watchable. I don't gamble, but a buddy of mine does. I brought up the dearth of decent games and his response was "Yeah. I haven't watched any of those games, let alone invested in them". He refers to gambling as "investing in my retirement fund", but every time he wins any money, he goes out and blows it.

19. Ghostrider87 Registered

I'm very disappointed my Volunteers lost to the BoilerMakers 48-45 in overtime since the BoilerMakers outplayed them in a high-scoring exciting game.
    The future is bright for the Football Volunteers which is the loss is less disappointing.

My predictions for the College Football SemiFinal games are the Bearcats defeat the Crimson Tide in a thrilling high scoring game 38-31 with the over being proven right.
    The Bearcats disguised blitzes succeed, also getting pressure on Young is successful, and Ridder plays a great game running when needed and Ridder plays better than Young because of making less mistakes.

My other College Semifinal Playoff prediction is the Wolverines defeat the Bulldogs 24-17 with the under being proven right.
    The Wolverines Oline successfully defends McNamara, McNamara succeeds as a game manager also Michigan is able to successfully run the football, and the Wolverines defense gets pressure on the Bulldogs defense including Aidan Hutchison doesn't get contained by the Bulldogs OLine.
    My prediciton is more than 2 sacks for Aidan Hutichson.|

I did bet on Cincinatti to defeat Alabama also the over, and I"ll be using the same bet except under today, under for Michigan to defeat Georgia and the under, also same bet except the over today.

#594 Ghostrider87, Dec 31, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  20. SuperSpideyGirl Registered

Well my Wolverines played like crap...still an amazing season that no one really expected.

21. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

Dude :whatever:

22. Ghostrider87 Registered

I see I was proven extremely wrong for both my College Football SemiFinal playoff predictions because the Crimson Tide justified being favored by 13 points since they won by more than that in a game that the Crimson Tide always lead, and they made the game worse in the 2nd Half because they continued to score points in the 2nd Half.

The Crimson Tide defense kept the Bearcats out of the endzone, and the Crimson Tide defense played great. They outscored the Bearcats in the first half 17-3, and the 2nd Half 10-3. The Saban Crimson Tide has the great advantage of the experience on the big stage which showed in this game.

An all too easy 27-6 win for the Juggernaut Crimson Tide.

Cincinnati Bearcats defeating the Crimson Tide 38-31 was hugely wrong, and I see the under was proven very right in what wasn't a high scoring game because the Crimson Tide defense had an excellent performance giving the Bearcats an abysmal embarrassing loss because the Bearcats elite offense had a measly 6 points.

The Bearcats defense couldn't pressure Young like the Aggies, Young outplayed Ridder greatly, and the Crimson Tide did execute far more successful offense plays than the Bearcats since they did score 3 Touchdowns, and 2 Field Goals.

I was hugely wrong about the Wolverines defeating the Bulldogs 24-17 because the Bulldogs without struggle easily defeated an outmatched Wolverines team 34-11 in a game that was as awful as the score. The Bulldogs scored double than what I predicted they would score for points, they always lead in the game after scoring early and made the game an embarrassment in the 1st Half. The game went from bad to worse before halftime. Also, they did score more than 17 points in the first half, and they scored most of their 34 points in the 1st Half which just screams that Michigan was outmatched vs a wanting to rebound great Georgia Bulldogs team.

The Wolverines defense including Hutchison wasn't able to pressure Bennett and they couldn't get needed sacks since the Bulldogs Oline did an excellent job protecting Bennett. The Wolverines Oline didn't give McNamara needed protection, the Wolverines weren't able to successfully run the football, and the Wolverines didn't have many trips to the red zone since the Bulldogs defense successfully defended for most Wolverines offense possessions.

The amount of cash I lost for 4 bets for these 2 SemiFinal Playoff games is 50 bucks.

I don't mind that as a flaw because I still have an opportunity to make more than 40 bucks today by betting on the Hawkeyes to defeat the UK Wildcats which I'm confident happens.

#597 Ghostrider87, Jan 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  23. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

I watch as many bowl games as I can as a last hurrah for football since I rarely care about the NFL playoffs. I watched 6 bowls in their entirety and parts of 10 others.

My favorite, of course, was the Citrus Bowl. I never thought that I would see the day when I could say that Kentucky has won 4 straight bowl games, but here we are. And if you're a fan of awesome commentary, have a listen to the UK power team of Tom Leach and Jeff Piecoro via the Citrus Bowl highlights:

24. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I watched that too. It was a good game. Most, if not all, of the early bowl games are snoozers.

25. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

The last 6 minutes of that game aged me by about 7 years.