1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

The Ultimate College Football Thread!!!!!!!!! OMG - - Part 2

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Thread Manager, Jan 10, 2017.

1. signalman Registered

FCS Championship game is this coming Saturday.
    North Dakota State won the championship game 8 of 9 years, 2011-2019.

fcs-championship.jpg

2. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Usually College and Pro Football try to not step on each others toes. The Chief/Broncos (while not that interesting of a game), starts an hour and a half later. I wonder if they could get better ratings at another time. With the NFL moving into Saturday, prolly not I guess. Might have been good to move the pro games to maybe 3ish and 6ish.

3. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

I just wanna know who the genius is that decided national championship game on a Monday night at 8 o’clock, was a good idea.

4. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Somebody on the west coast. LOL.

5. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

Probably. They do the same thing for ncaa basketball, now that I think about it

6. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Well, think about Monday Night Football. On top of that, the people who attend have to get home from a (generally) crowded stadium.

Ya think ratings and money has anything to do with it? Because I don't. :o

7. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I think I'm gonna bite and watch this game. I'll make a brunch, put it on pause, and FF through all the BullS***. It'll probably be better than the Chiefs Broncos game. LOL

Never mind LOLOLOL. I thought it was 12 Pacific. It was 12 Eastern time. It's over. :funny:

EDIT: It looks like I might also be wrong about it being a better game than the Chiefs Broncs. :D

#607 InCali, Jan 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  8. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

GEORGIA!!! BULLDOGS!!! :D

:hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt:

Reek likes this.
  9. Reek _____

no words

10. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

Congrats, Georgia fans. This is your night !! :up:

11. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

12. Reek _____

13. signalman Registered

14. signalman Registered

15. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

16. sycamore Registered

I watched highlights from the Florida-Utah game this past weekend (I went to UF). What a tremendous game and what a tremendous atmosphere, it just showed you how great this game could possibly be.

But the sport really needs a playoff system. The seeding system is arbitrary and it leave a lot of fans of some of the lesser teams feeling left out. I just hope the NCAA adopts it some day.

17. signalman Registered

18. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

Notre Dame, A&M, Wisconsin all go down.

19. Immortalfire In the pale moonlight

Today was the absolute all time loudest game I have ever seen in Athens. My ears are still ringing

20. SuperSpideyGirl Registered

Shoutout to my Wolverines dominating at OSU today.

21. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

That was impressive, and not what I was expecting at all.

22. Ghostrider87 Registered

It was very entertaining that the Wolverines embarrassed the Buckeyes in Ohio State which is a huge statement win since Coach Harbaugh has an abysmal record vs Ohio State, and 2nd consecutive season that the Harbaugh Era Wolverines defeated their main hated rival the Buckeyes.
    I didn't see the Wolverines winning impressively like that if they did win that highly anticipated game in the horse Shoe.

Also pretty damn entertaining that Georgia Tech had the lead vs the Georgia Bulldogs because the Bulldogs made that game an embarrassment showing why a bad Georgia Tech team had no realistic chance of keeping the game close.

23. Ghostrider87 Registered

I'm very happy that my Cornhuskers defeated the Hawkeyes 24-17 in a game they could have found a way to lose in Iowa. It's the feel-great win for a rebuilding Cornhuskers team that has had an awful season.

I'm also very happy that my Huskies defeated the Cougars 51-33 to win the Apple Cup. The Huskies in year 1 of the DeBoer era had a terrific season since they won 10 of 12 games, they did defeat a great Ducks team in Oregon, also defeated a pretty good Beavers team that rallied to defeat the Ducks, and have a high scoring offense.

Also, I'm extremely happy the Volunteers greatly rebounded by shutting out the Commodores 56-0 in Nashville. The Commodores hugely fail to become bowl eligible because of that utter embarrassing loss to their main rival.
    I don't expect the Volunteers to make the 4 Team Playoffs because they got steamrolled by an unranked Gamecocks team which is a huge flaw that can't be overlooked.

Most likely Michigan, TCU, Georgia, and 1 other team which could be Southern California.

24. Ghostrider87 Registered

It was very unsurprising that Utah defeated Southern California since they have a great defense and good offensive players which Southern California couldn't contain.
    A highly embarrassing defeat for the Trojans vs the Utes because the Utes since the 2nd Quarter outscored them 44-7.
    The 2nd Quarter is when it went South for Southern California.

25. Ghostrider87 Registered

My predictions for 3 Conference Championship games.

The Horn Frogs defeat the Wildcats because the Horn Frogs make fewer mistakes, the Horn Frogs are a team of destiny, and the Marvelous Max has time to throw because of great blocking.

The Bulldogs outplay an outmatched LSU Tigers team becuase the LSU Tigers won't be able to get pressure on Bennett, and the great Bulldogs defense makes it a very challenging day for Tigers QB Daniels by pressuring him and sacking him.

The Wolverines defeat the BoilerMakers in a thrilling close game because the BoilerMakers can't contain the big plays by the Wolverines, and the Wolverines win the turnover battle.