The Ultimate DC/Marvel Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I didn't make my choice clear earlier...

Spidey.

7-7 TIE

As usual, when we have a tie, I bring in our impartial Judge & Executioner, Dread.

Dread said:
Hmm. Well, all things being equal, Aquaman would have the advantage of physical strength, speed, and stamina and his telepathy, which can work on other beings besides ocean creatures. Spider-Man knows New York well, and his spider-sense might make up some slack for being slower than Aquaman. Arthur is probably a better fighter overall, but Spider-Man has beaten quite a warrior enemies. On the other hand, in NYC, exposure to a water hydrant or the sewer to replenish Aquaman in a brawl isn't unlikely. It also should be noted that many of Spider-Man's victories over overpowered enemies came after some sort of dues ex machina; time to prepare some solution or serum, a conveniently placed wet cement foundation, etc. Most people even attribute the symbiote costume for his "punch and repeat" defeat of Fire-Lord way back. That or bad writing.

Barring such plot-centric breaks, I think Spider-Man would last longer against Aquaman than he should, but the most he should hope for is a draw, go the distance style. Aquaman doesn't have the rep, but he's no pushover. It also depends on how tough his webbing is, which is also dependent on the writer; in some eras, it was a struggle for even super-tough enemies to escape from, but since the 90's, it seems anyone above peak human can rip it easily. I just don't think Spider-Man can overcome the power gap without a retreat or some sort of convenient thing in the area. Draw or Aquaman victory, eventually.

In a long, drawn out, and extremely cool battle, the King of the Sea manages to defeat New York's Finest, Spider-Man 8-7.

darkclaw.jpg

Dark Claw

VS

deadpool94.jpg

Deadpool

I guess in theory Dark Claw should be able to take DP since he's supposed to be as smart as Batman. Deadpool's great and all, but Batman tends to come up with innovative solutions, and the Wolverine side of Dark Claw should keep him alive against DP long enough to do so.

Dark Claw.

The fact that he's an amalgam of the two most overrated characters in comicdom is the reason why I'm going with the underdog.

How Deadpool can be an 'underdog' against almost anyone below Iron Man level is beyond me.

2-1 Dark Claw

How Deadpool can be an 'underdog' against almost anyone below Iron Man level is beyond me.

2-1 Dark Claw
Both Batman and Wolverine have the advantage of popularity on their side, so they're routinely written way more tough than their powers/skills suggest they would be. Pretty much anyone would be an underdog against an amalgam of the two.

Don't waste your time. Common sense is a foreign language to Gen. :o

Ummm..I'll go with Dark Claw due to the intellect factor as well...since I missed the DP/Wolvie matchup earlier..(where I would probably have gone with Wade,btw), I think in this particular cirucumstance he would be able to get the win...

Hmm so this Dark Claw is a mix of Batman and Wolverine?

I think Deadpool could take this in the end. His healing factor and everything is better than Wolverines.

Depends if there is "prep time" I suppose :D

As an amalgam of the two Dark Claw should also have the combined hubris and posturing of both.

**** Dark Claw. He's not just Batman + Wolverine. He's more like Batman/2 * Wolverine^5

Deadpool wins.

Don't waste your time. Common sense is a foreign language to Gen. :o

In the same manner intelligence and witticism is foreign to you.:o

I'll go with Dark Claw on this one, Logans' adamantium skeleton and claws, strength, durability, reflexes, senses, healing factor, and a beserker rage and centuries of experience honed to a razor's edge by Batman's intelligence and tactics?:wow:

And Wade's going to top that? In a word: NO.

Dark Claw

4-3 Deadpool

In the same manner intelligence and witticism is foreign to you.:o

I'll go with Dark Claw on this one, Logans' adamantium skeleton and claws, strength, durability, reflexes, senses, healing factor, and a beserker rage and centuries of experience honed to a razor's edge by Batman's intelligence and tactics?:wow:

And Wade's going to top that? In a word: NO.

Dark Claw

4-3 Deadpool

Wade's healing factor, stamina and agility is better than Wolverines though.

And the Batman factor is cheating, he always wins fights he has no right winning. :oldrazz:

A Wolverine/Batman mix character is just the ultimate comic book cheat.

To some extent intelligence and logic get countered by insanity and unpredictability...

One of the main reason why Batman gets Joker so often, IMO, is because I think Joker actually WANTS to do his thing in front of Bats face...

I don't see this as being THAT different from Deadpool/Wolverine because the X-Factor is still "How crazy is Deadpool and how will that effect things?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"