The Ultimate DC RPG - Season III: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Looking forward to this season. :woot: Now bring on the IC thread...please:huh:

Wake me up when we're good to go.

tumblr_luf5p7wfnj1qebmkpo1_r1_400.gif

It looks like he's passed out cold from a night of heavy drinking.

Is that your Season III arc for Supes? :wow:

I have no idea what you're talking about...
1238408638_superman_drinking_.gif

Just a heads up for the JLA, do we still want to start the season off with a quick meeting? Just to touch base and I guess approve Hal's membership in the group. I guess Batman isn't coming. :csad:

Just a heads up for the JLA, do we still want to start the season off with a quick meeting? Just to touch base and I guess approve Hal's membership in the group. I guess Batman isn't coming. :csad:

I think a touch base meeting is a good idea.

Works for me. Superman's gonna have a super hangover.

6332727232_86ae1eff7a.jpg

Just created a logo for the Penguin..I'll be putting up a post soon...using this as a place to store it for the time being.

I don't know if you made that that way on purpose, but if you'd like I could make the background 100% the same color for you.

I don't know if you made that that way on purpose, but if you'd like I could make the background 100% the same color for you.

Sure go ahead...thank you. I'm doing this while at work...so I am somewhat limited by what I can do and how long I can work on this...and I've been so jacked-up about Season 3.

Right. Deleted my first IC post as I suddenly realized what I wanted to do with Wotan isn't that interesting. I'll have another app up over the weekend.

Booo! How dare you drop one of my favorite ****ing characters after one post! :cmad:

You do not do that to Wonton! :cmad:

Just for that, I'm going to pick up Bizarro-Nygma and kill you! :cmad:

You fool, Bizzaro-Nygma is the Riddler!

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Lucas Trent/ Midnighter

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

.Powers and physical attributes:
Lucas is a human with artificial enhancements. Each improvement gives him an array of abilities. Enhanced strength, speed, durability, coordination, reflexes, hearing, vision, and healing. Another abilities would be his tactical senses. Which allows him to detect any modifications or powers in anyone he looks at, as well as how they work so he can defeat them. He can detect what special abilities a opponent has. Out of all these abilities his most important is his battle Precongnition. Which gives him the ability to predict how a battle will happen before it begins. One of the upgrades include a fighting implant that has a combat computer that allows Lucas to run through a given combat situation millions of times in his mind, almost instantly covering nearly every possible result before the first punch is even thrown. He can use this information to predict the actions and reactions of his opponents, countering their moves almost before they can even think to make them. It also works by letting him see the outcome of the battle he wants and working backwards following the right steps to get there.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):
Lucas Trent is the son of Henry and Lela Trent, one of the brightest scientist for the US government. Lucas mother and father were known for developing mobile weapons that was operated through a combination of manual controls and cybernetic uplink. Their success left Lucas born with a sliver spoon in his mouth never needing for anything, but the love from his parents. Due to their busy schedules Lucas didn’t have a long time to get to know his mother before she was taken by cancer.

After the lost of his wife Henry Trent dropped his projects for the government to be a professor in order to spend more time with his son to make up for the void left in both of their hearts.

Even with just the love of his father, Lucas still seemed to be empty so while growing up he did any activity he could to find something to fill the gap in his chest. In high school he was on the chest team and also the debate team along with the football team. He graduated with high honors ahead of his class. Even with all these feats he didn’t find his true calling till the night he met true tragedy.

One night on his way home from a party with friends he heard the screams of a woman in danger. Most people would run in the opposite direction and call the authorities for help but Lucas had a different plan in mind. He fallowed the woman’s cry for help and came on the scene of a man trying to rape a helpless female. Without thinking he jumped on the unsavory character to rescue the woman. He and the man wrestled for a bit till Lucas finally ended up the victor. As the woman made her exit Lucas watched her with a sense of joy knowing she will be able to make it home to her love ones. While detracted he had heard a loud exploding sound as if someone fired a firecracker next to his ear. Lucas brought his attention down to his chest only to see a blood spot on his shirt expanding by the second. He then heard the same noise five more times. He dropped down to his knees as it finally had process he had been shot multiple times. He fell face first to the ground motionless in a pool of his own blood.

Someone in the area heard the gun shots and called 911, lucky for Lucas the ambulance made it before be bleed to death. When Lucas father made it to the hospital he was approached with bad news. Henry was informed that there was nothing left they could do for his son. This was the last thing he wanted to hear so he made some calls and pulled some favors from some friends he still had in the government. With the help of his friends Henry was able to do what the doctors couldn’t and that was save his son and it was all thanks to him and his wife’s research.

72 hours later Lucas had finally opened his eyes. Henry couldn’t have been happier to see his son finally awoke better than ever. When his son asked him what happened Henry lied to his son telling him that the doctors were able to save his life. He didn’t feel it was the correct time to tell him that he is no longer an average teenager.

Later after recovering Lucas began seeing his life in a different light. Things that used to give him joy seemed to night make sense to him any more and he didn’t know where this feeling came from. He went on a date with one of his friends from school. On the date he found out that the woman that he had got shot for was killed. He couldn’t believe it and had to find out what happened to her himself. That night he went to the lady apartment and while there he saw her killer, who to his surprise was the same man who left him laying his a pool of his own blood. He engaged his attacker and to his shock something amazing happened. He was able to take his aggressor down with little effort. He was able to predict the outcome before it happened.

Lucas went home that night and told his father what happened and that’s when he learned the truth about his recovery. His father told him about his mother’s research and told him the address of the warehouse that had everything his mother left behind. Lucas went to the warehouse and what he founded changed his life forever. The void that he had been feeling for so long began to fade as he finally realize what his calling was. Thanks to the all the military projects Lucas’s mother had work on and left in the warehouse he was left with a arsenal of weapons and armor which he can use to fight crime. But with all this he knew that he wouldn’t be able to do this alone so he found his friend Lonnie Machin. With his help they together protect the streets of Bludhaven.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Well i really liked what i started with the character. I feel that i still have alot more to do with him. His story has only begun and i have plans for a good arc for him to really embrace the word hero.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it beUltimate?: This version of Midnighter is a teenager and his back story is a lot different from the original.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Well i believe if i take my time like i did in the beginning I can come up with good stories and another hero and another rpger into the fold.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Lucas walks over to the window looking outside on to the city. That night when he got shot he didn’t think he would ever see the view in front of his eyes ever again. That night will be something he will never forget. For the first time in a long time he felt as if the thing he was missing all along had been found. The downside to it is it almost cost him his life. He feels a tad disappointed to know he had a taste of something special only to give it up. For the first time in a long time Lucas feels as if he is back to step one.
As Lucas contemplates about his future his father makes his way to his son’s side.

“Lovely view huh son?” The view was more than lovely but with his son now alive and at home it made it that much better.

“Yea dad it is. It really helps me see this city for what it really is and that is an illusion.”

“Illusion? What do you mean?”

“Those bright lights and big buildings is nothing more than a front for what this city really is and that’s corrupt, when night falls on the city the crooked rules with no compassion. The sad thing is the police is just as corrupted as the criminals they throw in jail. These wrongdoers must know that their actions will no longer be tolerated. At this moment I don’t know how but I will bring justice to the injustice.”

Henry stood in astonishment by his son’s words. His son has no clue to what change he can now make thanks to his parents research. His father made the choice to not tell his son about his now enhanced abilities. The last thing he wants is for his son to end up how he did that night. But a strong feeling tells him it won't be long till his son finds out what has now happened to him. Once that moment comes Henry can only be there to support his son when he is needed.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):
mn105.jpg

Hey is Lex going to be in this season? Because geneally Giganta/Doris is her assistant/bodygurad...if Andy C isn't going to be using him then I will consider dropping her for Lex. If he is going to use Lex then I will not worry about it.

I'm planning on using Lex later in the season, to follow up on his big schemes with Brainiac. I just went with Savage early on because I didn't want to spend the first half of the season twiddling my thumbs.

I'm planning on using Lex later in the season, to follow up on his big schemes with Brainiac. I just went with Savage early on because I didn't want to spend the first half of the season twiddling my thumbs.

Fair enough. No problem.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm not really sure how to respond with the JLA situation right now.

I was under the impression that we were going to have an actual real meeting for the team and open up an official discussion of membership. But if we start heading out right this moment with a plan of action to fight the Legion of Doom, it pretty much immediately derails the idea of calmly sitting down to have a meeting and talk about League membership candidates, as was planned. I don't want to say "nah, those villains aren't going anywhere. Let's talk about that Green Lantern guy." And I also don't want to put the membership plans for the story on the backburner.

I'll support it if any other League members want to chime in, but right now, I got nothing.

Well that's easy enough:

The League starts thinking of people to bring in as reinforcements to fight the Legion.

Yeah, just somebody POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST :cmad:

Well that's easy enough:

The League starts thinking of people to bring in as reinforcements to fight the Legion.

WINNER! And then we make a public statement of some kind to reassure the people who just saw the massacre with the full league membership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"