The Ultimate DC RPG - Season III: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Couldn't resist sneaking a Thanksgiving post in.

Happy Turkey Day for our American writers. :awesome:

The day in which we celebrate tricking the godless savages into showing us how to survive in America. But we did them the favor of waiting until that Monday to begin our campaign of warfare and genocide on them and all they stood for.

Goddamn, do I love being an American. :heart::heart:

Hey gotta couple of questions:

1)I'm thinking of moving The Atom away from the U-N assignment in the next post, and from there having her go on the Sword of The Atom arc, and just have her decide to leave the League and go on vacation is wrong. So i've got an idea on how to get her going on this arc. It's something that I've been planning since mid-season 2, and I'm pretty well ready to move forward with it. This arc is something that will get her out of the "wide-eyed" and feeling like a 2nd tier hero into a state of being a more assertive hero.

2) I still plan on using Giganta this year, however a lot of her is tied to Lex. So I was wondering if it would be possible for Lex to re-assign her to being his liasion/represenative to the Legion Of Doom?

Are you asking us permission to do a solo arc?

**** is wrong with you, man?! :cmad:

Are you asking us permission to do a solo arc?

**** is wrong with you, man?! :cmad:

I just wanted to make sure I didn't step on any toes or anything like that. I have a lot of respect for the opinions of the people in our RPGS...and you all are some amazing people to play alongside. You all make these RPGS worth the while.

This arc isn't going to have characters with any connection to the DC Universe. Rhiannon/Atom is going to meet people from another universe/dimension...and once she is done with that arc she will never see them again...(so I don't have to worry about bunnying any potential characters that others may apply for)...this is basically "Rhiannon in Wonderland"

I'll be getting something in the IC thread very soon.

I just wanted to make sure I didn't step on any toes or anything like that. I have a lot of respect for the opinions of the people in our RPGS...and you all are some amazing people to play alongside. You all make these RPGS worth the while.

This arc isn't going to have characters with any connection to the DC Universe. Rhiannon/Atom is going to meet people from another universe/dimension...and once she is done with that arc she will never see them again...(so I don't have to worry about bunnying any potential characters that others may apply for)...this is basically "Rhiannon in Wonderland"

I'll be getting something in the IC thread very soon.

Yeah, that sounds fine by me.

And thanks for the buttkissing.

I didn't say stop. :cmad:

Yeah, that sounds fine by me.

And thanks for the buttkissing.

I didn't say stop. :cmad:

Fine...you are a powerful player...if the Producers of "The flash" TV series had followed your interpretation of the character it would've been on longer than "Law & Order." :yay:

Because I'm totally not ripping off wieg and Carnage from the other RPG's by doing this...

10 Days - November 19th

Boy Blue - Carnage27 - 19th
Bane - Spike_x1 - 16th
Supergirl - Supergirl - 10th
Vandal Savage - Andy C. - 10th

30 Days - October 29th

N/A

No Posts

Aquaman - Batman
(Deadline: 12-10-11)

Pending Roster Removals

Wotan - SenseiofCheese - Villains

Pending Roster Additions

Midnighter - Mr. Majestic - Heroes
Sinestro - Carnage27 - Walking The Line

I thought Sensei already withdrew Wotan.

With that, my run with Nygma has drawn to a close. It's been a hell of a ride. Big thanks to MB, Spike, EBJ, Catman, and Syn, for all the good memories. He'll go down as one of, if not my absolute favorite character I ever RPed. :up:

And to take Nygma's place.

Captain Jonah Hex, GCPD :awesome:

Gotcha!
Or did I!

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Jonah Hex

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: WTL

.Powers and physical attributes: No powers, but Hex is an expert tracker and hunter, as well as an excellent shot with guns.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):

Jonah Hex was born in 1980 and abandoned as a newborn at the Black Cherry Indian Reservation in New Mexico. All that as known about the baby was the name pinned to his diaper: Jonah Hex. He was taken in by a local family. Hex was a favorite of the family's patriarch and reservation chief, Thomas Eagle Feather. Eagle Feather taught Hex how to hunt, shoot, and track a wide variety of animals.

While Hex lived with the Eagle Feather family, the Black Cherry Reservation was slowly withering away around them. The poor Native Americans who lived there were leaving their once proud homeland to seek jobs elsewhere, those that stayed behind were old men and drunks. Thomas Eagle Feather, seeing his beloved reservation crumbling, succumbed to alcoholism and became a violent abuser as the years went on. When Hex turned 18, he left the reservation never to return.

Unable to find work off the reservation, Hex joined the Army. Despite his disabilities, his eyesight in his one good eye was perfect, easily making up for his blind right eye. Hex served as a corporal in the Army, under Company CO Jack Turnbull. After 9/11, Hex's regiment was dispatched to Afghanistan. While there in 2005, Hex stumbled upon Turnbull raping and torturing a young Afghan girl. Hex and Turnbull fought, with Turnbull permanently disfiguring Hex in the fight. Using his assault rifle, Hex shot the man dead. He lied about the circumstances of Turnbull's death, saying the Afghan girl killed Turnbull with his own gun while he watched. Hex was dishonorably discharged from the Army and came back to America, unsure of what to do and where to go.

It was while he was in Kentucky, drowning his troubles into a bottle that he found the answer. He was at a bar one night when he saw a man arrested by a bounty hunter. After a lot of thought and consideration, Hex went about applying for a bounty hunter's license.

Now, six years later, Hex roams across the country on his motorcycle, seeking out only the highest risk and highest paying bounties. His name has become feared among those wanted by authorities, because they know that sooner or later, Hex will find them.

.The burning question - Why this character?:
I've always enjoyed Jonah Hex. I just had this idea at the end of last seasn and I started working it out in my head. I just want to try and tell a story that I like with a character I like.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?:
For starters, Hex is operating in the 21st century. The man is the same, just the background has changed around him. I want to tell a modern day western. I also want to try and bring in some of the other DC Western characters and do a new version of the classic Hex storyline featuring Turnbull.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: A good RPer with a love of westerns and maybe a good story.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Coast City, California

The dive bar seems to come to a halt as I walk through the door. Twelve people, twenty-four angry eyes all on me. The bar is filled with what you would expect: tattooed gang-bangers, smokehounds who have long since traded any kind of brains they may have had for the bottle, and then there's him.

I walk through the bar and sit down at the poker table where he's playing five-card draw with a fat Latino who has gang tats on his chubby arms.

"Come in and ante up," he says, still looking down at the cards. "I gotta tell you, I am hot to..." He trails off as soon as he looks up and sees my face.

"Problem?"

"Yeah...you're face. What happened to it?"

"I don't think you're in a position to talk about my face, Chato."

His face goes to stone and he stares at me impassively.

"Remind me again, how do I know you?"

"You don't, but I know you. Chato Santana, wanted on at least six counts of drug trafficking, malicious mayhem, and assault with a deadly weapon. Oh, and let's not forget jumping your bail."

The whole room is so tense, I can feel everyone looking at us, looking at me is more like it. Any sudden moves, and I'm dead.

"You know, you gotta lot of balls coming in here, pendejo. I'll give you that. So, you a cop or just some pathetic idiot who gets his kicks by pretending to be one of those stupid ass superheroes?"

"Bounty hunter, Chato, I'm a bounty hunter. You're coming with me."

From behind my back, I hear what sounds like six or seven guns having their triggers pulled back.

"What makes you think I'll go along? I got my boys with me."

I motion under the table and be bends down to look.

"Well, you either come with me...."

He sees the big revolver in my right hand under the table, pointed at his crotch

"...or I'll make sure that the two boys you're most attached to are no longer 'with you' if you understand me."

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

1r57q8.png

Who's the good RP'er you're bringing? Is it wieg? We could use him.

That guy Green Lantern. He used to be a good one.

Captain Jonah Hex, GCPD :awesome:

Gotcha!
Or did I!

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Jonah Hex

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: WTL

.Powers and physical attributes: No powers, but Hex is an expert tracker and hunter, as well as an excellent shot with guns.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):

Jonah Hex was born in 1980 and abandoned as a newborn at the Black Cherry Indian Reservation in New Mexico. All that as known about the baby was the name pinned to his diaper: Jonah Hex. He was taken in by a local family. Hex was a favorite of the family's patriarch and reservation chief, Thomas Eagle Feather. Eagle Feather taught Hex how to hunt, shoot, and track a wide variety of animals.

While Hex lived with the Eagle Feather family, the Black Cherry Reservation was slowly withering away around them. The poor Native Americans who lived there were leaving their once proud homeland to seek jobs elsewhere, those that stayed behind were old men and drunks. Thomas Eagle Feather, seeing his beloved reservation crumbling, succumbed to alcoholism and became a violent abuser as the years went on. When Hex turned 18, he left the reservation never to return.

Unable to find work off the reservation, Hex joined the Army. Despite his disabilities, his eyesight in his one good eye was perfect, easily making up for his blind right eye. Hex served as a corporal in the Army, under Company CO Jack Turnbull. After 9/11, Hex's regiment was dispatched to Afghanistan. While there in 2005, Hex stumbled upon Turnbull raping and torturing a young Afghan girl. Hex and Turnbull fought, with Turnbull permanently disfiguring Hex in the fight. Using his assault rifle, Hex shot the man dead. He lied about the circumstances of Turnbull's death, saying the Afghan girl killed Turnbull with his own gun while he watched. Hex was dishonorably discharged from the Army and came back to America, unsure of what to do and where to go.

It was while he was in Kentucky, drowning his troubles into a bottle that he found the answer. He was at a bar one night when he saw a man arrested by a bounty hunter. After a lot of thought and consideration, Hex went about applying for a bounty hunter's license.

Now, six years later, Hex roams across the country on his motorcycle, seeking out only the highest risk and highest paying bounties. His name has become feared among those wanted by authorities, because they know that sooner or later, Hex will find them.

.The burning question - Why this character?:
I've always enjoyed Jonah Hex. I just had this idea at the end of last seasn and I started working it out in my head. I just want to try and tell a story that I like with a character I like.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?:
For starters, Hex is operating in the 21st century. The man is the same, just the background has changed around him. I want to tell a modern day western. I also want to try and bring in some of the other DC Western characters and do a new version of the classic Hex storyline featuring Turnbull.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: A good RPer with a love of westerns and maybe a good story.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Coast City, California

The dive bar seems to come to a halt as I walk through the door. Twelve people, twenty-four angry eyes all on me. The bar is filled with what you would expect: tattooed gang-bangers, smokehounds who have long since traded any kind of brains they may have had for the bottle, and then there's him.

I walk through the bar and sit down at the poker table where he's playing five-card draw with a fat Latino who has gang tats on his chubby arms.

"Come in and ante up," he says, still looking down at the cards. "I gotta tell you, I am hot to..." He trails off as soon as he looks up and sees my face.

"Problem?"

"Yeah...you're face. What happened to it?"

"I don't think you're in a position to talk about my face, Chato."

His face goes to stone and he stares at me impassively.

"Remind me again, how do I know you?"

"You don't, but I know you. Chato Santana, wanted on at least six counts of drug trafficking, malicious mayhem, and assault with a deadly weapon. Oh, and let's not forget jumping your bail."

The whole room is so tense, I can feel everyone looking at us, looking at me is more like it. Any sudden moves, and I'm dead.

"You know, you gotta lot of balls coming in here, pendejo. I'll give you that. So, you a cop or just some pathetic idiot who gets his kicks by pretending to be one of those stupid ass superheroes?"

"Bounty hunter, Chato, I'm a bounty hunter. You're coming with me."

From behind my back, I hear what sounds like six or seven guns having their triggers pulled back.

"What makes you think I'll go along? I got my boys with me."

I motion under the table and be bends down to look.

"Well, you either come with me...."

He sees the big revolver in my right hand under the table, pointed at his crotch

"...or I'll make sure that the two boys you're most attached to are no longer 'with you' if you understand me."

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

1r57q8.png

DENIED!

Now you know how I feel! You cheated The Riddler from me! :cmad:

With that, my run with Nygma has drawn to a close. It's been a hell of a ride. Big thanks to MB, Spike, EBJ, Catman, and Syn, for all the good memories. He'll go down as one of, if not my absolute favorite character I ever RPed. :up:

It was one helluva run you had with him...it was never boring I can tell ya that. :word:

Now to drop Wonder Woman and play Nygma as a drooling invalid who only gets through the day by doing crosswords and sudoku. And has an affection for bowler hats.

Now to drop Wonder Woman and play Nygma as a drooling invalid who only gets through the day by doing crosswords and sudoku. And has an affection for bowler hats.

I was gonna apply for him using that set-up! :cmad: So much for that now! :doh:

Any of you ****ing purist who want a "traditional" Riddler, good luck writing yourself out of that corner, ********s! :cmad:

Any of you ****ing purist who want a "traditional" Riddler, good luck writing yourself out of that corner, ********s! :cmad:

You sure you wanna throw that gauntlet down, Byrdie old boy? Because I like me a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"