The Ultimate DC RPG - Season III: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Sure, as long as you let me pick up Uncle Ben in OE.

One minor quibble with your last post, MST... Gotham's current Mayor was established as Rupert Thorne.

Other than that, I'm digging your stuff so far with Cobblepot. :up: I'm gonna make sure to have your bid for Bruce's company be responded to in some way.

One minor quibble with your last post, MST... Gotham's current Mayor was established as Rupert Thorne.

Other than that, I'm digging your stuff so far with Cobblepot. :up: I'm gonna make sure to have your bid for Bruce's company be responded to in some way.

Oh my bad...not a problem. :doh:

Thanks for the thumbs up...I'm lovin' your Wayne storyline...I can tell this journey for Wayne is gonna be some good storytelling.

In terms of a bid...that's still a little ways down the road...right now he is just lining things up to make it...somewhat...difficult for Wayne to fight back.

Heads-up to the other Leaguers: as per my last WW post, Vandal Savage is going to be hiring tons of other villains to hunt the Justice League. I don't have a specific list or anything, but if you want to have people start jumping your guys, go for it--I figure this can let you guys do your own thing while still keeping the Legion as a constant threat.

Heads-up to the other Leaguers: as per my last WW post, Vandal Savage is going to be hiring tons of other villains to hunt the Justice League. I don't have a specific list or anything, but if you want to have people start jumping your guys, go for it--I figure this can let you guys do your own thing while still keeping the Legion as a constant threat.

Sounds good to me! The "Sword of Atom" arc is down to it's concluding post.

Sorry if at times it was long-winded (I didn't want the arc to go all-season so I did a lot in each posts) and didn't make a lot of sense for her, but this experience is going to have a maturing effect on Rhiannon.

She is no longer going to feel like because she is only 6 inches most of the time that she is some kind of freak or she has to prove herself, but that she is now an equal with her JL members.

Sorry I've pretty much been missing for the last couple weeks. Classes have ended for the semester and I have one more essay to write up before exams next week. Meanwhile, I should finally have more than an hour of downtime at once after tonight to catch up on what I've missed.

And "The Sword of the Atom" arc has come to a close. Thank you all for indulging me on this, and yes for a while I was thinking of having this be Atom's farewell but...I can't do it. I've played this character for so long now...I just couldn't do it.

In terms of the Legion of Doom...Atom told J'onn what she discovered in terms of how the Boom-tube works and that she believes the driving force behind the Legion is alien...nothing about her adventure...that is for later.

Atom will soon have to deal with a Super-Villain chasing her down to get her back into the swing of things.

Again Thanks.

Detouring from your regularly schedule SB arc to join in a little Legion of Doom fun. I know he's not Justice League, but since he participated in the Starro group and is a public known figure it seemed to make sense he'd be a target. To get at Superman if nothing else.

In case anyone's curious, here's the original image of Superboy (Kon) vs. Pyra that I adapted for the post.

1094700-pyra01.jpg

Hey guys, I'm thinking of signing up as Ultimate Azrael, who would be present in Gotham. Would anyone have a problem with that, considering both meticulously laid plans and my habit of disappearing on you folks? My intention is that with an active role that I can do lots with I'll be able to stick with it and avoid letting you down again.

You son of a ***** :cmad:

Uhh, let's see, I think Azrael was part of Joker's circus and then scattered for parts unknown after the circus broke up. Makes sense he'd still be in town, but I'm not too sure how much JB and MB delved into his backstory.

I might be getting ready to drop one of my characters and letting her become an NPC so that I can pick another one.

I think Giganta has gone on long enough...I am considering submitting an app for yet another villain one that hasn't been played in the Ultimate Universe...I'm thinking ...[BLACKOUT]Grodd[/BLACKOUT]

Still need to workout some more of his back story and if I can work it out then...yeah I'll give it a shot. :word:

Last edited:
I was actually going to introduce him this season with Flash. Let me know what you got planned and we can work something out.

I was actually going to introduce him this season with Flash. Let me know what you got planned and we can work something out.

Sounds good to me...I'll get something to you in the next 24 hours.

.Character you wish to portray: Grodd

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Villain

.Powers and physical attributes: Grodd has incredible strength more than the average gorilla. He also has genius level intelligence and psionic abilities. Among those abilities force beams and telekinesis and mind control.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Grodd is part of an advanced alien race called the Reslars whose home planet was destroyed after years of interstellar war. The Reslars landed in secret on Earth and vowed that they would not pursue war on their new home and renounced their violent ways. However they viewed humans too intellectually immature and crude in their relationships to each other, so they felt it best hide in plain sight by transferring their consciousness into that of gorillas. They would maintain their intelligence and psionic powers but that would be all, and they would stay hidden until they felt the humans were ready to be in relationship with them. One gorilla was not ready to give up his violent ways: Grodd. He felt the humans were perfect to be dominated and that they should rule this planet. Grodd tried many times to rally others to his cause, but none would follow him. The Council tried many times to reform Grodd but all attempts failed. Finally they exiled Grodd into the wild and erased his memory of Gorilla City and took away his intellect and powers. Grodd lived among the other Gorillas in the jungle until he was captured and taken to Star-Labs in Central City and used for experiments. His handlers name him Abraham and he is very docile. Every now and then though Grodd would have flashes in his memory of Gorilla City and his former self. Until one visit from Brainiac changed everything….(Sample post will pick up there.)

.The burning question - Why this character?: He has never been played in the Ultimate Universe, and he is interesting character with some interesting issues that can make for some good RPGing.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Grodd is an alien and not 100% gorilla. While he does hate humanity he doesn’t hate all of it he has a respect for Luthor, Savage, and other members of the Legion of Doom. He has a genuine hatred for The Flash for reasons other than just because he’s a human.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Been here since the start and I like to believe I’ve brought more positives to this RPG than negatives.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

The cage cleaner Tim Jenkins comes into the cage. Tim begins to taunt him as he always does.

Tim says, “Come on Abraham! Show me what you got! Come on super ape! BOO!”

He laughs as he says, “Super ape? Yeah right! Scary Ape is more like it!”

Abraham covers up and cowers as Tim cleans the cage and leaves.

Abraham looks at a drawing of an advanced city and he hears a voice in his head, “It is an impressive achievement in technology.”

Abraham shakes his head. He hears someone but can’t see them. The voice continues, “Do not worry I am inside your head it is the only way I can communicate with you. My name is Brainiac and I want to help you.”

Brainiac says, “Do you feel that you were meant for something greater? That this is not the life you were born into?”

Abraham nods his head slowly and Brainiac says, “I can help you with all of those issues and so much more. I can even help you get back to where you belong to rule. However you must help me as well.”

Brainiac says, “I will restore your intellect and abilities, but you will have no true memories of Gorilla City for now. That will come once the Justice League has been vanquished and humanity is under the control of the Legion of Doom. You will be loyal to the Legion and in no way harm them though they are humans; most of them. You will feel a bond with them and want to serve alongside them. Any attempt to harm them and I will destroy your intellect and take away your powers. Do we have a deal?”

Abraham nods slowly and Brainiac says, “Very well rise now then Gorilla Grodd, and begin your conquest.”

Grodd begins to convulse and then suddenly stops. He opens his eyes and he squints in anger.

Just then Tim re-enters the cage throwing a barrel of food and says, “Hey scary ape here’s your supper!”

Grodd rises with a look of anger and growls very low.

Tim says, “Hey Abraham what gives?”

Grodd says, “Abraham is gone you foolish bag of flesh! I am Grodd!”

Tim says, “Hey you can talk!?!?”

Grodd uses his speed and jumps in front of the door and says, “Of course I can fool!”

Tim says, “Hey I was just kidding! Come on now you’re an ape you’re supposed to take these with a grain of salt!”

Grodd knocks Tim across the cage and says, “Ha ha. I fail to see the humor in you, but I see it as a whole in your species!”

Tim is now cowering as Grodd approaches and asks, “What do you want from me? An apology!”

Grodd replies, “No I don’t want an apology from you. I want one thing from you.”

Tim asks, “What’s that?”

Grodd gets in his face and growls, “To die!”

Grodd then procceds to pummel Tim to death and uses Tim’s key-card to escape.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

Groddbolland.PNG

Quick heads-up, MST: Luthor and Brainiac are running the Society, but don't have any say in what the Legion of Doom does. The Legion is an offshoot run by Vandal Savage to distract the JLA from Luthor's plans.

Unless you mean Brainiac's getting Grodd to join the Legion as a mole so he and Luthor can keep tabs on Savage.

Quick heads-up, MST: Luthor and Brainiac are running the Society, but don't have any say in what the Legion of Doom does. The Legion is an offshoot run by Vandal Savage to distract the JLA from Luthor's plans.

Unless you mean Brainiac's getting Grodd to join the Legion as a mole so he and Luthor can keep tabs on Savage.

I think it'll be case of him being a mole, because even with Giganta spying on Savage Luthor wants to make double sure he knows what Savage is up to.

I'll have a Grodd post up in the next couple of days (He should be fun thanks for approval!) and a Penguin one up as well...and then I'll be on vacation starting next week...so I want to get to a point where I can leave the characters and not worry about them interfering with other arcs or leaving them between a rock and a hard place (Hence The reason Atom is going to take some down time now).

Bounce, you ***hole, that was an excellent post :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"