The Ultimate Frank Miller's "300" Thread (for pics, news, trailers, everything)

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Darth Elektra, Dec 22, 2005.

1. HighVoltage Registered

I Hate This Movie.

2. MaskedManJRK Registered

You're a very moronic individual. :down:o

3. The Phantom Dredknight

Chill out bro. No need for the hostility [​IMG]. But you've got a point, I haven't read the book, but by the comparisons of the movie to the comic, it appears to be pretty darn faithful.

4. HighVoltage Registered

So a Graphic Novel is more easy to adapt into a movie than a ComicBook?:confused::confused:

5. Scooter Registered

What's it about? Could someone give me a brief synopsis?

6. Aquarius Guest

They are supposed to have some video logs soon and some other cool stuff. Gotta say -- this looks fantastic!

7. The Phantom Dredknight

1) Did I say that? No.
    2) Now that you bring it up, yes. A comic wouldn't hold enough content to really sustain a movie in my opinion. A graphic novel has story arcs, multiple characters, and the like which would make it easer to be more faithful to in a movie.

8. Joined:
    Oct 18, 2005
    Yea,its sorta like Troy.

Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, 300 is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in the sand for democracy. The film brings Miller’s (Sin City) acclaimed graphic novel to life by combining live action with virtual backgrounds that capture his distinct vision of this ancient historic tale.

Warner Bros. Pictures Presents in Association with Legendary Pictures and Virtual Studios, a Mark Canton / Gianni Nunnari Production, 300. Directed by Zack Snyder (Dawn of the Dead), the film stars Gerard Butler (Phantom of the Opera), Lena Headey (The Brothers Grimm), David Wenham (The Lord of the Rings trilogy), Vincent Regan (Troy), Rodrigo Santoro (Love Actually) and Dominic West (The Forgotten). Gianni Nunnari (The Departed), Mark Canton, Bernie Goldmann (Land of the Dead) and Jeffrey Silver (Training Day) are the producers. Snyder and Kurt Johnstad adapted the graphic novel by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley, with a previous draft of the script by Michael Gordon. The executive producers are Frank Miller, Deborah Snyder, Craig J. Flores, Thomas Tull, William Fay and Benjamin Waisbren. The creative behind-the-scenes team is led by director of photography Larry Fong, production designer James Bissell, editor Bill Hoy and costume designer Michael Wilkinson. Music is by Tyler Bates.

The best and easiest way is to put it like this, 300 guys fight to the death agianst a much bigger army.

9. Joined:
    Oct 18, 2005
    I couldnt aggree with you more! And this film looks quite epic.

10. Aquarius Guest

The production site looks awesome! Big budget, great effects, cool graphics novel-to-script, buff looking actors (Gerard Butler as King Leonidas looks fantastic!), and a big studio behind it.

I'm going to keeping check on Zack's site -- I hear it had over 6000 hits the first day it opened.

11. Antonello Blueberry Inglorious bastard

The first video blog is really impressive. Too bad I couldn't save it. Did anyone get the link to the real video?

12. superkong 500 Registered

Okay guys go to the official site the first producion diary is up. And it is pretty cool.

13. Antonello Blueberry Inglorious bastard

14. Hoedowned Registered

Try 'Save as'.

15. Antonello Blueberry Inglorious bastard

It only saves a 4kb file. At least to me. Hope it works for you.

16. Hoedowned Registered

17. Antonello Blueberry Inglorious bastard

18. Hoedowned Registered

19. Joined:
    Oct 18, 2005
    Exactly!

20. Nivek Registered

I like what Im seeing. Never read the Graphic Novel, but Im familier with the Legend (was it a Manowar song?). Zakk really impressed me with Dawn of the Dead, the guys got a great eye for action.

21. Two-Face Harvey Dent

Cool stuff Miller is the man!

22. Joined:
    Oct 18, 2005
  23. Aquarius Guest

[​IMG]

Gerard Butler as King Leonidas. Kind of gives a flavor of what this movie will look like. Beautiful, powerful, brutal and untimately, heroic!

24. Joined:
    Oct 18, 2005
    yea,it looks really colorful.