The Ultimate Jossverse Thread

Funny how one of Wes' most admirable qualities,and at the same time one of his greatest flawsmlead to his death.That being,his desire to above all else,do what is best.Why a flaw you say?He thought it was best to alert the Council to what went on with Faith,which ultimately lead to her turn to evil.He thought it was best to take Connor away because Angel,though oblivious to the prophecy,might still be a threat to his child.He thought it was best to follow Angel and destroy the Circle of the Black Thorn,and he died.

Has anybody here read Fray The Vampire Slayer?? I assume it's worth picking up since Joss himself wrote it, but is the conclusion final or is it left open-ended for a possible sequel??

Re: Uber-Slayer - I always thought they should've saved that for Glory, seeing as she's a Goddess, and used a weapon to destroy Adam, instead of the other way around. I know the hammer Buffy used was a God's weapon, but Uber-Slayer would've made for a cooler final battle, and a mystical sword or spear of some sort to impale Adam's nuclear heart would've done the trick.

If they had used the uber slayer to defeat Glory it would have made it a lot harder to explain why Buffy didnt make it up it time to save Dawn and have to sacrifice herself and as Buffy died in that episode we wouldnt have been able to see the consequences of doing the uber slayer spell aswell as the cheese guy

:up::up::up:

"I wear the cheese.The cheese does not wear me."

:D

They could've just shown an exhausted Buffy as the spell wore off. Cheese guy could've been on ep 1 of season 6.

Theres no way they could have just shown an exausted Buffy. Seeing the 1st slayer wasnt just for show. For one it showed the price they paid for doing that spell and it showed Buffy learning that she is not simply the slayer and nothing else

Thats pretty cool, I always think its great when you get to actually talk to famous people and they take the time to do it

Happenstance said:
Thats pretty cool, I always think its great when you get to actually talk to famous people and they take the time to do it

Yeah, it's great. Joss REALLY likes Veronica Mars, apparently. He even sent an email to creator Rob Thomas, full of compliments. Rumours are flying that Joss might write an episode.:):up:

Has anyone read the IDW one-shot "Spike: Old Times" by Peter David?

It was pretty decent, but I have a feeling it's a continuity bender.

The story focuses on Spike and Halfrek, and it addressed the moment in the season 6 episode Older and Far Away, where Halfrek recognized Spike (the same actress who played Halfrek played Cecily in season 5's Fool for Love, and a lot of people speculated that they were one and the same).

Anyway, the issue takes place after Older and Far Away, but my issue with it is that it takes place in Los Angeles and Spike seems to have a soul which implies that it takes place during season 5 of Angel...but Halfrek was killed in the season 7 episode Selfless...hrm. Just somethin' that bugged me. Anyone else read it?

Speaking of the comics, has anyone else been reading Angel: The Curse? So far I like that they haven't exactly revealed anything that happened in the alley after Not Fade Away, but #3 has Angel reminiscing over people close to him who've died, and it only mentions Doyle, Cordelia, and Wesley, so that may imply that everyone survived. So far, I'm enjoying the mini, a LOT better than the writer's attempt to write my favorite cop Vic Mackey last year...

Havnt read it.And the reminiscing part may just be because those three (Doyle,Cordy,And Wes) were early members of Angel Investigations.Fred also died,and if he didn't mention her then....

Should people just give up all hope that he'll ever get this universe going again? I'm not up for reading books and stuff to find out what happens.

It's looking more and more like we'll never get any closure on what happens to everyone. Other than the ones who are dead that is.

What do you think a Faith show would focus on besides vampire slaying and demon fighting? Maybe her relationship with Robin Wood?

We were never really supposed to get closure on the Angel finale, that was the point of it. The fact that evil will always be out there but you keep fighting anyway till the end.

As for a Faith spin off I dont think id like Wood to be in it, I was never that big of a fan of his character and liked him even less with Faith so id prefer the spin off to be her going from town to town doing good where she can while still trying to avoid the police

Happenstance said:
Theres no way they could have just shown an exausted Buffy. Seeing the 1st slayer wasnt just for show. For one it showed the price they paid for doing that spell and it showed Buffy learning that she is not simply the slayer and nothing else

She didn't see the 1st slayer in the same ep she killed Adam, it was in the season 4 finale. What I said was they could've saved Restless for the third ep of season 6, after Buffy is resurrected.

The simple fact is that they didnt know what was going to happen in later series of the show so they do what they want when it can be used.

The_Guyver said:
She didn't see the 1st slayer in the same ep she killed Adam, it was in the season 4 finale. What I said was they could've saved Restless for the third ep of season 6, after Buffy is resurrected.
So the Primal wouldn't have struck at Giles, Willow and Xander over the summer?

Nah... too many plotholes.

The ill fated Giles spinoff Ripper would have been well good

Yeah,we mightve had the chance to see Jenny Calendar again.:(

In a dream sequence of course.:o

Happenstance said:
We were never really supposed to get closure on the Angel finale, that was the point of it. The fact that evil will always be out there but you keep fighting anyway till the end.

Absolutely.:up:

As for a Faith spin off I dont think id like Wood to be in it, I was never that big of a fan of his character and liked him even less with Faith so id prefer the spin off to be her going from town to town doing good where she can while still trying to avoid the police

I agree as well.Wood was only interesting in the beginning when we werent sure if he was evil or not,afterwards he just got dull.I imagine he'd be helping Giles with the Watchers Council anyway.I like the idea of a Faith show,but I just find it hard to imagine her with her own group of Scoobies.I think it'd be best if she just had one side-kick,and maybe a Buffy alumni as the occassional guest.

I always really liked the idea of either an Oz and Xander on the road show or an Oz and Faith on the road show. The Oz and Faith show would probably be the most interesting though from a character perspective.

Just been watching Buffy season 7 again on dvd with the commentary. They were talking about the possible Spike and Faith spin off show which had been pitched, I know I would have liked to see that.

Thats basically why they had the scene in the basement with Spike and Faith talking about when they 1st met (Faith in Buffy's body), to see how the 2 worked together

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"