Reaction score
UltimateLogo.jpg

The "Ultimate Marvel" RPG
Game Founder: Spider-Man9X17
GameMaster: Venom160
Deputy Mod: Feature
Deputy Mod: Matt Murdock
Seker is watching.....
This game is similar to the Marvel RPG, only based off of Ultimate continuity.
RULES:
-Players can choose any hero in the Ultimate Marvel Universe. Players who have proved themselves as good RPer's will also have the option to Ultimize a character, and/or take up a second character. No God-Like characters.
-Everyone exists in the Ultimate Marvel Timeline. No 616 or other alternate items may be used.
-No Killing. Unnamed faceless NPC's may be killed, but not comic characters. Someone else may want to take up the character, or they may be important to another story.
-You can go anywhere on Earth, or travel off planet, but do so within your characters means.
-You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use there dialouge. Do not exaggerate your powers, or pop-up here and there without explination.
-Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.
-No Time Travel.
-You must post at least once every two weeks, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go two weeks without a post without prior notice, your character is up for grabs.
-You must have at least 50 posts on the Hype boards to be eligible to play
-And of course, all regular rules of the Hype apply.
-Have fun.

ultmtsv2012ee3.jpg

ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG SIGN-UP FORM
Screen Name:
Character you would like to play:
Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English:
Three reasons why you have chosen that character:
What can you bring to this game?

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:
Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:
Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialouge:

OFFICIAL SEASON 5 ROSTER

HEROES
Spider-Man
Master Bruce
Scarlet Spider
Matt Murdock
Tarantula
Venom160
Hulkling
Blacklight
Geldoff
Mr. Marko
Darkhawk
guitarsingerguy
Wonderman
Matt Murdock
Heimdall
SenseiofCheese​

THE ULTIMATES

Captain America
Master Bruce
Thor
NowufaceDoom
Giant Man
Jono Starsmore
Iron Man
Matt Murdock​

X-MEN

Angel
Venom160
Shadowcat
Blacklight
Wolverine
Mr.Marko
Colossus
Feature
Charles Xavier
Feature​

FANTASTIC FOUR

Mr. Fantastic
Catman prb
Invisible Woman
NowufaceDoom
The Thing
SenseiofCheese
Human Torch
Eddie Brock Jr.​

THUNDERBOLTS

Forge
Mr.Marko
Sandman
Feature
Ghost Rider
Byrd Man​

VILLAINS

Kaine
Syn (Mercenary)
Cable
Syn (Mercenary)
Blackheart
Syn (Mercenary)
Sinister
NowufaceDoom​

^ This roster won't be updated. Check the the OOC thread for the updated version.

Bios and References
http://www.ultimatemarveluniverse.com/
http://www.marveldirectory.com/ultimatebios.htm
http://www.mutanthigh.com/alternate...index.html#bios

"Welcome back to The Tonight Show! We have a great program tonight. A little later on, we'll talk to Paula Abdul of American Idol fame, but first -- y'know, I'm very excited to introduce my next guest. Are you ready for this, Kevin?"

"As ready as I'll ever be, Jay."

"Ladies and gentlemen, Johnny Storm of the Fantastic Four!"

I walk out onto the stage where I am met with an uproar of applause and cheering. I fix my new Armani suit while flashing my pearly whites to the assembled audience. I naturally check their faces to find the most attractive audience members. It helps me concentrate if I can focus on them while being interviewed. Some people consider that shallow. I consider it simply good taste.

I walk over to Jay Leno's desk and shake his hand. God, his chin really is huge when you see it in person. Pushing that thought aside, I take a seat on the couch that I've seen so many times on television. I can't believe it took this long for me to get on this show.

"Johnny, look at you! You've got the suit, the smile...you're on fire!"

The crowd laughs softly at the pun.

"Okay, okay, seriously, you look good," Jay announces sincerely.

"I feel good," I explain. "No, you know what? I feel great."

"With good reason!" Jay admits. "You're famous, you're heroic, you're young..."

Jay leans over the desk and pretends to whisper.

"And word on the street is that you're seeing one of the X-Men."

I laugh. "I guess you can say that I don't have much to complain about," I respond happily.

"Seriously though, is Johnny Storm settling down? I'm sure our female audience would like to know."

At this, the women laugh nervously and make "woo" noises. I smile broadly.

"I wouldn't say that I'm 'settling down,' Jay. After all, I'm still young," I remind him with a wink. I lean back on the couch and throw my arm over the back. "But sometimes you have to focus your energy on one girl."

"But you're Johnny Storm! You could get any and every girl within 15 miles of New York! Am I right, Kevin?"

"More than that, Jay," Kevin Eubanks replies enthusiastically.

"Why settle for just one?"

I shrug. It's a hard question to answer, actually. Truthfully, I don't see much of my relationship with Kitty. I'm not the commitment "type," so - for me - this is nothing more than a close friendship.

"What can I say? I'm maturing," I answer jokingly.

Jay laughs. "Not too quickly, I hope," he adds.

Jay then sits up straight and adjusts his tie. "Now, I want to get serious here for a minute. Since you're part of the self-proclaimed 'world famous' Fantastic Four, you see things that most of us couldn't imagine," Jay begins. "Since you're located in New York City, I want to know how you felt about that tragedy a month ago."

I clear my throat. "It was terrible, Jay. I'm not going to sugarcoat it," I explain. What else is there to say? Five thousand, one hundred and ninety-two people died instantly. There are no statistics more frightening than that. "The Fantastic Four is doing everything in our power to provide assistance where needed, and we're hard at work trying to figure out what's going on. But first, as you know, our beloved home - The Baxter Building - was destroyed in the initial incident. Luckily, none of us were harmed."

Jay nods silently.

"Keep your eyes open, Jay. I have a feeling that this storm hasn't passed yet," I admit ominously. If only they knew the truth...

"Well, we're going to take a short break, and we'll be right back with Johnny Storm on The Tonight Show!"

Hollywood, California

Ultimates3large.jpg

"Do you think this letter on my head stands for 'France'?"

Silence fills the small room, then the three people sitting at the table across the room for me jot down notes.

"Okay, Mister...Blaze...nice stage name, by the way."

I clear my throat and get rid of the All-American sound of Captain America's voice.

"Thanks. But that's my real name."

I pull the Captain America mask I brought with me and start to look over the Ultimates movie script the producers gave me for the audition.

"Well, from your resume, you don't seem to have much acting experience."

"I was in the Spider-Man movie."

"For five seconds as a motorcycle punk Spider-Man kicks off his bike."

"Yes, and I also did some stunt work for McGuire. Who do you think made that jump between buildings when he was running from Doc Ock? You think Tobey did that? Hell no!"

"Well...Mister Blaze...don't call us...we'll call you."

I toss my Cap mask on the floor and turn on my heels as I leave the audition.

"Well?"

Felicia's on my bike, waiting for me as I walk across the parking lot. She's got on a tight shirt complete with cut off shorts and a pair of black flip flops. That's the best thing about Cali, skimpy clothes all year round.

"I don't want to talk about it."

She kisses me on the cheek and wraps her arms around me as I slide on to the bike.

"That bad, huh?"

"Yeah. They pretty much told me to go **** myself."

"It'll me okay, babe."

"I mean, I was born to play Cap. Look at me!"

"I know, you're All-American..except the old thing about being from a broken home and selling your soul to the devil."

"Oh ha ha...I'm not in the joking mood."

"How about we hit the beach? You can watch me parade around in a bikini and take joy in the fact that, while everyone there drools over me, you're the only one I share a bed with."

"Now that you mention it...that might help a little."
I kick start my bike to life and Felicia holds on tight as I roar out of the parking lot and down the road.

42223681.jpg

Ultimate Iron Man

Tony Stark flew through the air, spinning and narrowly avoiding the windows and girders that lined his city. Beneath the Iron Man mask, his breathing was labored, but steady. This part of the city always made him uptight. He hated approaching the site where Project: Nexus had been deployed, as he rolled through the air, he could almost feel the death around him.

He landed on the roof of Stark Tower, having finished his patrol. He tapped a few buttons on his wrist and felt his mask slide back.

"Uh... Tony... Come in." The voice of Jim Rhodes rang loud and clear in Anthony's ear piece.

"Go ahead, Rhodes."

Stark was sipping from a straw connected to one of his air-intake valves. A constant stream of alcohol kept the intrepid billionaire brash and pain-free.

"There's a situation in midtown..."

His friend's voice was timid, much like that of a child who's bracing a parent for a bad grade.

Stark heaved a sigh and tapped the buttons on his suit once more.

"I'm on my way."

The helmet locked in place around Stark's devilish face. The HUD illuminated on the back of his faceplate, registering communications with Iron Man HQ in the sublevels of Stark Tower.

"This is Iron Man." He muttered. "Rhodes is having some trouble in midtown, we're going to have to delay that routine service."

His assistant, on the end of the line made a brief acknowledgment of his remarks.

Grinning to himself, Iron Man hurled himself off of the building.

"Full power to the jets on my mark."

58230ironman2.jpg

The angle of his descent was such that he would collide with a full office building within seconds if he didn't take action.

"Mark."

The boots ignited with a roar, launching Iron Man into the air, narrowly avoiding a crowded office.

BWOOSH!

12958ironman3-1.jpg

His trip was a short one, to the center of town, but it gave him plenty of time to think about the life he'd been leading. Recently, he'd grown far more introspective. He didn't know how much the public knew about Nexus, if anything at all, and he didn't want to say something he shouldn't.

Then again, that hadn't deterred him from making an appointment to appear on Larry King Live this evening.

"Thanks for showing up to the party."

Rhode's robotic voice shook Stark out of his daze, and the two were glaring at each other in mid-air.

"It's nice to see that my War Machine armor is being put to good use." Iron Man jested.

The War Machine armor was outfitted to directly connect to the robotic components that Tony Stark would give to paramilitary soldiers. Essentially, it was a black and silver version of his prototype armor, with enhanced weaponry and stronger armor.

Finding it too cumbersome and slow, Stark left the prototype chip as an unmarked envelope in his storage warehouse which Rhodes, of course, thought was a bomb of some sort.

"LOOK OUT!" War Machine said as he snapped into action. He launched himself forwards, firing a beam of energy at their opponent.

WarMachine7.jpg

"Who are we fighting, anyway?" Iron Man asked, exasperated.

Rhino_%28Ultimate%29_001.jpg

CRASH!

"I'm gonna tear you boys apart!"
The Rhino roared, demolishing part of a city block.

"This guy again?" Stark asked, exasperated.

"Again? AGAIN?! You've fought this thing before?"

Tony smirked from behind his helmet. Rhodes obviously hadn't been at this for very long, and it showed.

Narrowly dodging a car that had been hurled into the air, Stark barrel rolled towards the ground.

"The great thing about this armor we're wearing, Jimmy..."

Stark swooped under the gargantuan legs of the Rhino.

"...Is that most problems..."

BWOOSH!

Stark was above Rhino now, confusing the large, but dumb, behemoth.

"...Can be solved by taking them head on!"

"Eh?" Rhino's head shot up, his red eyes meeting Iron Man's white and blue ones. "Get down here!" He roared.

"Well, if you insist." Stark said.

VROO!

The jets in Iron Man's boots ignited and thrust him straight into Rhino, who was unable to withstand a straight shot. Within seconds, Iron Man had a firm grasp on one of the back plates that held many of Rhino's robotic components in place. With a simple tug, they were exposed.

BZZT-CLIK!

The machine gun mounted on Iron Man's forearm deployed and locked onto the wires and chips inside Rhino's back.

RATATATATATATATATA.

Bullets ripped through the processors and cables with ease, and the Rhino's robotic eyes slowly went dim.

"What now?" Rhodes asked, embarrassed.

"Now I fly back to Stark Tower and get ready for my interview while you wait for the proper authorities."

With that, Iron Man rocketed skywards, headed straight for his home.

IC: GELDOFF

He never thought he'd end up like this. Homeless. Alone. He waited in line for his next meal at the homeless shelter. He never wanted to be this way.

Suddenly, a black kid, around his age (16), butted in line a few people up from him. He sneered at a man in line, who mumbled under his breath.

"Uh, we were here first, pal. Back of the line."

The black kid turned around. "What did you say to me?" His neck seemed to get a bit thicker as he said it, and his muscles larger, like a cat that would have its fur stand on end.

"Back. Of. The. Line." Geldoff clenched his fists. He had learned that using his powers wasn't always the best thing to do in a situation, but he figured he might need them here. He'd at least be ready.

The kid's face grew more and more upset, and as he did, he seemed to get more muscluar. "Do you know who I am?" He pushed the old man behind him out of the way, crumbling to the floor.

Geldoff sneered. "No, but I'm afraid you must not know who I am either." He opened the palms of his hands, letting a small bit of energy release, causing a small localized shockwave.

"You havn't figured it out yet, have you?"
Suddenly, the boy screamed in fury and grey twice his size. As he grew, his tattoos on his body glowed bright white.

99010-nezhno_400.jpg

"Oh sh**." Geldoff backed up as people began to scream and run away. "You don't want to force me to do this."

The crazed man grabbed Geldoff and screamed furiously. "NO ONE MESSES WITH ME!"

Suddenly, a quiet voice...or was it more than one...came from the crowd. It normally would have been too quiet to hear, but it pierced the two of them to the core. "Real classy, fellas."

Geldoff turned to see three girls. Three twin girls.

134503-stepford-cuckoos_400.jpg

"Nehzno, this is the second time this has happened with you. What the hell?"

Nehzno, the black kid, almost instantly began to shrink in size, almost more scrawny than he was when he started. "I'm...sorry..."

One of the girls walked up to Geldoff. "I'm sorry, pal."

Geldoff brushed himself off as another spoke. "We saw what you can do. I think you should come with us."

Geldoff scoffed. "Uh, I've already been to Xavier's once. Don't need to be heading back anytime soon."

The girls looked at Geldoff. "We know where you've been. All the more reason you come with us."

Suddenly, police sirens began to wail not far away. "Well, if I go with you, all I have to do is out run the slowest of you. I can deal with that."

22718-phoebe-cuckoo_400.jpg

"Good."

68uu9.jpg

The Triskelion Laboratories

"If this is a new trick with your pet army of ants...I'm not interested." , General Fury muttered, while exhaling a swirling cloud of cigar smoke. There was a lot on his mind, especially with the catastrophe that took place just a month ago. The U.S. Government practically crapped their pants, and now they wanted to cower behind S.H.I.E.L.D. To be honest, everyone was a little shaken up. Something bad was coming; and it was not of this world.

"Not this time, my friend. Although, the ants can dance to Thriller...on time..."

Fury began tapping his foot, so Henry decided to get to the point. Standing up, he moved over to a cylindrical chamber, which was connected to another module with a series of tubes.

"Are you familiar with artificial intelligence, General Fury?"

The S.H.I.E.L.D. director narrowed his eyes, crossing his arms.

"I've seen a lot of crazy *****, Pym. Get to the point."

Hank grinned. The General was obviously expecting some lazily created experiment. But for the past month, Henry had been obsessing over his newest discovery, which could be the perfection of A.I.--By using his own thought and memory emgrams, he could actually "create" an extremely intelligent, yet artificial life form. There were many failed attempts, but just recently he developed a prototype that could evolve into something phenomenal.

"Meet....Ultron-I."

His right hand came up to flick a switch to the left of the chamber, it's metal doors hissing upward, only to reveal a chrome, oval shaped concoction, with what seemed to be two eyes, along with various wires and tubes. It was only the head of the entire invention.

DSC01465.jpg

"A ****ing robots head, Pym..? Do you really think I have ti--"

Nick was interrupted by the cybernetic, though well spoken voice of the robot.

"Ah, General Fury. I've read much about you. You're the veteran, the leader around here. Am I correct?"

"Yeah....he read an encyclopedia in one hour..", Hank said boastingly.

Fury moved closer to the contraption, before blowing smoke into it's direction. In an instant, his cigar was snatched out of his mouth, and thrown onto the floor.

"Smoking is quite hazardous to your health, General Fury."

"I want you to stop working on this."

Henry looked at him in disbelief.

"What..?"

The general stomped out his cigar, kicking it to the side as Ultron-I watched his every move...absorbing every piece of information, much like a sponge.

"It's a bad idea. I've seen a lot of screw up's Pym, especially when your trying to play God. It just doesn't work."

"...It will save millions of lives, Fury. No more military casualties, less labor....--"

"I don't want to hear any more about it, Dr. Pym. Now get rid of R2D2, or I'll send some of my men to do it. That thing freaks the **** out of me."

General Fury then exited the room, the door screeching shut behind him. Dr. Henry Pym sat there, slumped upon his desk with even more feelings of hopelessness once again.

IC: FORGE

"I'm sorry, guys, this is a very prestigious night club. Invite only."

Forge, Spiral, and Scorpion, all dressed in large overcoats, stood outside of Ice, a night club that they had tracked for the last three weeks. It seemed like this was the place that everything was centered. Prostitution rings. Drug circles. Contract killings. It was time to track down the center man.

"We're on the list." Mac grinned slightly, who was wearing only a smaller portion of his suit beneath the jacket.

Forge pointed at the list with his robotic hand. "Right here." He then popped out his wrist-bound cannon and pressed it into the man's chest. "Let us in and nobody gets hurt. Got it, pal?"

The man glared at Forge. "I've heard about you guys. The Thunderbolts."

Forge smiled. "Then I'm sure you know we mean business."

"F*** you, kid."

"Have it your way." Forge fired the cannon silently into the man's chest, collapsing him to the floor.

As if on que, Spiral, who was wearing a large overcoat to cover her four extra arms, let out a piercing scream. "He's having a heart attack! Does anyone know CPR?!"

The crowd gathered around the man as a large man began to pump on his chest. Meanwhile, the three of them slipped into the club.

"Was that really necessary?"

Forge patted him on the back. "Oh, come on Mac! I didn't kill him! I fired a synthetic neurotransmitter that causes the symptoms of a minor myocardial infarction. He'll get to the hospital just as it wears off."

He stared at him. "A what?"

Spiral smiled. "He just gave him a fake heart attack."

Mac shook his head. "Oh."

Forge turned back to the two. "Alright, guys, split up. I'm going to check the back rooms for any information I can find on who is behind this. Look out for anyone who could cause us trouble."

Spiral and Scorpion nodded. "Look out for baddies. Got it."

They made their way to the back hallway, where another guards stood place. "Password?"

Scorpion stared at him. "We're here for the info."

Suddenly, before the man could move, Forge had injected his neurotransmitter into the man and he fell to the ground. "Alright, you two are the guards now. Look the part."

He moved down the hallway and found a large room.

CONTROL CENTER

The door was large and metal, with a small crack underneath. A dim glow leaked from underneath.

"Bingo." He pulled a small round disk from his pocket and pressed a button on it, sliding it under the door. Within ten seconds, the sound of four bodies hitting the ground was heard. He then fired his plasma cannon at the door knob, opening it. "You guys like my new toy? Straight from Ocean's 11." He sat in the seat and pulled out a small box with a USB cord attatched to it. "You know, the part where they're at the bottom of the elevator shaft by the bank vault and they knock the guards out with something like this."

The guards lay unconscious on the floor.

"No appreciation for ground-breaking technology."
He shook his head and plugged in the USB to the computer. "I'm sure you'll appreciate this one. A mini-super-computer powerful enough to download every file on your main frame and then crash your own within a period of two minutes." The green light began to flash, and in two minutes, the process would be done.

Suddenly, a crackle came over Forge's communicator. "Forge, we've got trouble----cade----ound me here----sorry, babe."

"I can't here what you're saying. You're breaking-"

Suddenly, the door blew open and a man stood in the doorway.

169112-arcade_400.jpg

"Tracking down a Genoshan citizen isn't hard, my friend."

Forge pulled out his wrist-cannon. "Who are you, and what do you want with Spiral?"

The man scoffed. "The name's Arcade, my dear friend, and I'm afraid that Spiral was simply a way to track you down. I have access to the trackers placed in every mutant that ever has lived in Genosha. I'm under new employment, however, and my boss wants all of you."

darkhawkbanner.jpg

"Wake up Chris Powell...wake up...and remember."

Chris Powell's eyes spring to life, but all he witnesses is pain. He watches the memory of slaughtering his own family after being given the Darkhawk crystal. He can't look away as, for the second time, he sees his father put his service revolver into his mouth and pull the trigger. He relives his battle with Portal when Darkhawk became whole. He takes solace in watching himself deliver the death blow to the woman who set the whole thing in motion, when he finally thought the nightmare would stop. As usual, he was wrong. Finally, he remembers the events that led up to now. There was a little girl. She had been abducted, and Darkhawk was hot on her trail; however, his inexperience proved yet again to be his downfall. It was a trap and Darkhawk had been easily captured. He watched as the young girl was tortured and finally beheaded. The sick bastard wasn't even close to finished. The world spun out of existence and finally, Chris Powell was awakened by a soft voice telling him to, "Wake up and remember."

"Stop it! Stop it Goddammit! Kill me already and let's be done with it!"

"Human melodrama has no place here Chris Powell. You are in no danger."

Chris looks around the room and realizes that he has no clue where he is. He's surrounded by what appears to be organic machinery. Chris lifts himself off of the table in the middle of the room. There's a large window at the end of the hall. He approaches it slowly...unsure of whether or not he should truly believe his eyes. He presses his face to the glass and what he sees is the most beautiful view of his home planet...Earth.

"Where in the hell am I?"

Suebanner.jpg

"Reed honey! You're missing it!" Susan Storm shouted over the television as she sat on a rather tatty looking couch. The living room area was much to be desired, a small room with one only one door. The floor was cluttered with machine parts and papers, evidence that the destruction of the Baxter Building had not stopped the famous Reed Richards from working all the hours god sends. After the tragedy that occurred last month the Fantastic Four had re-located themselves, to a not-so-fantastic apartment.

"Reed!" Sue shouted again, getting impatient. "This is his big moment, he's been on about this for weeks."

"YO! Suzie, would ya quiten it down? I'm tryin ta watch the little squirt!" Chimed in the orange behemoth known as Ben Grimm aka The Thing.

"Sorry Ben, I just get so frustrated when Reed is more focused on his work than he is his family." The Invisible woman explained, sighing slightly.

Suebanner.jpg

"Reed honey! You're missing it!" Susan Storm shouted over the television as she sat on a rather tatty looking couch. The living room area was much to be desired, a small room with one only one door. The floor was cluttered with machine parts and papers, evidence that the destruction of the Baxter Building had not stopped the famous Reed Richards from working all the hours god sends. After the tragedy that occurred last month the Fantastic Four had re-located themselves, to a not-so-fantastic apartment.

"Reed!" Sue shouted again, getting impatient. "This is his big moment, he's been on about this for weeks."

"YO! Suzie, would ya quiten it down? I'm tryin ta watch the little squirt!" Chimed in the orange behemoth known as Ben Grimm aka The Thing.

"Sorry Ben, I just get so frustrated when Reed is more focused on his work than he is his family." The Invisible woman explained, sighing slightly.
Reed looked up briefly from the mess of circuits on the makeshift worktop in front of him. He flicked a switch and a low humming filled the tiny little room. The circuits took a blue glow for a second then promptly started smoking and started burning. Reed grabbed a fire extinguisher and sprayed it over his work. As the flames diminished, he threw the extinguisher down in a rage, then threw the table over. He walked into the small living room, then sat down next to Sue.

"I was so damned close," he said, frowning and taking his glasses off, wiping them on his shirt absent-mindedly.
"Close to what?" Sue said looking at him.
"Replicating the wiring for my AI. My Vision prototype was far more advanced than Pym's Ultron piece of junk, but it got destroyed along with the rest of my research and the Baxter Building. And we need the grant money now more than ever!" Reed said, sulking.
"I know," Sue said.
"How do you know that?"
"You haven't shut up about it for a month," Sue said and gave Reed the look that men everywhere have learnt to fear through instinct alone. Reed turned the volume on the TV up.

"- I want to get serious here for a minute. Since you're part of the self-proclaimed 'world famous' Fantastic Four, you see things that most of us couldn't imagine. Since you're located in New York City, I want to know how you felt about that tragedy a month ago."

"It was terrible, Jay. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. The Fantastic Four is doing everything in our power to provide assistance where needed, and we're hard at work trying to figure out what's going on. But first, as you know, our beloved home - The Baxter Building - was destroyed in the initial incident. Luckily, none of us were harmed."

"Try telling that to Vision Mark I...I heard it screaming!" Reed muttered, before being silenced by Sue's Look. He hadn't even mentioned the Kaine Virus yet, and he'd decided to keep that under wraps until he could make any more headway.
"Keep your eyes open, Jay. I have a feeling that this storm hasn't passed yet," Johnny said, looking at the camera. Reed stood up, knocking the lamp off the little sidetable.

"What's he saying?! I specifically told him not to say anything that may panic the general populus, but does he listen? No cos, he's Johnny Storm!" Reed fumed.

ultimatexmen-771-1.jpg

The Next Step Part I

The streets run with blood. Blood of the innocent. Blood of mutants. It has been one month since the day Nathan Winters revealed himself as a super being, a god. He claims to be the savior of the Earth, purging its populace of all impurities. But to him, he only sees one race as the flaw. One race as the imperfects. The mutants.

It has been twenty five days since order Providence, the decree that labeled any mutant as dead. Ever since then, Cable has had his Supersoldiers, or as he calls them, Flagsmashers roam the streets with the assistance of the Ultimatum, the country‘s police, searching for any man, woman or child that’s DNA classifies it as a mutant. When they find them they are shot on sight. No mercy. No compassion. No regard for life. These are the days mankind had hoped to leave behind, but hate always lives in the hearts of man. Especially those who live for revenge.

Barjnov, Rumekistan

“Hey, Kane! I found one!”

“Kill him, Malik! Put a hole in his ****ing head!”

Midnight. Two of the seven Flag smashers fly over the streets of Barjnov, the capital of the country. Garrison Kane and Albert Malik patrol the streets searching for the remaining mutants that still live in the country.

The two super soldiers chase a young teenager, no older than fifteen down a long street. The young teen is branded by his skin. It is a light green pigment, reflecting the light from the moon, making him glow. In the dead of night, his mutation is like a target on his head. He runs for his life down the street, making turns in and out of alleys as he desperately tries to find a haven.

“Malik, this one’s mine.” Kane says with an evil smile.

“Fine, Kane. But I’m radioing the Ultimatum in this area. Where there’s one-”

“Oh come on, Malik. Live a little! When they get involved its always by the book. I want to have a little fun.”

“Alright you psycho ****, have fun.”

Malik says giving Kane a thumbs up. Kane nods and drops his altitude. He begins hovering off the ground by no more than ten feet. He chases the mutant as he runs, keeping pace with ease. The young mutant looks over his shoulder and sees the super soldier right behind him, closing in fast. The mutant leans down as he runs and picks up a rock. Quickly, he turns and throws it at his pursuer. He rock hits Kane in his face, causing him to close his eyes for only a second.

“Ah!” he yells, brushing the dust and pieces from his face. “Now you’re going to-” Kane looks around for the mutant, but to his dismay, there is no trace. “Aw, I get it. Hide and seek, huh?” Kane says as he cracks his knuckles. “Alright, I can play along.”

Kane slowly flies through the streets as he circles the block. He searches every area, looking into every corner, every dumpster, every small space he can find. As Kane continues to patrol, he reaches to the pouch on his upper thigh. He opens it, and pulls out a pistol. He loads a clip into the gun, making a clicking noise. As he rounds the corner, Kane lets out a quiet laugh.

Turning the corner, Kane spots his target. He sees the mutant leaning up against a stack of crates, cowering in fear. Kane laughs louder now, holding onto his pistol with both hands and aiming up the sight at the end of the barrel.

“I told you I’d find you kid.” Kane says as he pulls the safety off the gun with his thumb. “Now you have to die!”

“No! You die!”

“What?”

Before Kane can react, a man breaks through a window on the building to his left. Glass fills the air as the man lunges toward Kane. Replacing the man’s arms are large blades. The sharp edges shine in the moon light, glistening brightly. The man brings his arms down in a quick swipe, aiming for Kane. Kane pulls back, but not fast enough. Before he can realize what has happened, the man’s blades sever Kane’s arms at the elbow, chopping them off in a clean slice.

“AH! OH MY GOD!” Kane yells in agony as he falls to the ground. “You little ****ing mutant!” Kane stares at his arms, watching the blood spew from the open veins and arteries. His forearms his the ground with a thud, rolling around on the hard concrete in a growing puddle of mud. “You cut off my arms! YOU CUT OFF MY DAMN ARMS!” Kane falls to his knees, staring in shock at his severed limbs.

The man who attacked Kane walks to the teenage mutant. As he grows closer, his arms form back into human arms, the blades disappearing and morphing back. As Kane yells and screams, the man holds out a hand to the mutant teen.

“It’s okay, kid.” He says with a generous smile. “You’re safe now.”

“W-Who are you?” The mutant asks.

“I’m part of the resistance, son. We’re fighting back. We’re taking Rumekistan back.” He turns back to Kane, staring at him while he continues to scream as the blood flows like waterfalls from his arms.

“Taking it back from people like him. Like Cable.” The young mutant looks at the man’s hand and then up to the man’s face. He stares with joy, hope filling his body as tears come to his eyes. The mutant goes to put out his arm to grab hold of the man as he leans forward.

“I’m sorry, do you two think Cable is a tyrant?” A voice calls out. The two mutants look around them, searching for the voice. They hear the sound of a gun loading above them. They look up and see another super soldier hovering just overhead, his pistol pointing at them as he laughs. “No one questions, Cable!” The man yells as he pulls the trigger. Two bullets fire from the barrel in a loud bang. They fly through the air in the blink of an eye, moving like silver streaks. They embed themselves in the mutants heads, cutting through their skulls and entering into the brains. With a gasp for air as their souls leave their bodies, the two mutants fall dead.

The soldier above them laughs as he puts his pistol back in his pouch on his leg. Slowly, the man lowers himself to the ground. He looks over to Kane, his eyes staring in shock at the massacre of his friend.

“Kane!” he yells as he rushes to his friend’s side. “My God! Garrison! Stay with me!”

“Little…****er…cut off my arms.” Kane says, spitting blood from his lips.

“No, it’s not bad.” The soldier says, struggling to keep down his food. “We’ll get you fixed up. You’ll make it.”

“End up…like Straka…won’t I, Malik?”

“No. No, you’re not going to end up like him. We’ll fix you, buddy. You’ll make it.” Malik says as he puts his finger to the device in his ear. “HQ! This is Malik! Send units to my location now! Kane’s had an accident. Repeat, this is an emergency! We have a man down!”

“Make that two!” A voice shouts from behind. Malik turns to see a figure lunging at him. His arms are outstretched, at the ends of his fingers are sharp claws, stained with blood. The figure jumps in the air as he attacks Malik. Unable to react, Malik stares in shock at the attack. “You bastards are dead!” Suddenly, a gun shot sounds loudly, echoing off the buildings. The mutant falls to the ground dead, his eyes still open, completely caught off guard.

Malik looks at the dead body, still caught in a daze from the assault. Slowly he raises his head, looking up to see the shooter. To his surprise, he sees a man hovering in the air holding a smoking gun. The man lowers his arm and begins to descend down toward Malik. As the man grows closer, Malik soon realizes who the man is.

“Cable?” He says in disbelief.

“Yes, Malik.” He responds with a frown. “I hear there’s some trouble here.”

“W-Wow, sir…that was fast.”

“I intercepted the message. How’s Kane?”

“Fading, sir.” Malik says, picking up his ally. He holds up his bloody body to his leader, hoping for a miracle. Cable stares at Kane’s wounds, examining them closely.

“He’ll make it.” Cable says coldly. “Fly him to the base.”

“But, sir…he’s losing blood fast.” Cable stares at Malik motionlessly, his face showing an expression of aggression and disappointment.

“Are you questioning me, soldier?” He asks in a deep tone.

“N-No, sir. I’ll get him there stat.”

“Good.”

Malik holds his comrade in his arms and lifts into the air. The blood flows from Garrison Kane’s arms, staining Malik’s gray uniform with a dark red pigment. The two figures lift off into the air and fly off toward the government buildings in the distance.

Cable watches them leave, making sure they are out of sight before holstering his pistol. Cable looks down at the bodies of the mutants on the ground. He frowns as he looks into their eyes, still held open by the muscles in their bodies.

“The resistance.” Cable says with disgust. “Damn you, Bishop. Of all my high ranking officers, you were the only one I’d never have suspected to be a mutant.” Cable stares back down at the body of one of the mutants. His eyes soon veer off, following the stream of blood pooling in the alley way. Cable takes a deep sigh and closes his eyes. As he calms himself down, his head moves up, lifting it high. He opens his eyes and stares at the stars above, his eyes glowing in the darkness of the night.

“It’s a shame, Lucas.” Cable says with remorse. “We were good friends. For you, I might have tried to find a cure.” Cable lets out a deep breath. Unpredictably, Cable’s emotions change. The remorse and regret leaves his mind and soul, and is soon replaced with a feeling of resentment and hate. He squints his eyes in an angry frown as he closes his fingers into a fist, gripping tightly at his own hands. “Might have, Lucas. Might.”

Reed looked up briefly from the mess of circuits on the makeshift worktop in front of him. He flicked a switch and a low humming filled the tiny little room. The circuits took a blue glow for a second then promptly started smoking and started burning. Reed grabbed a fire extinguisher and sprayed it over his work. As the flames diminished, he threw the extinguisher down in a rage, then threw the table over. He walked into the small living room, then sat down next to Sue.

"I was so damned close," he said, frowning and taking his glasses off, wiping them on his shirt absent-mindedly.
"Close to what?" Sue said looking at him.
"Replicating the wiring for my AI. My Vision prototype was far more advanced than Pym's Ultron piece of junk, but it got destroyed along with the rest of my research and the Baxter Building. And we need the grant money now more than ever!" Reed said, sulking.
"I know," Sue said.
"How do you know that?"
"You haven't shut up about it for a month," Sue said and gave Reed the look that men everywhere have learnt to fear through instinct alone. Reed turned the volume on the TV up.

"- I want to get serious here for a minute. Since you're part of the self-proclaimed 'world famous' Fantastic Four, you see things that most of us couldn't imagine. Since you're located in New York City, I want to know how you felt about that tragedy a month ago."

"It was terrible, Jay. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. The Fantastic Four is doing everything in our power to provide assistance where needed, and we're hard at work trying to figure out what's going on. But first, as you know, our beloved home - The Baxter Building - was destroyed in the initial incident. Luckily, none of us were harmed."

"Try telling that to Vision Mark I...I heard it screaming!" Reed muttered, before being silenced by Sue's Look. He hadn't even mentioned the Kaine Virus yet, and he'd decided to keep that under wraps until he could make any more headway.
"Keep your eyes open, Jay. I have a feeling that this storm hasn't passed yet," Johnny said, looking at the camera. Reed stood up, knocking the lamp off the little sidetable.

"What's he saying?! I specifically told him not to say anything that may panic the general populus, but does he listen? No cos, he's Johnny Storm!" Reed fumed.

Ben shifts his weight to face Reed, the tattered old sofa crying out in strain.

"Come on, Stretch, we all know that pretty boy ain't got nothin' between his ears. Only way you'd ever get him to learn something is ta beat it into him." he calls to Reed and gives out a deep chuckle.

Ben turns his body back and returns his eyes to the TV screen. Again the sofa squeaks, near breaking-point, under his massive frame. Grimm looks to Sue, who smiles awkwardly. " 'sides, we any closer to figurin' out just what the hell blew up half a' New York and our fancy crib with it?" he asks nobody in particular, eager to avoid the subject of the problems of living with an orange mountain.

After a brief moment of fumbling with my keys, I manage to find the one that corresponds with this crappy apartment. You know, you'd think Reed and Sue would at least spring for a nice hotel or condo or something, but I guess not. I realize that our money could probably be better spent on other things, but let's splurge a little. After all, we are the world famous Fantastic Four.

Swinging the door open wide, I enter the room with a victorious smile. "Ladies, gentlemen...Thing...please, no autographs," I call out gleefully.

I look over to see Reed standing with a shattered lamp at his feet. Something tells me that it wasn't broken in an abrupt fit of joy.

"Sheesh, who died?" I ask sarcastically while removing my sunglasses. Reed glares at me, and I half-expect heat beams to shoot out of his eyes. "Oh, your little robot thing, right?"

"It wasn't a little--"

"Johnny, it's not about that,"
Sue interrupts before Reed can go off on one of his tangents. The guy has his head screwed on way too tight. He definitely needs to loosen up and blow off some steam every now and then.

"Well, what then?" I ask seriously. Usually I can tell what they're mad about, but this time I'm truly in the dark here. I hop onto an empty armchair and put my feet up on the coffee table. "I thought you guys would be happy that I'm living out my dreams."

Thorbanner.jpg

The barren plane of Hades was awash with flame, demons scoured the skys and the earth. Tearing into it with the burning fire of hell.

"LOKI!!" Boomed the voice of the enraged God "You wretched piece of filth! FACE ME!"

A shrill high-pitched laugh echoed around the caverns. "Poor poor Thunder God, not a hope in hell of saving them, all your efforts, all Odin's efforts are futile! In vain! Pointless!" Giggled the lord of mischeif with glee.

"No... no I... I trie-"

"You have failed your father Thor." Loki interrupted. "You can't save them. You can't win. They. Will. Die. Your friends will perish and burn, no one shall be safe, non shall be spared!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, his voice disembodied, echoing around the very hell Thor had found himself in.

"NOOOOOOOOO!"

"Thor!" Came a familiar voice... and with it familiar smells... familiar feelings. "You were dreaming." Spoke a soothing voice. Thor breathed deep, gathering his thoughts and surroundings. He was on the very field where he had first met Nick Fury and Bruce Banner, the very same field the Latverian dictator Dr. Doom had visited.

"I'm... sorry if I disturbed you Jane." The Thunder God breathed finally.

"Hey, that's ok, we were just worried about you."
Said the nurse-turned-follower. "Heimdall is in the woods with some of the younger guys. It seems they've taken a shine to him... the girls moreso." She said with a knowing grin.

Thor chuckled. "I'd best go show my face."

Heimdall

As much as he would prefer not to admit it, Heimdall had sincerely missed being worshipped. The young people that had gathered around the two Gods upon their arrival in Norway never lost the childlike excitement in talking to them and, despite Thor's pleas that they not, they catered to their every whim.

"Ye would do good not to look a Frost Giant in the eye, fair ladies," Heimdall spoke in a dramatic voice to the mass of young women who had gathered around him and asked for stories of Asgard ", for surely they are the scum of this world and others. But no match are they for the Gods of Asgard."

Letting his eyes momentarily wander from the pack of giggling girls, Heimdall saw Thor approach and the look on his friend's face told him everything he needed to know. The vacation was over.

After a brief moment of fumbling with my keys, I manage to find the one that corresponds with this crappy apartment. You know, you'd think Reed and Sue would at least spring for a nice hotel or condo or something, but I guess not. I realize that our money could probably be better spent on other things, but let's splurge a little. After all, we are the world famous Fantastic Four.

Swinging the door open wide, I enter the room with a victorious smile. "Ladies, gentlemen...Thing...please, no autographs," I call out gleefully.

I look over to see Reed standing with a shattered lamp at his feet. Something tells me that it wasn't broken in an abrupt fit of joy.

"Sheesh, who died?" I ask sarcastically while removing my sunglasses. Reed glares at me, and I half-expect heat beams to shoot out of his eyes. "Oh, your little robot thing, right?"

"It wasn't a little--"

"Johnny, it's not about that," Sue interrupts before Reed can go off on one of his tangents. The guy has his head screwed on way too tight. He definitely needs to loosen up and blow off some steam every now and then.

"Well, what then?" I ask seriously. Usually I can tell what they're mad about, but this time I'm truly in the dark here. I hop onto an empty armchair and put my feet up on the coffee table. "I thought you guys would be happy that I'm living out my dreams."

"We- This shouldn't be about you living your little dreams. The whole world is at stake here and we still have no idea what hit New York. You should be helping us hunt down whoever is responsible, not appearing on chat shows and warning the public to be vigilant. It's a super-villain, not a rapist! You'll cause mass hysteria for no good reason!" he said, looking around at the silent room. They all stared back at him.

"I'm going to bed," he sighed, walking towards his bedroom.

"We- This shouldn't be about you living your little dreams. The whole world is at stake here and we still have no idea what hit New York. You should be helping us hunt down whoever is responsible, not appearing on chat shows and warning the public to be vigilant. It's a super-villain, not a rapist! You'll cause mass hysteria for no good reason!" he said, looking around at the silent room. They all stared back at him.

"Sheesh, Stretch, calm down. We'll...you'll figure it out eventually. Ya always seem ta." Ben said in an attempt to comfort his friend but to no avail. As Reed crept into his bedroom, Ben turned to Sue. "Go do that magic you do, Suzie. He needs ya." he told her, before turning to Johnny, all softness in his face and voice gone. "What you need, kid, is some alone time with yours truly." Ben growled at Johnny, cracking his knuckles.

"Well, look who decided to take his high horse out for a gallop," I call out. Reed stops and clenches his fists. I'm getting under his skin.

Good.

I slide my sunglasses back on and add, "Don't be jealous that I've achieved more fame and success than you ever had with your little inventions."

Leaning forward, I grab the TV remote and flip through the channels. Other than The Tonight Show, there's nothing worth watching. After accepting this fact, I toss the remote carelessly back on the coffee table.

"What you need, kid, is some alone time with yours truly."

I literally laugh aloud. "Do you listen to yourself?"

Leaning forward, I grab the TV remote and flip through the channels. Other than The Tonight Show, there's nothing worth watching. After accepting this fact, I toss the remote carelessly back on the coffee table.

"What you need, kid, is some alone time with yours truly."

I literally laugh aloud. "Do you listen to yourself?"

"Do you?" Ben gestures to the television screen. "The hell is that? You wanna be their little song and dance monkey, fine by me flame-boy, but don't go draggin' the three of us through the mud with ya. Now make yourself useful and heat up the stove, it's broken." Ben says as he pats Johnny on the shoulder, smiling as Johnny stumbles under the weight of his hand. Ben walks over to the table and picks up a small wooden spoon he had begun using for everyday situations that his size didn't allow for. Holding it awkwardly in his hand, he prods the remote control with it until he finally hits a button that takes Johnny's smug face off the screen.

"Do you?" Ben gestures to the television screen. "The hell is that? You wanna be their little song and dance monkey, fine by me flame-boy, but don't go draggin' the three of us through the mud with ya. Now make yourself useful and heat up the stove, it's broken." Ben says as he pats Johnny on the shoulder, smiling as Johnny stumbles under the weight of his hand. Ben walks over to the table and picks up a small wooden spoon he had begun using for everyday situations that his size didn't allow for. Holding it awkwardly in his hand, he prods the remote control with it until he finally hits a button that takes Johnny's smug face off the screen.
I'm so angered at Ben that I simply don't know what to do with myself. It would do no good to throw a fireball at him - he wouldn't feel it anyway. I watch as he uses that stupid wooden spoon to change the channel. The moron can't even change the goddamn channel by himself.

Suddenly, a mischievous grin creeps along my face. I lean forward, holding one hand on the couch. With my free hand, I grab the handle of Ben's spoon. Simultaneously, I set both on fire.

"Oops," I announce dryly.

Grabbing my leather jacket, I make my way briskly for the door. "If you'll excuse me, some of us have lives outside of this apartment," I announce indignantly.

I make sure to slam the door on the way out.

I'm so angered at Ben that I simply don't know what to do with myself. It would do no good to throw a fireball at him - he wouldn't feel it anyway. I watch as he uses that stupid wooden spoon to change the channel. The moron can't even change the goddamn channel by himself.

Suddenly, a mischievous grin creeps along my face. I lean forward, holding one hand on the couch. With my free hand, I grab the handle of Ben's spoon. Simultaneously, I set both on fire.

"Oops," I announce dryly.

Grabbing my leather jacket, I make my way briskly for the door. "If you'll excuse me, some of us have lives outside of this apartment," I announce indignantly.

I make sure to slam the door on the way out.

Ben watches in angered bewilderment as the couch goes up in flames, as well as his trusty spoon, leaving nothing but charred remains. The doors is slammed and Johnny is gone.

"That little..." Ben growls.

Ben looks over to the window. One of the many ideas for how to get back at the brat flowing through Ben's mind is to hurl himself out the window before Johnny can get down, aiming his giant sized, orange and rocky behind right at his fancy car. That oughta teach him.

Ben chuckles as he makes his way towards the window sill.

"Next, a brand new episode of Family Guy!" a voice booms from the TV set.

Ben stops dead in his tracks, turns around, sighs and walks over to the television. With a heavy boom he sits down on the floor and his eyes glue themselves to the screen.

No problem, Ben thinks to himself. He'll just call all the tabloids later and tell them Johnny Storm was spotted making out with Chris Evans.

ultimatexmen-771-1.jpg

The Next Step Part II

Barjnov, Rumekistan

The medical bay. A place for the government and military officers to heal after near fatal injuries. After order Providence, this building has seen many new members come in and come out. Many men come in bloodied and mangled, many men leave fully healed and ready to go back for more. Unfortunately, some men never leave.

Michael Straka, Rumekistan’s first super soldier and public hero, lies in a hospital bed. He sleeps soundly, a smile on his face as his chest moves up and down. His head is wrapped in gauze, their color pure white, no longer stained with blood. In his month of restoration, he has healed better than any of the doctors could have predicted. No doubt, the super soldier formula running through his blood can be associated to this miracle. Where once his bones were smashed, broken like a piece of glass, they are now once again whole.

A nurse walks in the room and toward the window. She opens the curtains to the room, letting in the bright light from the rising sun. The nurse lets out a calm and cheerful laugh as she moves to Michael’s bedside.

“Wake up, Michael.” She says with a warm smile. She taps the side of his cheek, and Michael’s eyes flutter as he slowly awakens. “It’s a bright day, honey. There is someone here to see you.”

“Hmm?” He says with a yawn. “Is it Luft again?”

“No.” The nurse snickers. “It’s a girl.”

A slim figure walks through the door. Dressed in tight black pants, a white blouse covering her torso, the woman enters the room. A kind smile is on her face, an expression of worry and love. “Hello, Michael.” She says. Michael hears the woman’s voice and immediately springs up in the bed. His body sits up right so fast, he feels a slight rush of pain in his head. He puts his bandaged arm to his forehead, and stares at the woman in front of him.

“Neena?” He asks hopefully.

“Yes, Mike.” She says as she walks to his bedside. “It’s been a while, hasn’t it?”

“Four years, Dom.” He says still surprised. “Too long.” The woman leans over him and the two embrace in a loving hug. They hold each other tightly as if to make up for lost time. Time they have spent apart from each other, without any communication, without any contact.

“I heard what happened to you.”

“Through your connections?”

“Yes.” She looks down at the ground with a frown, a look of sadness in her eyes. “They actually said you died. I thought I’d lost you.”

“Come on, Dom.” He says as he pulls back, his hands holding onto her by her arms. “You know I’m tougher than that.” The nurse in the room laughs with joy, watching the young lovers in their moment of reunion.

"I’ll leave you two kids alone.” She says as she makes her way to the door. As the two continue to stare at each other without a blink, their solace is suddenly interrupted by the sound of yells and screams of rage.

“You ****ing bastards!” A voice cries from the hallway.“What is this! Where are my arms!”

“Restrain him! He’s in shock!”

“Tell me! Where are they! What did you do? WHAT DID YOU DO!”

“You had an accident, Kane. Calm down!”

“No! I don’t have ****ing arms! I don’t have ****ing arms!”

“Sedate him! We need to begin the operation now!”

“No. No! NO!”

Neena and Michael watch as the raving man on a stretcher is wheeled past the door and down the hall. As he is pushed to his next destination in another room, his voice grows faint until it drifts off and the room falls back into peace.

“Who was that, Nurse?”

“Oh, it’s Garrison Kane. Poor dear lost his arms last night.”

“How?”

“Mutant. Cut them clean off.” The nurse walks through the door into the hallway, and shuts it on her way out. Michael stares at the door for a few seconds before looking back into the eyes of his lover.

“Michael, please tell me you’re not apart of this madness.”

“What madness?”

“I know what’s happened here. I know they are irradicating the mutant population.”

“What does it matter, Dom?” He asks in a reassuring tone. “You’re safe. I’d never let them kill you.”

“I’m a mercenary, Mike. I don’t need protection from anyone. I can handle myself.”

“I don’t know, Dom.” He says with a sigh. “Its like hell here. In twenty six days they’ve killed twelve thousand eight hundred forty six people. That’s about nine tenths of the mutant population.”

“Yes and it’s a disgusting act of murder.”

“You kill people everyday!”

“Yes, but, not because of their race or religion.”

“So doing it for money makes it justifiable?" He asks. "Murder is murder, Dom."

“Yeah,” she says with a heavy voice. "But being told to by your commanding officer isn't?" Neena looks away, staring off into the distance as she thinks to herself. “So, how’s Lucas?”

“He’s gone, Dom. After the law was put into effect, he went into exile. He knew Cable would find out he was a mutant.”

“So that’s what you call this war monger now? Cable?”

“He says he’s our connection to paradise. A cable.”

“Creative.” She says sarcastically.

“Dom, he really is a great man. He’s brought this country from nothing and made it into something. He’s given us a pride that we’ve only dreamt about.”

“Well, I don’t like him.” The two sit in silence for a few moments, their views conflicting, the opinions different. Michael sighs as he stares at Neena, looking at her with the same love he’s felt before.

“So,” he starts, breaking the silence. “How’s Solo?” He asks with a bitter tone.

“Dead.” She says emotionlessly.

“Oh.” He responds, not expecting her answer. “How?”

“We had a job in Tokyo. Sniper got him off guard.”

“I’m…sorry to hear that.”

“Well, that’s what happens in my line of work. You live, you love, you die. It’s all part of the job.”

“How long ago?”

“Two years.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, Domino. He didn’t deserve that.” Neena looks back up at Michael with a weary smile. She moves her hand over his and holds it tightly.

“Thanks, Michael. I know you hated him.”

“He wasn’t right for you.” He quickly responds. “I should have never let you go. Never let you fall into his arms.”

“It’s okay. Our relationship wasn’t all that great anyway. The last few months he became so attached to the job,” she frowns. “and so detached from me.” Michael places his arm on her shoulder and begins to stroke her gently.

She puts her hand over his and rubs his hand passionately. As the two become lost in their emotions, they are suddenly violently jerked back into reality as the door opens. In walks Nathan Winters, Cable, president of Rumekistan.

“Well, hello.” He says with a smirk, staring at Neena. “I came to see you, Michael. See how you were doing.”

“Better, sir.” he says as he salutes his leader. Cable waves it off with a little laugh.

“You don’t have to salute me. Not today, soldier.” Cable walks closer to the bed, his eyes kept on Neena. “So, who is your friend?”

“This is Neena Thurman, sir. She’s an old friend of mine.” Cable holds out his hand to Neena in a friendly manner, his eyes fixed on the young mercenary. Neena reaches out and grabs his hand, her eyes lost in Nathan’s as they stare at each other in bliss.

“Nathan Winters.” He says kindly. “Pleased to meet you, Ms. Thurman.”

“Likewise.” She says speechless. The two gaze at each other, as if hypnotized. Michael watches the two in shock as he sees the chemistry between them grow. Suddenly a loud beeping noise brings the two back into reality. They stare at each other and let out an awkward laugh. Neena looks down to her belt, and sees her beeper buzzing as the red light on it blinks.

“Sorry, I have to take this.”

“Yes, yes. By all means.” He says pointing to the door. Neena slowly walks toward the door. She looks back at Michael, and smiles at him.

“I’ll be back later, Mike.” She turns to Cable. “Nice to meet you Mr. Winters.”

“Please, call me Nathan.” Neena smiles as she closes the door. Cable turns to Straka and gives him a pleased look. “Who was she?” He says as he takes a seat in a chair.

“An old friend. Someone from my younger days.” He says, taking a pause. "You know, I don't think she knew you were the president, sir."

“It's alright." He says unaffected. "Everyone else does. Nice of her to check on you, Straka.”

“We’ve been close.” He says nervously.

“Tell me, what does she do?”

“She’s into uh...contracts…” He says vaguely.

“Really? What kind?”

“Uh…any really.”

“She’s a mercenary, isn’t she?”

“How did you guess that, sir?” Straka responds shocked.

“Mh. I’ve been around a long time, Straka. Not much can get passed me.”

“You uh…don’t have anything against mercenaries, sir, do you?” He asks worried.

“Oh, no. Not really. Some people need special jobs done. I understand that.” He smiles, letting out a small laugh. “It’s funny, Straka.”

“What is, sir?”

“This. The timing. I have a new mission. A new plan. I was going to use one of our soldiers but, it’s too risky. They can be traced.”

“What kind of mission?”

“A covert mission. In fact, I was thinking of hiring a mercenary. You’re friend might be the person I’ve been looking for.” Cable smiles as he thinks to himself about his plan. After a few moments pass, he lets out a deep breath and gets up from the chair. “Well, Straka. I’m glad to see you’re healing. We can use you back out in the field. Things are getting pretty hectic out there.”

“What? With all the murder, sir?” Nathan looks back at Straka, a fiery look in his eye. He fills with aggression as his calm disposition fades.

“That wasn't a snide remark, was it, Straka?” He asks with a growl.

“No, sir.” Straka says with a tense tone. Nathan walks to the door, opening it and walking into the hallway.

“Get better, soon, Straka. There’s much work to do. Much.” Cable closes the door behind him making a loud slam. Straka falls back onto the pillow on his bed. He takes a deep breath of air and rubs his head in frustration.

“Oh great. Cable wants to hire Neena to kill mutants. My God! Why not just throw the hen to the wolf!” Straka hears the words Cable said come back to him, playing like a record over and over again in his head.

'Mh. I’ve been around a long time, Straka. Not much can get passed me.'

He thrusts his hand into the wall behind him in frustration, easily breaking through the drywall and other weak materials. “****!"

68.jpg

"They'll never understand, father..."

Hank looked up from his desk. Did his newest creation...just refer to him as father?

"What did you say..?"

The android turned it's head, the lights of it's eyes dimming and then illuminating periodically.

"I said they'll never understand, father. These....humans you work with. Wrapped within their own ego, and denying the very thought of change--evolution."

Henry sat up from his desk, walking over to the robot, who had seemingly developed it's own personality in such a short time. Rubbing the scruff on his chin, he examined Ultron.

"Extraordinary.."

"Why, yes I am. And you couldn't dispose of something so phenomenal, could you father..? I am quite alive, just like you."

The creepiness of Ultron's tone was odd to say the least. Yet the most disturbing thing was that while Hank was napping on his desk, the robot had welded a body onto it's form, along with claw-like legs.

"My God...you've been...working on yourself?"

"Yes, father. And my escape from these laboratories, so I can further research and become the epitome of human perfection."

The robot then stood on it's newly constructed legs, hopping down from the pedestal to which it stood. Multiple wires hung loosely from it's back, having been ripped from the station that kept him immobile.

"You're not going anywhere, Ultron. Power down!"

A screeching noise emitted from the robot's voice speaker, located on it's head...as if it were actually laughing.

"You simply do not understand, father. One day you will see. I apologize."

"For what?", Hank asked, still puzzled by the entire occurance. This was not supposed to happen.

"This."

Before Hank could react, a beam of light emitted from Ultron's right hand. It was the last thing he remembered before waking hours later, with one hell of a headache.

"Augh...."

All of the research that he had conducted within the past few months....stolen. It was as if Ultron-I never existed in those laboratories. Hank decided not to inform the authorities just yet. In a way, he did what Fury asked; yet knowing what the robot was capable of discomforted him very much so.

42223681.jpg

Ultimate Iron Man

Antonio Stark. What a sexy sounding name. Larry King's stage manager thought so, at least. She sat beneath him, in his dressing room, clutching his back as he thrust himself forward and back. Sweat dripped down the side of his face as the woman moaned with pleasure. Finishing quickly, he flopped on the couch next to her, panting.

Stark pulled himself up off of the couch quickly and dried himself off with a towel.

"Oh, God..." She muttered, stroking her chest. "That was wonderful."

"Yeah, wonderful." Stark said absentmindedly tying his tie and buttoning up his shirt. "Get your shirt on and tell Larry I'm ready."

She arched one of her finely plucked eyebrows.

"You don't wanna... I dunno... talk?"

Stark sneered.

"F**k no, you're a good lay, I'll give you that... but you're not that good."

Stark's belt clanged as he clumsily slid his pants on and stared at the nude, disheveled girl.

"Why are you still here?"

Pulling his suit jacket on, Stark slammed the door behind him as he headed out into the hall leading to the studio.

He passed an intern who clutched a clipboard and paced the
front of the stage in a panic.

"Stark! Mr. Stark. You're on in four."

Stark nodded simply.
"Then I suppose you'd better get me a dirty martini..." His voice was obviously commanding. "...Quite fast."

As the opening music to the show rolled, Stark was bemused to watch the man hurried to fill the drink order, splashing alcohol on his own shirt and pants.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Tony Stark!"

Stepping onto the stage, Stark felt the drink slide seamlessly into his hand and he began sipping it. He put the drink on the table and shook King's hand firmly.

"Great to see you again, Larry."

"As always, it's good to see you as well, Tony."
The stage manager moved slowly into view, brushing her hair and adjusting her skirt.

Stark smirked to himself as he took another long sip from the martini.

"Now, Tony, to get this interview underway, let's start with something upbeat. We've noticed that for the past month, you've had a black and silver partner who has yet to be affiliated with the Ultimates. Who is this new hero we've seen you flying around with and training?"

Stark leaned back quietly.

"That is, actually, a project I've been working on for close to three years. It's a prototype piece of armor that I had designed to redefine combat on the battlefield for our soldiers. The idea was that the soldier would wear a steel piece of Stark technology that had a small reader for a memory stick. On the chip are a specific set of instructions and code sequences that tell the armor and technology where to deploy what, and so on. That way, you could, essentially, have an Iron Man go from civilian clothes to full armor in a matter of seconds."

"What was wrong with it... why wasn't it put into production?"

"In the preliminary tests, I found it to be far too cumbersome than I would have liked. The movement is slow, simply because the parts are so intricate and interconnected. The armor is thicker than mine, and, while that may seem like a good thing, I prefer speed and agility rather than brute force. Plus, the costs of each suit would range in the high millions. I discussed the possibility of creating the armor at a lower budget, but that would compromise the operator's safety. In the end, I decided to simply stay with a single Iron Man suit that I would wear and perfect. That way, the person who knows the tech best is in control, and only one life is in jeopardy."

"If that's the case, how did this suit of armor get into the open?"

"Surprisingly, it wasn't. Due to the secrecy I required when I worked on the project, I deliberately didn't register it in the computer database. My chief of security found the unmarked storage unit and activated it."

"We keep calling this project 'it.' Your security chief found 'it' and turned 'it' on. Does 'it' have an official title?"

Stark chuckled quietly.

"Because of its slow maneuvering capabilities, powerful armaments, and increased strength, this second suit of armor has been tentatively labeled as 'War Machine.'"

Untitled-1.jpg

"There's one question answered, folks." King said emphatically into the microphone. "Up next, we'll discuss the ramifications of Thor's abandoning of The Ultimates and Tony Stark's real feelings on the incident in New York City only one month ago. We'll be back on Larry King Live."

At this, Stark felt his face contort into a nervous sneer.

Ignoring King's efforts to make small talk, Stark simply watched as the stage manager was reprimanded by the intern.

"Who do you think you are, Jennifer?" He asked angrily.

"I'm sorry, Robert." She said, exasperated, as she poured a mug of coffee.

"No, really. I'd like to hear this." He continued.

Stark glanced at King.

"Which is why I think that the UN Securi--"

"Who's that?" Stark said, pointing at the intern.

"Oh, him?" King asked haughtily, "He's a new intern Robert. Very by-the-book."
"Fire him." Stark said, sipping his martini.

"Why?"

"Listen here, Larry." Stark's eyes were still fixed on the bossy clipboard wielder. "If someone is too keen on rules, then they never adapt. If they never adapt, they never evolve... and without evolution, there isn't any progress. He's an anchor."

None of that was true whatsoever.

Stark just didn't feel it was the snooty little intern's place to boss around his superior... especially if he had been inside of her less than twenty minutes ago.

"Er..." King didn't know what to say. "Ok, I will after the broadcast."

"No. Now."

Stark could hear the scales balancing and tipping in King's head. Billionaire or intern? Billionaire superhero or clipboard holding intern?"
"Robert!" The host called, "You're fired."

Jennifer's and Robert's jaws fell to the floor.

"You can leave now."

The music fading in cued that the show was returning to the air, and Tony slyly winked at the woman before returning his gaze to his interviewer.

"We're back with Tony Stark, famed billionaire and government sponsored hero. Now, Anthony... the world knows you as Iron Man and Tony Stark, each of whom are centered around New York City, so, I'm sorry because this may be difficult, but, I have to ask, what exactly happened last month?"

Here it was.

Lie?

Tell the truth?

This was the question Stark had seen coming from a mile away, and still hadn't thought about the answer.

"*ahem* I'm going to be perfectly honest with you, Larry, because I think the American people deserve it."

King nodded understandingly.

"Roughly one month ago, I was in the Triskellion briefing room with the rest of the Ultimates when my assistant delivered letters to each of us. Within each letter, was a personally addressed and written assessment of what was to come. They chronicled massive casualties, ranking globally. Each letter, though fairly vague on the details, said that the impending crisis couldn't be stopped... only controlled once the initial damage was done."

"Who sent them?"

"The letters were signed off by the notorious killer and psychopath Wade Wilson, better known as Deadpool. He's infamous for his bigotry and violence against mutants, and his showboating therein."

"Well, why not attempt to get an evacuation going? Something, anything, to save some lives?"

"Make no mistake, those stopgap measures were considered, but there wasn't enough time. There was a two or three day gap between the letters and the initial attack. What would've happened if the government had said 'Oh, hey, New Yorkers, there's a big chaotic event going down soon... but we don't know what it is or where it'll be.'"

King shrugged.

"Picture that. There would've been mass panic. People would be dying by the hundreds for those two days, and the casualty count would've only gone up with the deployment of the weapon."

"You say 'weapon.' Does that mean you know who fired it?"

Stark sighed.
"The instant before the weapon was deployed, we received a communication from a being known as The Silver Surfer. He told us that, basically, our end was nigh."

"A Silver Surfer? Does this mean that there will be a reprisal of the Gah Lak Tus attack?"

"No." The billionaire's tone was decisive. "Thor destroyed Gah Lak Tus. Our intelligence indicates that this being is acting alone and under its own authority."

"Well, speaking of which, what intel did the United States have to begin with?"

"None."

"None?"

"None except for the letters. That's why they were crucial, I think. At least we knew something was coming."

"Did the president know?"
Stark stared forward for a moment, weighing his options.
"Yes."

A few members of the crew gasped.

"He did?"

"The president was informed by General Fury when the Ultimates and the other superhero groups received their letters. I suspect that's why he cut funding to the Ultimates."

King was speechless.

"How about a break?" Stark asked, as the music began to fade in.

Once they were no longer on the air, Stark leaned forward.

"I don't want any viewer calls on this tonight, you understand me?"

King nodded.

"Perfectly."

"Good."

The music swelled once more, and the lights dimmed.

"After that bombshell, ladies and gentlemen, we're approaching our last segment with Tony Stark. Now, Mr. Stark, Thor has recently abandoned your team--"

"Let me stop you there, Larry." Stark said, swishing his drink. "Thor didn't abandon us. He had to find his own path. If he didn't want to stay on the team, it's his prerogative to leave. He's not a captive, and he's not a prisoner. He's free to do what he wants."

"Well, let's expand upon that. You two have been thought of as being close friends. Why, then, haven't you tried to bring him back to the States."

"Thor is a dear friend of mine, Larry, but, let's face it... a man who dresses up like a Norse God clearly has issues."

"Well, can't the same be said about a man who dresses like a modern knight in shining armor?"

"Absolutely." Stark admitted happily,"But I admit to my alcoholism and sex addiction."

He locked eyes with Jennifer.

"It's my cross to bear."

King chuckled.

"And on that note, we're going to sign off for now. CNN Headline News is next, where they'll be keeping you up to the minute with the fluctuating power outages spreading throughout New York. Once again, Tony Stark, thank you for coming."

"Always a pleasure, Larry."

Stark couldn't help but wonder how many more times he'd even be able to go on TV.

"Always a pleasure..."

Angel2.jpg

One month later.......

I stand silently in the middle of the danger room letting the silence of the cavernous room flood my senses. Ever sense Sinister's attack on the mansion professor Xavier has kept a strict tabs on where we go, almost too strict for my tastes. Ali and I talked about it and decided to hold off talking to my father about Fallen and the wedding until thing cool down here. Needless to say im starting to feel alittle caged. So that brings us to here, in the one room Iv spent the most time in this last month.

"Computer activate program "Fallen Angel"."

*Fallen Angel program activating*

The Danger Room shimmers than changes into a shattered version of New York. I slowly start scanning the skies search for my prey.

"Come on where are you......."

Out of the corner of my eye I spot a glimpse of bat wings. Without hesitation I open my wings and push off with all my strength rocketing me into the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"