The Ultimate Marvel RPG Vol. 2: New World Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Thanks for the approval on Spidey. I think all of the applications were all great. The decision couldn't have been easy.

I do have a request, though (and I fully expect the answer to be "no."). Is there any way (any way at all) we could make it possible for me to the arc involving The Suit and Eddie Brock? I literally have no idea how we could do it, but the Black Suit saga is an arc I've wanted to do for, y'know, forever. The one thing I don't want to do is go all the way back to the arc in USM, basically totally going right back to the start of the character. Methinks that'd be a bad idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :yay:

Go rewatch Spider-Man 3 *Rimshot*

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

On second thought, I think I'm going to take leave from this RPG until I finish up some stuff in the other games. I have enough characters as it is. Best of luck to you guys.
.....well ****.

EB, you're approved.
Am I approved as Iron Man?
yes.

Damn, I want an IC thread now. /impatient as hell.
Will be up tomorrow.

I'm not in the mood to start Jessica over from scratch.
Neither am I with Anton. Maybe we should change the cutoff point from the comic's Clone Saga to Vol.1's Clone Saga.

Thanks for the approval on Spidey. I think all of the applications were all great. The decision couldn't have been easy.

I do have a request, though (and I fully expect the answer to be "no."). Is there any way (any way at all) we could make it possible for me to the arc involving The Suit and Eddie Brock? I literally have no idea how we could do it, but the Black Suit saga is an arc I've wanted to do for, y'know, forever. The one thing I don't want to do is go all the way back to the arc in USM, basically totally going right back to the start of the character. Methinks that'd be a bad idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :yay:
Nope but theres nothing stopping you from doing Venom's return.

You know, you could just say Tarantula didn't die...that he was injured and escaped or SHIELD found him.

ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG VOL.2 SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name: Thor Odinson

Character you would like to play: Ultimate Thor

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English: He claims to be the Norse god of thunder but he is probably just a crazy guy. He wears a belt of strength and has an electric hammer.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:
1. He's as crazy as hell.
2. He's powerful
3. Look at my user name.

What can you bring to this game? '
a rookie who is eager to learn and have a fun time.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?
yes.

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialogue:
They think I’m Crazy. But I’m not! They Think I am Thorleif Golmen, But I realize that I am really Thor, God of Thunder. This is all the Work of Loki. Are they too dumb too see my power? How Dare they deny My Godhood?
I sit here Shackled In chains and I Dream- I dream of Smashing sense into Nick Fury and his Ultimates. Make them Pay for locking up the god of Thunder!
Father Odin! If you hear me, Please punish these mortals for there audacity! I am you son! My Father, My Father why have you abandoned me?. I am a god and they claim that I am a man, a criminal, that I am a worm, not even a man, and they lock me up,. They have used Magic to strip me of my power! Revenge me, Father!
“well, Your Godship, What should I get you? A nice cup of Gruel Perhaps?”
It’s one of the foolish guards.
I grind my teeth and whisper:
“Go back to Hella, Whelp”
He laughs at me.
“Sure, Crazy, I’ll Go to her soon, Ok. Here’s your Stew.”
He called me Crazy. But I am not. I am Thor!

Or am I?

I might apply for a second charachter, a Villian if theres not at least a good amount of villians sighned up by sunday!

Last edited:
Not to make anyone lose their **** and threaten to quit, but...

What does it matter if MM re-does the Black Suit arc? I mean, he's playing Spidey. Ain't no one picking up Eddie Brock, Venom, Carnage or anyone. The story didn't affect the greater UMU.

So. Uhm. Huh?

Not to make anyone lose their **** and threaten to quit, but...

What does it matter if MM re-does the Black Suit arc? I mean, he's playing Spidey. Ain't no one picking up Eddie Brock, Venom, Carnage or anyone. The story didn't affect the greater UMU.

So. Uhm. Huh?

Uh... correct me if I'm wrong, but only one person said something relatively serious about it. And he understood and left it alone a post later. :huh:

Uh... correct me if I'm wrong, but only one person said something relatively serious about it. And he understood and left it alone a post later. :huh:

Well, uhm..you're wrong.

MM asked, V160 said no. MM hasn't replied to that no, other than telling me over MSN why he thinks it should be allowed.

I'm just sayin'..

I am simply going by the cut off points that has been established. The black suit arc is part of that established story. I don't think it's right to cut out a specific arc just because someone wants to go back and redo it.

I am simply going by the cut off points that has been established. The black suit arc is part of that established story. I don't think it's right to cut out a specific arc just because someone wants to go back and redo it.

Thus, the BBMF in charge has spoken.

*bows*

Fair enough. I merely thought that since the game hasn't started yet, that particular cut-off point could be adjusted, since it doesn't affect anyone other than the player writing Spidey. But still, you're GM and it's fair ruling.

Fair enough. I merely thought that since the game hasn't started yet, that particular cut-off point could be adjusted, since it doesn't affect anyone other than the player writing Spidey. But still, you're GM and it's fair ruling.
Yes but what about if someone comes along wanting to play Venom or Carnage? They would have to go back and read SSF's custom arc. Wasn't that the point of this reboot? To eliminate the need of having to go back read previous rpg arcs to play a character?

Yes but what about if someone comes along wanting to play Venom or Carnage? They would have to go back and read SSF's custom arc. Wasn't that the point of this reboot? To eliminate the need of having to go back read previous rpg arcs to play a character?

True.

Then again, that could be said about everyone's characters two days into the game. Whatever I do with Captain America, the next person to play him will have to read up on him/ask what's been done.

But, I'm just arguing semantics. I don't disagree with you on any particular point.

I understand and I'm not trying to start any ****. I just defending my decision. I don't think it's a valid reason to rewrite cutoffs that were agreed upon before this reboot happened.

I understand and I'm not trying to start any ****. I just defending my decision. I don't think it's a valid reason to rewrite cutoffs that were agreed upon before this reboot happened.

Oh, totally. No resentment on my part.

I have to agree with V160. We all have arcs that we dream of doing, but sometimes the logistics simply aren't possible. And, for what it's worth, I was toying with the idea of playing Venom - especially now that the Thor temptation is off the table.

If I may, why doesn't he do a sequel or do his own version of War of the Symbiotes in which Peter once again gains the Black Suit? At the very least, he can do a flashback of some sort that, while faithful to the original story, can be slightly (and I mean slightly) altered, can he not? Spider-Man9x17 did his own story where Peter was once again in possession of the suit in a string of events that was orchestrated by Harry Osborn. He can do something like that too.

If I may, why doesn't he do a sequel or do his own version of War of the Symbiotes in which Peter once again gains the Black Suit? At the very least, he can do a flashback of some sort that, while faithful to the original story, can be slightly (and I mean slightly) altered, can he not? Spider-Man9x17 did his own story where Peter was once again in possession of the suit in a string of events that was orchestrated by Harry Osborn. He can do something like that too.
I hope he does do his own War of the Symbiotes. It would sure justify picking up Venom. :hehe:

I hope he does do his own War of the Symbiotes. It would sure justify picking up Venom. :hehe:
If I'm not mistaken, Spider-Man accidentally regains the black suit in the story right? At least until the Ultimates came into the picture? I don't see why that, in his own version, he simply has Peter in possession of the suit longer than the comics version to write whatever means he wanted accomplished, before finishing the story with Eddie getting it back and there being a huge fight between the two of them and Gwarnage that results in the suit merging with the Carnage suit, which would result in A) Venom gaining the Spider-symbol like the game, or B) Him becoming a big, huge, weird-eyed monster like the comics

Not to mention the fact that Spider-man9x17 did a story with the black suit in Season I of this rpg which was after the Venom cut off in USM. No need to go back and rewrite established continuity for the sake of rewriting it simply because one person wants to. It's an RPG. Do the stories you want, just make them make sense in current continuity and it'll fit alright.

Peter only had the black suit for five minutes in the Venom arc anyway. Not like you're rehashing old stuff that much. Keep in mind, I'm not a fan of this idea (if you didn't know already.) But I'm not Spider-Man, so it's not my say what is done with him. But I am a member of the RPG which means I'll always rule on the side of continuity. :up:

Hurm. Venom or Colonel Abdul al-Rahman. Colonel Abdul al-Rahman or Venom. Decisions, decisions.

If Eddie goes to college and will be there in a few seasons...I say go Venom. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"