BvS The Unabashed SPOILER Thread. ENTER AT OWN RISK. - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bruce doesn't care about the warning, preferring to just eradicate the possibility of that Knightmare in general by killing Superman

I still have a hard time believing Superman wouldn't tell Batman about Martha before or during the fight.

Also, why would Superman call his mother "Martha" and not Mom?

Dunno, some things seems forced or contrived.

Same reason any superhero would refer to someone important to them by name when in costume, to avoid the possibility of their rival to find out their identity.

Does Bruce already know he's Clark Kent at that point?

Probably not, and if he does, he may not have revealed to Superman that he does.

Basically, bruce is a raging ahole in this who doesn't let clark explain the situation.

Then batman saves Martha and saves the earth from injustice superman. You sure Goyer didn't write this?

In the alternative time line Superman turns Evil because his mother died, that means that Batman does not kill him with the spear and likely wounds him.

Basically, bruce is a raging ahole in this who doesn't line clark explain the situation.

Then batman saves Martha and saves the earth from injustice superman. You sure Goyer didn't write this?

Things are not matching up, are they?

Supes has time to explain things...clearly he does. My guess is Bats is just so rude to him And aggressive that he just says "forget this" and tries to end the fight quickly. Bats then brings out Kryptonite and Supes has to fight to survive so he can save Martha....then as he's about to die, he says the stuff which changes Bruce's mind.

I hope they build up Martha Wayne's importance...or at least the importance of mothers for Bruce.

Last edited:
I guess Bruce didn't want another mother named Martha to die. He felt Clarks pain and wanted to help.

In the alternative time line Superman turns Evil because his mother died, that means that Batman does not kill him with the spear and likely wounds him.

I'm guessing in the alternate timeline, Bats shows mercy at the last minute like but ignores the name Martha and doesn't rescue her. Or Supes turns the tables, wins but isn't in time to save Martha.

I knew it, the way they fight makes no sense. I knew Luthor would've manipulated them both, but I didn't think it would be so obvious as kidnapping Ma Kent.

I wonder if the knightmares of his parents are also visions? I bet they are....visions so he will remember his pain when faced with Clark's. I bet the knightmares started after Zod's invasion.

Seems like a cheap way out, doesn't it?

It does. I was hoping the conflict was instigated because either Bruce wanted to get rid of Clark, or Clark didn't approve of Batman. All this does is make Batman and Superman look like they're Luthor's toys. The manipulation could have been a lot more subtle.

The idea of Batman bonding with Superman because their mothers name is Martha is fantastic. But I don't think Batman wants to save her because she is called Martha, but because in that moment I think, at the brink of becoming the monster he loathed, is when he snaps and realizes what Batman really stands for. He wanted to fight injustice so others wouldn't lose their parents.

At least that's how I see it.

Still, the way the fight sounds doesn't seem too credible. I mean, why did they set up all that about Superman not liking Batman methods, if the reason he fights him is because he is forced by Luthor? And why would Superman accept so easily?

The idea of Batman bonding with Superman because their mothers name is Martha is fantastic. But I don't think Batman wants to save her because she is called Martha, but because in that moment I think, at the brink of becoming the monster he loathed, is when he snaps and realizes what Batman really stands for. He wanted to fight injustice so others wouldn't lose their parents.

At least that's how I see it.

Thats a great way of thinking. Really like that outlook!

Thats a great way of thinking. Really like that outlook!

I think that could be the moment where he realizes Superman is much more human than he thought. He realizes that Superman is someone like him, who cares about human beings in a very personal way, because he has a mother and he doesn't want to loser her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"