The unEDUCATED DC Boards Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dunno, i'm like that with video games for the most part. i'll really enjoy one, and then not play another one for a year. my x-box exists mostly for superhero movie games.

When I find a writer I like I usually try to give his other novels a shot. Sometime's it's worth it...Other times, not so much. But I rather know for sure than just focus on that one thing I like without something else to compare it too... I mean, what if the novel I love so much is his ***ttiest piece of work? I'd be missing out on all the good ****.

that's what Darth is talking about

Yeah, but Darth is insane!

i dunno, i'm like that with video games for the most part. i'll really enjoy one, and then not play another one for a year. my x-box exists mostly for superhero movie games.

You...might have other problems then.

I can actually understand for games honestly. They just take up so much time really.

As am I... I love Halo, I'm good at Halo... People always ask why I don't play COD. The thought never crossed my mind, because I love Halo. I did try it a couple times though...I sucked.

When I find a writer I like I usually try to give his other novels a shot. Sometime's it's worth it...Other times, not so much. But I rather know for sure than just focus on that one thing I like without something else to compare it too... I mean, what if the novel I love so much is his ***ttiest piece of work? I'd be missing out on all the good ****.

And another thing is that when it's from people who do it in other things. Like this guy I'm talking, just discovered an author a year back, and tore through several of his books after reading just one. And he loved this comic, but he doesn't even want to give a shot to anything else, including her other works?

As am I... I love Halo, I'm good at Halo... People always ask why I don't play COD. The thought never crossed my mind, because I love Halo. I did try it a couple times though...I sucked.

Well, at least you tried it out. I'm mostly talking about people who try one thing, and never give anything else a chance. If they at least try some things out, and find it not to their liking, fair enough.

And another thing is that when it's from people who do it in other things. Like this guy I'm talking, just discovered an author a year back, and tore through several of his books after reading just one. And he loved this comic, but he doesn't even want to give a shot to anything else, including her other works?

cuz comics are for nerds!!!!:cmad:

How could you be good at Halo and not COD? It's all just shooting at mofo's. Did the buttons trip you up?

sadly yes...getting into comics is like smoking...if you haven't started by a certain age, chances of you picking up the habit are damn slim

How could you be good at Halo and not COD? It's all just shooting at mofo's. Did the buttons trip you up?

That's exactly what it is. I've just become to set in my ways... Back when I was like 19 and not working, my friends would come over and we'd play for about 5 hours, every night for I don't know how long...About a year I think.

Then I heard about this COD stuff, but never actually bought the game. I went over to my buddy's house and he got me to try it...Everything was weird. Most people I know can only play one or the other...If they play one for too long, their skills in the other suffer.

Besides... Reach is about to come out and it has ****ing jetpacks. Which is one step closer to hover boards as far as I'm concerned.

and you want this why?
i enjoy the movies, the mythology they set up, and the games act as an extension and expansion of that. for example with spiderman you got two goblins, doc ock, sandman and venom. i got all that plus the vulture, mysterio, shocker, black cat, scorpion, the lizard, kraven and kingpin.

I don't have that problem. I can play anything. FPS being the easiest cuz, even if the buttons are different, once you figure it out, it's all just point and shoot. Killzone, Halo, Fallout, COD, MOH, eh.

I could see that being a problem for fighting games. Going from Mortal Kombat to Tekken is extremely jarring.

i enjoy the movies, the mythology they set up, and the games act as an extension and expansion of that. for example with spiderman you got two goblins, doc ock, sandman and venom. i got all that plus the vulture, mysterio, shocker, black cat, scorpion, the lizard, kraven and kingpin.

But...they bad :(

I think I'm just a creature of habit when it comes to video games... For the longest time, I'd only play Tekken. Nothing else. I guess I can blame my parents for this, they never bought me and my brother any type of system until 1998, and even then they barely ever got us games.

But...they bad :(
but, since i don't care about gameplay i tend not to care, it's about the expanding the story for me. although spiderman 3 was so bad i almost gave up on it. i didn't understand why you hate quicktime events until i played that game last week. before that my main experience with them was heavy rain, which was awesome.

I think I'm just a creature of habit when it comes to video games... For the longest time, I'd only play Tekken. Nothing else. I guess I can blame my parents for this, they never bought me and my brother any type of system until 1998, and even then they barely ever got us games.

That's a form of child abuse. :eek:

Well, you're an adult now. Got your own money. Get yourself a Gamefly account and try some s**t out. I used to only play RPG's, now I'll play just about anything.

I can't really complain... Where they failed me in the video game area, they made up for in the action figure area. Whatever toy I wanted I got. And I never had to share, because my sister played with dolls and focused on being a ***** and my brother had very different action figure tastes.

So now my 360 is basically used for Netflix streaming and Halo...And Marvel vs. Capcom 3 when I'm bored.

I can't really complain... Where they failed me in the video game area, they made up for in the action figure area. Whatever toy I wanted I got. And I never had to share, because my sister played with dolls and focused on being a ***** and my brother had very different action figure tastes.

So now my 360 is basically used for Netflix streaming and Halo...And Marvel vs. Capcom 3 when I'm bored.

same here mostly....pop in AC2 and RDR on occasion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monoxdifly
Back