The unESCABLE DC Boards Lounge 9.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 99.99% positive Flash in Spider-Man 1 was that Joe Manganello *****e from True Blood and How I Met Your Mother.

Haha, I get the 2 confused every. time.

Also, I highly recommend Spartacus. Unless you're offended by bloody battles and lots of nudity.

When I visit to New York in a couple of weeks, I am so doing this...

Cp6ft.gif

after the holidays i am going to just order subscriptions for my comics straight from the publishers. i wanted to keep buying them at the local comic shop, but the service is sub par and i get angry every time i go in there. i mean, my pull list is 4 comics...i go in there today and ask for it, he puts down 1 issue, i go to the rack and pull at least one back issue from every title they forgot to get for me. you don't want to pull the comics for me? that's fine too, but don't lie to me and tell me that you're going to provide a service that you aren't going to deliver on.

i got a batman and detective comics subscription from DC once

it was the worst mistake I ever made

issues showed up weeks late crumpled up and stuff

i used to have subscriptions to batman and green lantern, never really had an issue. they do tend to get rolled up and show up a few days after they hit the stands, but i'm getting the books to read them, so i don't mind.

But I like going to the Comic Shop mainly for the plethora of other things like T-Shirts and Action Figures and stuff. Not to mention being able to browse titles I might not buy at first glance. My usual trip to the shop which is usually once every two month these days has me picking up all my pulls plus 3 or 4 titles I want to try and an oddball purchase like a Minimate. Plus it gives me an excuse to go out for a walk.

i hate going to this shop. outside of comics it seems to only deal in magic the gathering and D&D style games. many of it's patrons seem subhuman.

i hate going to this shop. outside of comics it seems to only deal in magic the gathering and D&D style games. many of it's patrons seem subhuman.

I've...noticed that about the old-school gaming community. I recently got into Tabletop Miniatures as a painting hobby but playing a game with the other guys seems a tad bit...Well to put it mildly they seem very hostile towards newcomers.

My Shop is thankfully a solid Comic books and comics-related merch place, and is pretty much THE shop which holds artist signings and such. Biggest bummer for me was they had a tough time bringing in Independent titles and they don't have an extensive back-issues catalogue. I've never had a major issue with them otherwise.

I love my local store.

It's f***ing Diamond that is the problem in my case.

I love my shop, it's awesome.

my shop is very clean with lots of windows and open space and comfortable armchairs

not your usual sweaty mancave

those ones make me sick and nervous

I'd love to open my own shop. It'd be rough in this economic climate but I'd like to.

that's the sorta thing you do after you find yourself independently wealthy.

If I ever become wealthy, there's no way in hell I'm going to ti myself down to one place just to own a comic shop.

Well, that's you.

Some have lesser dreams. I wanna bang a tranny of every race. :o

i want a lemur who dresses in suits to match my own. also he will eventually develop liver damage because he's going to try to keep up with my drinking, so a second lemur to farm parts from for the first one.

i want a lemur who dresses in suits to match my own. also he will eventually develop liver damage because he's going to try to keep up with my drinking, so a second lemur to farm parts from for the first one.

Gonna have to be a blood relative. May as well grab the whole family.

Superman is having his cousin and his dog try to shave him using x ray vision

Suddenly the stuff I do when I'm drunk doesnt seem so ridiculous

But I like going to the Comic Shop mainly for the plethora of other things like T-Shirts and Action Figures and stuff. Not to mention being able to browse titles I might not buy at first glance. My usual trip to the shop which is usually once every two month these days has me picking up all my pulls plus 3 or 4 titles I want to try and an oddball purchase like a Minimate. Plus it gives me an excuse to go out for a walk.

I like going to my comic store too :)

The people there are really friendly and I love browsing the comics and trades and all the neat toys they have there as well as having dvd's and fun stuff like the heroclix toys from DC. got myself some of the new Marvel figures there this week they're really well made

My girlfriend keeps making my Mr Sinister figure grope my Gambit one though

I feel their plastic eyes judging me :ninja:

Gonna have to be a blood relative. May as well grab the whole family.

That's some sound reasoning there 'Nubsy :up:

lixdexia said:

Give it a little hat and a monocle too Lix :atp:

well he wears what i wear, so when i go to the opera he'll have those things.

i'm finally playing mass effect...it's pretty awesome.

well he wears what i wear, so when i go to the opera he'll have those things.

This is as things should be :up:

i'm finally playing mass effect...it's pretty awesome.

I loves the Mass Effect games with all of my love

Great story, great characters and any game that lets me play as a kick ass lesbian in spaaaaaceeee is one I'mma play the hell out of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"