The unESCABLE DC Boards Lounge 9.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, just got back from it, and wow. I had some high hopes, and was starting to get worried due to the weak reviews, but it is good. The action is ridiculous, RIDICULOUS! It's like all the action not in SR was here, plus interest, plus a free helping just for good measure. I had some issues with it, the biggest one being the wonky, whiplash pace of the whole affair, but overall, them critics be crazy: It's the Superman film we've been waiting for.

i don't feel emotionally attached to any of the characters

cavill's superman is a stranger to me still

Yeah, I can see that. The pace of it was so whiplash, that the characters didn't get their full time to shine. But I thought what they did get, pretty much everyone did ace.

The pace of the film came from it essentially being two stories, beginning with Jor-El then transitioning to Clark, because Zod was not a villain that was tied directly to Clark's journey.

Nah, that's not what I'm talking about. Everything, from start to finish, happened at such a shift, breakneck speed, it made the pace of everything fly by.

Nah, that's not what I'm talking about. Everything, from start to finish, happened at such a shift, breakneck speed, it made the pace of everything fly by.

I didn't feel that at all. The first 15 or so minutes the film doesn't let up, and then becomes much slower. Then the rest of the film is peppered with huge rapid action sequences that often aren't built up to or don't have winding down conclusions.

I think the editing might be the biggest problem of the film. Second would be the main character moments for Clark are short expositionary scenes.

I don't think I'd describe a single moment in that movie as slow, everything felt kind of machine gun to me.

Also, on another note, this place has really died, huh? Not just the Lounge, but the whole Hype. The movies and community forums seem pretty active, but the game ones don't seem to get as much traffic, and the comics section barely has a pulse.

Last edited:
It probably won't if you intend on watching Cook or Effy's episodes.

Saw Man of Steel a couple of hours ago. The opening scenes really made me wish Snyder and Nolan would just produce a movie solely focused on the last days of Krypton because their vision of that world was so...unique.

After that the movie becomes weirdly paced. I think its the flashbacks. They come and go without notice, to me breaks the flow of the movie. The action is top-notch and Shannon as Zod is an inspired choice. He plays the role of a warrior willing to do anything to create his version of civilization. His dialogue, his manner are perfect to me.

The only casting that felt flat were probably the Kents. Both Diane Lane and Kevin Costner felt pretty...lifeless in the role though Kevin Costner had one of the best moments in the film.

And who the heck played Faora? She was hot!

Yeah, it was pretty good. That last hour or so was just non stop action and I gotta say, I dug the s**t outta it.

My favorite action scene was when Zod was used to plow some cornfields.

I really wished they tried to put in the famous "Kneel before Zod" line into the movie but considering how Zod in this movie is more of a hawkish wayward patriot than egotistical conqueror, it wouldn't be in keeping with Shannon's portrayal.

I think my favorite moment of the entire movie was Clark Kent in The Daily Planet. I'm not sure why, but that entire last little montage brought the biggest smile to my face.

we liked faora, so hot

and that guy trying to push superman in the bar

Yeah, just got back from it, and wow. I had some high hopes, and was starting to get worried due to the weak reviews, but it is good. The action is ridiculous, RIDICULOUS! It's like all the action not in SR was here, plus interest, plus a free helping just for good measure. I had some issues with it, the biggest one being the wonky, whiplash pace of the whole affair, but overall, them critics be crazy: It's the Superman film we've been waiting for.

wow, you came back while i was gone? :eek:

MoS was great. going again tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"