The unOFFICIAL DC Boards Lounge (with pics and beer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whad ya do? Call 'im from a walkie talkie?

.... I miss Chris Farley :(

Congratulations, you've made it to page two.

Report, report, we got an unidentified bogey.

I'm still not joining your dumb ass group. :lmao:
When'd you turn into such a dick? I remember a time when you, Leaguer, and Darth all had, like, productive things to say about stuff.

When'd you turn into such a dick? I remember a time when you, Leaguer, and Darth all had, like, productive things to say about stuff.

i was always a dick, but 1st, the :lmao: is because the whole irony of me keep saying i wont join, is that every body on it hates me and i was never invited, thats the joke. and 2. I stoped saying productive things here because leaguer and darth just made fun of every one who didnt agree with them and scared every one away. now its a place to ***** about DC. I still enjoy 90% of what i read. and its still 100% better than marvel, but if i want to serously talk about dc with real dc fans i dont do it here.

:hoboj:

Well, I'm still a DC fan, I still believe it's at least 80% better than Marvel, and I definitely enjoy 90% of what I read. That's why I'm still reading.

i was always a dick, but 1st, the :lmao: is because the whole irony of me keep saying i wont join, is that every body on it hates me and i was never invited, thats the joke. and 2. I stoped saying productive things here because leaguer and darth just made fun of every one who didnt agree with them and scared every one away. now its a place to ***** about DC. I still enjoy 90% of what i read. and its still 100% better than marvel, but if i want to serously talk about dc with real dc fans i dont do it here.

:hoboj:

I enjoy 100% of what I read from DC, you know why? Because I don't read crap.:up:

And we didn't drive people away AssAss, this place has never been as trafficked as the Marvel forum.

See, I think this has become a rarity on these boards. As much as we all *****, we still keep buyign DC books because we still enjoy them. I think we take it for granted a lot of the time. When's the last time DC truly f'd us in the ass with a story? Maybe Bart dieing? Hal turning evil was probably the biggest. But look what great things have come from that. It's good to be a DC fan boys.

anyone checked out the TDK boards today? Man, those guys are starting to get very very desperate for news. Worse than the Iron Man fans.

See, I think this has become a rarity on these boards. As much as we all *****, we still keep buyign DC books because we still enjoy them. I think we take it for granted a lot of the time. When's the last time DC truly f'd us in the ass with a story? Maybe Bart dieing? Hal turning evil was probably the biggest. But look what great things have come from that. It's good to be a DC fan boys.

I think most of the DC books in the ****ter. I mean, Checkmate and Blue Beetle are my two favorite and most anticipated titles every month. I love those books, but I really wish sometimes it was Superman or batman that I had that anticipation for.

I went from a period of adding a new DC book to my pull list pretty much every week a few years ago to pretty much dropping one each week nowadays. However, I've found that the amount of DC stuff I eagerly await each week is increasing with Dixon's triumphant return to Outsiders and Robin, and the new guy on Superman/Batman.

I feel like Superman is almost a lost cause. Honestly, how can anyone walk in from the street, pick up an issue of superman and know what the hell is going on. Now, Batman is pretty bad too but Detective Comics in the last year has had pretty solid stories. Both are too deep in their continuity for their own good. And it's not like any of the stories are worth reading anyway.

But that's probably just the effect of the sweat shop comic book industry. I mean, a monthly title is hard enough to write anyway I can imagine, and now all this pressure of books coming out 3 or 4 times a month. They are definatley sacrificing quality for quantity.

But then again, Geoff Johns manages to put out great stories at the rate so I don't know who to blame.

I feel like Superman is almost a lost cause. Honestly, how can anyone walk in from the street, pick up an issue of superman and know what the hell is going on.
The frustrating thing is that it wasn't long ago when Superman had a wonderfully tight continuity while maintaining a fundamentally reader-friendly approach, especially with a weekly format that kept readers hooked in. Fortunately, it sounds like that's finally gonna be coming back here in the latter of 2008. I'm starting to feel like the latter half of 2008 is going to be DiDio stops being DiDio, and DC becomes what it was a couple years ago.

Here's hoping. I've actually been too afraid to pick up Superman, due to its odd sense of continuity.

I'm starting to feel like the latter half of 2008 is going to be DiDio stops being DiDio, and DC becomes what it was a couple years ago.

THe wierd thing about Didio is that whenever he talks on like a special feature of a dvd or a con, he sounds like a great guy who loves comics but then as editor, he makes the most bizzare choices i've ever heard of.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. The thing is, for so many years he was good for DC (2002-2006ish). I have to say, what really hurt DC was the OYL jump. So much of what happened later (Amazons Attack, even Countdown's slowness and boringness) would have been forgiven or less painful, if the OYL jump hadn't basically taken a near-perfect line of books with a tight continuity and turned them into sloppy, spotty books with messy, cluster****ed continuity.

action comics, green lantern/GLC, jsa and outsiders are the best books out there now. sometimes i cant wait to read them that i do it in the parking lot of the shop.

Outsiders is good again? I stopped reading that book after Indigo died (the end of an era, to me). Then I picked it up for the OYL arc... for about 3 issues, then dropped it.

Outsiders rebooted with Dixon writing, so naturally it's good. He's really weird with how he's writing Batgirl, and I'm unsatisfied with that aspect, but it's good. The only other title Assassin is right about is Green Lantern Corps, but even that's taken a dip in quality. I'm so sick of the Kingdom Come stuff in JSA, and Green Lantern and Action Comics both blow ass.

Blue Beetle, Checkmate, Robin, Superman/Batman, Jonah Hex, and Batman (I'll defend it to the death) are the best that DC is putting out. I'd say Wonder Woman is about there, as well.

Batman Confidential just ended a very good story and the new one has promise; Tomasi's new run on Nightwing has promise, but why they insist on giving Dick absurd jobs like museum curator I will never understand, being a cop was fine; Detective Comics is decent enough, but Dini's run lost its charm a while ago; I genuinely like Supergirl at the moment, despite almost universal critical panning, but not enough to put it with the best. Gotham Underground and Salvation Run are both pretty good. Catwoman is all right, but not as good as it has been, and the new Uncle Sam mini isn't half as good as the first one.

Action Comics, Superman, Flash, JLA & JSA Classified, Superman Confidential and Brave and the Bold are all books I've dropped for reasons ranging from disappointment to sheer disgust.

Well, it's Batman and the Outsiders now. Basically a completely different team with the exception of Metamorpho, Grace, and that chick with the sword. Thunder too, but she doesn't really count.

Action Comics rocks so hard right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"