The unpublished issue 94

FlameHead

Avenger
Reaction score
First of all, damn them for never publishing this. It would have given an end to a story that now just... doesn't continue. There is no resolution (from what I understand; haven't read it yet) which makes me unhappy.

So, have you all read the script yet? For those who don't know, it is available for reading on the Vengeance Unbound site. Check it out. The potential cover is posted there too. When you read it, come back and chat with me about it...

The story had already fallen apart about a year or two earlier anyway.

havent had a chance to read it yet flame but i will,just wanted to let ya know i hadn't missed the thread;)
the cover art is cool IMO

GR94.jpg

You actually thought that I'd think you'd miss a Ghost Rider thread? I know you well enough by now to know the difference in that.

Thanks for the pic. I forgot to add it when I made the post. I have to agree with you love of the pic too. It's awesome to see our favorite flamey wheeled rider sitting on the throne he so much deserves to have.

WarBlade said:

Perhaps, I haven't read anything past issue 82 yet, so I don't know what the last year was like. Having read all the information on the series that I have now (including the history written on the vengeance unbound website) I don't think I'll hate it though. I really love the Noble Kale story and the vast Ghost Rider history that was developed.

Aye cap'n.

I love the idea of him ruling hell but the story they told in that issue isn't really that good. It may be because it had no pictures to go along with it or the fact that it was the first comics script that I've ever read, I don't know. Either way, I wasn't too impressed with it.

Having said that, I still wish they had of published it. Damn them.

WarBlade said:

I agree wholeheartedly, and they knew it too, which is why they just said F it. Like when they made Vengeance the "ghost Rider" for a while.....they didn't know what the F they were doing.

I do like the pic for the cover, I've seen it before, but I don't think that is the true cover. I think Pop "The Horrible" Mahn was doing the art at that time and that cover was drawn waayyyyy too good to be him. Though its good Ghost Rider got the throne, I just didn't enjoy the ride getting there very much.

knighted said:
I agree wholeheartedly, and they knew it too, which is why they just said F it. Like when they made Vengeance the "ghost Rider" for a while.....they didn't know what the F they were doing.

I do like the pic for the cover, I've seen it before, but I don't think that is the true cover. I think Pop "The Horrible" Mahn was doing the art at that time and that cover was drawn waayyyyy too good to be him. Though its good Ghost Rider got the throne, I just didn't enjoy the ride getting there very much.

HEY, KNIGHTED.
AT THE TIME, THE ORIGINAL ARTIST JAVIER SALTARES WAS IN THE BOOK, THE COVER IS HIS ( AWSOME, FOR SURE! ).
I AM A MARVEL TRUE BELIEVER, BUT THEY BROKE MY HEART WITH THAT.
BROKE THE HEART OF US ALL, I GUESS. US, LOYAL FANS, WHO FOLLOW THE SPIRIT OF VEANGEANCE FOR 93 MONTHS, DESERVE A LITTLE MORE OF RESPECT.
AND WHEN THEY BRING GR BACK, COMES HAMMER LANE ( HORRIBLE... ).
WHAT IS GOIN´ON WITH MARVEL COMICS?
WHY THROW GR AWAY LIKE THAT? JESUS, SPIDER-MAN HAVE LIKE A THOUSAND TITLES, X-MEN EVEN MORE.
IT´S ENOUGH!
NO HERO HAS THE LOOKS OR THE POTENTIALFOR THE 21ST CENTURY LIKE OUR DEMON.
CRAP!
I HOPE THE ENNIS/CRAIN 2005 MINI ( WHY NOT MONTHLY, MY DEAR GOD?! ) SOLVE THE PROBLEM AND BRING A LITTLE DIGNITY THE THE COOLEST AND BADDEST CHARACTER IN COMICS.
DAMN MARVEL FOR DOIN´THAT. FEBRUARY 1998 WAS A SAD MONTH FOR ME.
OH YES IT WAS.
BUT THE FLAMES WILL BURN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ghost:

BURNFOREVER said:
HEY, KNIGHTED.
AT THE TIME, THE ORIGINAL ARTIST JAVIER SALTARES WAS IN THE BOOK, THE COVER IS HIS ( AWSOME, FOR SURE! ).
I AM A MARVEL TRUE BELIEVER, BUT THEY BROKE MY HEART WITH THAT.
BROKE THE HEART OF US ALL, I GUESS. US, LOYAL FANS, WHO FOLLOW THE SPIRIT OF VEANGEANCE FOR 93 MONTHS, DESERVE A LITTLE MORE OF RESPECT.
AND WHEN THEY BRING GR BACK, COMES HAMMER LANE ( HORRIBLE... ).
WHAT IS GOIN´ON WITH MARVEL COMICS?
WHY THROW GR AWAY LIKE THAT? JESUS, SPIDER-MAN HAVE LIKE A THOUSAND TITLES, X-MEN EVEN MORE.
IT´S ENOUGH!
NO HERO HAS THE LOOKS OR THE POTENTIALFOR THE 21ST CENTURY LIKE OUR DEMON.
CRAP!
I HOPE THE ENNIS/CRAIN 2005 MINI ( WHY NOT MONTHLY, MY DEAR GOD?! ) SOLVE THE PROBLEM AND BRING A LITTLE DIGNITY THE THE COOLEST AND BADDEST CHARACTER IN COMICS.
DAMN MARVEL FOR DOIN´THAT. FEBRUARY 1998 WAS A SAD MONTH FOR ME.
OH YES IT WAS.
BUT THE FLAMES WILL BURN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ghost:

First of all, there is no need to yell at me. Even when I went on a rant a couple weeks ago, I refrained from yelling, lets try to keep this civil.

it was Saltares?, in that case maybe it is the cover.

Really I liked Hammer Lane better than the Ketch GR, thats no surprise since I've already made clear my dislike of that incarnation.

I do agree with you about the fact they have all that spider and x stuff and they can't even give us 1 f 'n monthly of GR. I'm hoping the movie will bring us a monthly when its all said and done.

And there was a worse day than 2/98, it happened in the early 80's with the ending of Ghost Rider.

With any luck the flames will burn forever

knighted said:
First of all, there is no need to yell at me. Even when I went on a rant a couple weeks ago, I refrained from yelling, lets try to keep this civil.

it was Saltares?, in that case maybe it is the cover.

Really I liked Hammer Lane better than the Ketch GR, thats no surprise since I've already made clear my dislike of that incarnation.

I do agree with you about the fact they have all that spider and x stuff and they can't even give us 1 f 'n monthly of GR. I'm hoping the movie will bring us a monthly when its all said and done.

And there was a worse day than 2/98, it happened in the early 80's with the ending of Ghost Rider.

With any luck the flames will burn forever

YELLING AT YOU?
JESUS, MAN. U GOT ALL WRONG. I HOPE YOU´RE JOKING.
AND OF COURSE I RESPECT YOUR OPINION ABOUT THE HAMMER LANE OR KETCH ERA. THE ORIGINAL JOHNNY BLAZE IS THE ONLY ONE AND FOREVER WILL BE.
BEST WISHES.:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

BURNFOREVER, it's the caps. Caps on the internet usually indicates yelling. Please turn your capslock key off and things won't be misunderstood in the future.

BURNFOREVER said:
YELLING AT YOU?
JESUS, MAN. U GOT ALL WRONG. I HOPE YOU´RE JOKING.
AND OF COURSE I RESPECT YOUR OPINION ABOUT THE HAMMER LANE OR KETCH ERA. THE ORIGINAL JOHNNY BLAZE IS THE ONLY ONE AND FOREVER WILL BE.
BEST WISHES.:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

oh I get it now, sorry i took that the wrong way.

Okay... I think you've held out long enough on this. Give us some news damnit!!

I'm kidding of course. I am dying to know what he plans on doing with those Issue 94 panels though.

Any idea when you can let us know?

And they're just lovely. Thanks for posting them.

I asked him this in his thread but, I'm wondering if he's selling some of the pages or not?

FlameHead said:
And they're just lovely. Thanks for posting them.

I asked him this in his thread but, I'm wondering if he's selling some of the pages or not?

Hey, FH.
We, hardcore GR maniacs. There´s something we can do, in this comunity or outside, in the awesome GR sites ( IGR, VU and GSZR ), to make the # 94 happens? I don´t know, maybe a special named "Ghost Rider:the last tale" or "Ghost Rider:the lost pages", or something.
Man, even now i don´t believe that Marvel do that.
Ok, the title was not making money to the House of Ideas, but come on!
Just ONE issue?!
The last one!
Jesus, we fans follow the Demon Cyclist for 93 months ( and specials, crossovers, miniseries, appearences, spin-offs... ) and they take the last issue away from us.
Was not right. Not decent at all.
I WANT TO SEE THE END OF THAT TALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even with the long antecipated Garth Ennis ( Kick ass writer! ) revamp, 8 years of Danny Ketch saga deserves a dignified end.
That it.
Let´s make a revolution, if necessary.
We´ll say that just began, with the pages that Jarv show us ( f****ing artist! ).
Damn 1998 Marvel president, editor in chief and other henchmen.
Burn in Hell!
After the Penance Stare, of course! They would experience some of the pain we felt back then.

I'd love to be able to convince Marvel to print that final issue but I think all our effects would be a lost cause. It was so long ago now and the character has shifted back to Blaze. There's no way they'd do it for us.

I do love the title "Ghost Rider: The Lost pages" though. Nice idea.

FlameHead said:
I'd love to be able to convince Marvel to print that final issue but I think all our effects would be a lost cause. It was so long ago now and the character has shifted back to Blaze. There's no way they'd do it for us.

I do love the title "Ghost Rider: The Lost pages" though. Nice idea.

I know, man.
Just dreaming.
Anyway i´m very excited with the Ennis/Crain project. Let´s face it like a restart. Ennis did this with The Punisher years ago, a big hit.
Just after the Angel/Castle stories. Ugh...
I read all the Punisher/Ennis stuff. Is awesome, really.
But a 6-part series is not enough for me, not at all.
I want an ongoing series. I think we all want.

I'm sure the Ennis name alone will sell a lot of copies... and I'm sure it's going to be good. I just hope it's not too much of a drastic change from what we already know about the characater. I'm still worried about those chains coming out of his mouth and can only imagine what other weird things'll be there.

And yes, we all want an ongoing. Let's just pray (or something like it) that they'll give us one.

any body know where i can read the comic/story/script for this book? i heard www.vengeanceunbound.com had it but that site doesnt work anymore. its gotta be on here somewhere

VU has a new address and can be found here: http://ghostrider.rlk7.com/

Dunno if the script has been uploaded to the new site yet, however.

I had a quick glance and I couldn't see that it was updated yet. VU has a huge rebuilding process in the works so, keep an eye out for updates. The 94 story will return I'm sure.

That would be awesome.

What would even top that is if Marvel printed the issue as a one shot, perhaps add a storty of what happened to Dan afterwords...

I'd just like to see all 18 pages just for the artistic closure, see how Saltares and Tex handled the final issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"