The unREAL DC Boards Lounge 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwwww :csad:

How did that date you went on go Black'oLantern

it went ok....we're going out again this thur or fri...waiting on her to get back to me

expand your horizons, lazy ass
That's ******ed. It's not like I've never seen football in my life or anything. I'm familiar with the game and it does absolutely nothing for me. Hence: f*** the Superbowl, I just wants me some ads. :oldrazz:

That's ******ed. It's not like I've never seen football in my life or anything. I'm familiar with the game and it does absolutely nothing for me. Hence: f*** the Superbowl, I just wants me some ads. :oldrazz:

Yeah, I've never really seen the appeal to American Football myself. I'm not a sports person in general or anything, but I can see how some sports may have a degree of appeal to some people, but I never got what the fuss was for that one.

whatever....it still boggles the mind how the fandom sneers at pro sports, yet follow a medium that showcases near perfect athletic specimens

I don't have anything against pro sports. I'm just not interested in them. I do watch some football and basketball games when I'm at my sister's, but I just don't care enough to follow them regularly.

I find it funny how defensive Blanty's getting over it. I mentioned I wanted to see a couple of the Superbowl's ads and he's all, "BLAAAAAARGHWATCHSPORTS, FATTY!" :funny:

I have my friends who like sports and give me **** about my comic loving and my comics friends who give me **** about my sports loving

Well, there's your problem. Not having friends is the way to go. :cool:

Almost everyone I know who reads American comics watches football. In my LCS last week the owner was talking with three regulars segueing between who'd win at the Superbowl, The X-Men film continuity, Captain America spoilers, and Steve Martin.

My comic shop also trades sports cards and stuff, so the clientele on any given day seems to be pretty evenly split between comic fans and sports fans.

or just stop talking to them about that stuff
Or that, if you want to be boring.

I'm fine with being boring, it's actually what I strive for most days

Don't worry, I'm interesting enough for all three of us

Almost everyone I know who reads American comics watches football. In my LCS last week the owner was talking with three regulars segueing between who'd win at the Superbowl, The X-Men film continuity, Captain America spoilers, and Steve Martin.

so do the anime/manga readers watch sports?

I couldn't say all that much, really. I only know two other people beside myself that read manga and watch anime regularly. One of them does casually, but only during the big events, and I didn't know the other one that well.

I randomly watched the ending of "Not Fade Away" again just now. Angel was so good.

Lorne: You're not part of the solution, Lindsey. You never will be.
Lindsey: You kill me? A flunkie?! Uh-uh... Angel kills me! Angel...
Lorne: ... Good night, folks.

:hehe:

I always liked Lindsey....that whole driven, upwardly mobile, snake in the grass

but he is 10x cooler as Elliot Spencer

I randomly watched the ending of "Not Fade Away" again just now. Angel was so good.

Lorne: You're not part of the solution, Lindsey. You never will be.
Lindsey: You kill me? A flunkie?! Uh-uh... Angel kills me! Angel...
Lorne: ... Good night, folks.

:hehe:

Two Words. . . . .
PUPPET CANCER

I loved Lindsey. He's the perfect villainous foil for Angel: Angel is constantly on the edge of being consumed by his own darkness, but ultimately the good wins. Lindsey has bits of goodness and a functioning conscience, but ultimately the bad wins.

I remember me and my friends watched it every night we burned through the whole show in like 2 weeks. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"