The Unreal Engine

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
El Mayimbe tweeted around the start of production that the Unreal Engine used on The Mandalorian was also going to be used on The Batman.

Here’s a bts video of the tech as it was used on The Mandalorian...

Gotta imagine this gives us our Batcave and rooftop stuff. I’ll be intrigued to see it.

El Mayimbe tweeted around the start of production that the Unreal Engine used on The Mandalorian was also going to be used on The Batman.

Gotta imagine this gives us our Batcave and rooftop stuff. I’ll be intrigued to see it.

I'm excited about this personally. Greig Fraser and Co. made excellent use of the Unreal Engine in Mandalorian and I think there's a lot of potential here in Reeves using this in tandem with the distinctively gothic on-location sets we've seen so far to create a properly spooky and unique looking Gotham City.

In essence UE is a complete previz toolset. So the method itself is far from new, but visual capabilities are far superior to what was used a decade ago. Plus in case of Midichlorian, they probably borrowed models from EA, since they worked on SW games.

Reeves can use Rocksteady models or whatever. :)

Great find! But when you mention the unreal engine I thought you was talking about an video game lol
Yeah, I thought it was the video game engine. This looks impressive though and can’t go too wrong if it was used on The Mandalorian.

Gotham could look absolutely breathtaking with these effects, especially with them using Glasgow as basis.

Yeah, I thought it was the video game engine. This looks impressive through and can’t go too wrong if it was used on The Mandalorian.
I know! I think we are in for nice treat because The Mandalorrian looks fantastic! :yay::up::up:

Looks like the new Disney Gallery episode on The Mandalorian centers on this tech. Looking forward to that deep dive and what the directors/actors/crew have to say about it.

Yeah we saw that in the gaming threads a while back. All this makes me really excited for the future of gaming, films and TV, and it can definitely be put to good use in The Batman.

Curious to know if any of the scenes in the trailer were shot using this tech.

Off topic, but I hope they use it in more other SciFi movies too, like GL Corps. As good as this is, I hope the art of creating miniature models for films continues to be used.

Off topic, but I hope they use it in more other SciFi movies too, like GL Corps. As good as this is, I hope the art of creating miniature models for films continues to be used.

Miniatures and this Unreal Engine would be glorious for the GL series. I reallly hope they try to go as practical as possible with that show. I don’t love the writing team they hired, it’s fine, but I just hope it’s budget is hefty enough to handle the potential scope of it.

Berlanti also isn’t the best, but Doom Patrol having that freedom to be super strange and interesting has me interested in his HBOmax stuff.

I hope DC use it too for their series and movies.

Considering how little has gotten out regarding The Sandman, a show that’s been in production for weeks/months, I would wager that it’s already in use on that front.

But yeah, this would be ideal for something like GL, with the various alien environments. None of that greenscreen **** please.

I can definitely see them making it a priority for GL. It's a no brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"