The Amazing Spider-Man The Untold Untold Story [SPOILERS]

I did not know that about Laura Ziskin, that is very sad she didn't live to see this project.

As for Avi Arad, he's been done with Marvel since 2006, but he has stayed on as consultant on some projects. He was very loosely involved with Iron Man 1 which is the only Marvel Studios film he worked on.

I'm not denying that something was left out, but I don't think it had to do with Richard experimenting on Peter. I think the sewer scene between Ratha, Connors, and Peter reveals that Ratha left the door unlocked on purpose, knowing that Peter was Richard Parker's son.

Actually, Ratha doesn't leave the door unlocked. Pete sees Ratha type in the code or whatever, and then repeats it when Ratha leaves....

With all of these problems behind the scenes, what needs to go are Avi Arad and Laura ziskin.

They changed all of the crew, but the producers stayed. The same people who made the decision making on Spidey 3. Then they hired back Ziskin husband to polish the script, who also co-wrote for Spidey 2 and 3.

They just need to go. It seems like they don't 'get it' at all.

Um, Laura Ziskin passed away last year. :(

She actually was a great producer and by all accounts a great person. Avi Arad on the other hand could go. But it seems Sony's committee of execs has taken over the process. The Raimi films seemed to be Raimi along with Ziskin and to a lesser extent Arad. Webb seems to have a lot more executives and producers to deal with in these new movies.

Actually, Ratha doesn't leave the door unlocked. Pete sees Ratha type in the code or whatever, and then repeats it when Ratha leaves....
Not the outer door, the inner door. Peter puts in the code to get into that wing. He enters a room. To his left is the assembly line of bio-cable. To his right is the machine making the cable. In front of him is the spider room. The spider room has a keycard swipe lock, yet it's unlocked when Peter walks in.

Peter is not an everyman.

He's got SOME elements that people can identify with, but he is not, and has never been, an everyman type.

Peter is not an everyman.

He's got SOME elements that people can identify with, but he is not, and has never been, an everyman type.
... um, what? Sure, Peter's a genius and an orphan, which makes him a little more unique, but he's absolutely an everyman. He deals with grades. He has money issues. He's a little socially awkward and has a hard time maintaining friendships. He goes through high school and college before being thrown out into the real world, where he struggles to find his place. How, exactly, is he not an everyman?

Peter is indeed an everyman. There were so many things about Peter Parker that I saw in myself (that includes the Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, and Comic book versions of the character).

... um, what? Sure, Peter's a genius and an orphan, which makes him a little more unique, but he's absolutely an everyman. He deals with grades. He has money issues. He's a little socially awkward and has a hard time maintaining friendships. He goes through high school and college before being thrown out into the real world, where he struggles to find his place. How, exactly, is he not an everyman?

Anyone who lives in society deals with those things, but that does not make a character an everyman.

Clark Kent dealt with those things.

But we're talking about a kid whose parents were heavy in genetic experimentation, and who may well have been experimented on himself.

More to the point though, he's obviously a genius on several levels.

Geniuses are not everymen.

Everymen are ordinary characters that represent the human race. People like you see in the average high school comedy or drama. They're not people with very special abilities. Peter Parker is not an ordinary person by any stretch. He's flat out depicted as an outcast for a reason. And once he becomes Spider-Man, you'd better believe he's not remotely an everyman.

I always took 'The Untold Story' to mean the Gwen Stacy love story.

With all of these problems behind the scenes, what needs to go are Avi Arad and Laura ziskin.

They changed all of the crew, but the producers stayed. The same people who made the decision making on Spidey 3. Then they hired back Ziskin husband to polish the script, who also co-wrote for Spidey 2 and 3.

They just need to go. It seems like they don't 'get it' at all.

Uh, Laura Ziskin died a long time ago.

thats what a lot of people fail to realize. Its the gwen saga and the parents thats the untold story. Sutdio execs interfere with their movies all the time especially big movies like this.Thank God spidey isnt with fox.

but thats not what the marketing is leading us to...we have the Lizard/Connors offering secrets about Peter's parents

So his parents form part of the 'untold story' as well. It depends on wether your interpreting 'untold' as "we haven't filmed this story before", or "we gonna make this up for you". I'm going with the first option. I'm looking for a 3 film arc that ends with the death of Gwen.

I read some report that said an earlier draft revealed that Peter Parker's parents were still alive and were in hiding.

One thing that I noticed in specific was that Doc Connors never mentioned his parents being dead. He said something to the effect of, "Once your parents were gone, your father's work was gone." Connors kept using the word 'gone' in reference to Peter's parents, never once mentioning them being dead.

I read some report that said an earlier draft revealed that Peter Parker's parents were still alive and were in hiding.

One thing that I noticed in specific was that Doc Connors never mentioned his parents being dead. He said something to the effect of, "Once your parents were gone, your father's work was gone." Connors kept using the word 'gone' in reference to Peter's parents, never once mentioning them being dead.
Hmm. Hadn't heard that. Though it would kinda add a new level to why Connors was "angry" when Richard left.

no one really acts like they are dead until we see the internet article. Peter's blow up against Uncle Ben made it seem like they were just missing and not dead.

no one really acts like they are dead until we see the internet article. Peter's blow up against Uncle Ben made it seem like they were just missing and not dead.
Eh. To me, Peter's blowup sounded like typical abandoned child anger - whether it be from adoption, death of parents, what-have-you. And they did leave him, after all. I mean, sure, you can't blame them for the plane crash (if they did die), but you can certainly blame them for dumping you in Queens and running off without so much as an explanation. Just because he was too young to fully understand doesn't mean he didn't deserve some kind of proper explanation.

Eh. To me, Peter's blowup sounded like typical abandoned child anger - whether it be from adoption, death of parents, what-have-you. And they did leave him, after all. I mean, sure, you can't blame them for the plane crash (if they did die), but you can certainly blame them for dumping you in Queens and running off without so much as an explanation. Just because he was too young to fully understand doesn't mean he didn't deserve some kind of proper explanation.

its the line "Why isn't he here to tell me himself?"...to me this is what a kid with missing parents says not one whose parents died in a plane crash.

its the line "Why isn't he here to tell me himself?"...to me this is what a kid with missing parents says not one whose parents died in a plane crash.
The line was, "He didn't think it was his responsibility to be here to tell me that himself?" or something along those lines. In other words, what was so important that he left me, his only son, and shirked his responsibility as a father? Doesn't necessarily mean his parents aren't dead. Just means he resents his father for ditching him and running.

They definitely seem to be going the "Wolverine route" with this series, where we find out a little more across each film.

There's just so many loose strands with the parents. We're never even told why his parents left in the first place.

And did anyone else notice there was a bullet hole in the glass window when young Peter went into his father's study? That's the moment his father decides they have to leave.

They definitely seem to be going the "Wolverine route" with this series, where we find out a little more across each film.

There's just so many loose strands with the parents. We're never even told why his parents left in the first place.

And did anyone else notice there was a bullet hole in the glass window when young Peter went into his father's study? That's the moment his father decides they have to leave.
A bullet hole? Looked to me like someone just smashed the glass so they could reach in and unlock the door from the inside.

Perhaps that's what it was, but the hole was really high up though... and if someone had broken in, why did they not steal the important stuff such as the spider? Or all of the research and papers on his desk? If a thief broke in, they could have done a better job of stealing some important stuff.

Perhaps that's what it was, but the hole was really high up though... and if someone had broken in, why did they not steal the important stuff such as the spider? Or all of the research and papers on his desk? If a thief broke in, they could have done a better job of stealing some important stuff.
Because they were looking for the decay rate algorithm in the OO folder, which Richard hid in a secret compartment in the desk drawer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"