The User Review Thread [SPOILERS IN ABUNDANCE!]

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by Loathus, Jun 30, 2007.

?

Rate the film one-to-ten.

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

You really mistook me, because that's NOT what i would have liked to see. I've been arguing that they should be even. They were obviously going for a tyrant dynasty (who are professional soldiers) versus rebel fighters feel. But Megatron owned him completely in the movie, and all i wanted was a more even fight regardless or who came out on top. The movie IMO made it look like OP was a kid playing with the big boys, instead of megatron being all powerful yet a little afraid of OP...hence "Decepticons retreat".

2. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

They just scan the earth vehicles to look like them. They dont' take a car apart and put it all over their body. They are not made of earth material whether in cybertron form or vehicle form. (a clear plastic glass and a glass made of glass are not made up of the same thing.)

3. Danger Mouse Kitchen Appliance

Agreed. Otherwise the Autobots would've smashed their windscreens and windows to smithereens. That alone is evidence that they're not of terrestrial material despite looking like Earth vehicles.

4. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

He couldnt help were he fought, or were he was thrown, at that point he had the twin job of getting the Allspark away from Meg's AND protecting the humans scattered about.

5. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Well i know after the fight with Meg's Optimus' windscreens were smashed up, you can only see if you look carefully. Then again, the fight was pretty rough so its no surprise.

6. dark_b Registered

i noticed this. OP damage was extreme.

in a way i am happy that this was a more brainless movie. for christ sake how would you explained the reparing? the little piece of allspark could be used right?

or this is what i have been thinknig the other night.i know that this is a movie. but lets face it there is no chance that in the galaxi far away a life form would have hands,fingers,mouth and legs. plus they were robots.
    so in a way it was better like that.

no someone will say what about superman. who said that superman movies make sense?

7. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Exactly, at the end of the day they are all movies, they are there for entertainment.

8. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

i watcehd that fight scene 18 times. At no moment was i convinced OP was trying to protect human. That arguement is very lame. I prefer taht it was just bad editing, or they wanted Megs to win this one so that OP can win the final battle at teh end of the trilogy of something.

9. dark_b Registered

noone said that there was dialoge from OP that he doesnt fight 100% because of humasn. but he never throws megatron. and he coudl to that IMO

10. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Exactly in fact he takes a lot of care not to throw Megatron about, which to me indicates he was afraid of the collateral damage if he did.

11. dark_b Registered

OP also never says that they could push the allspark in megatrons chest. OP is this ''boyscout'' who would rather kill himsels then megatron. this is something i didnt like about him.

12. majemma Registered

i know i am new here but man what a pile of garbage transformers was!! no screentime for any of the awesome looking robots that they did such a great job animating for the movie....

megatron is only in the last 15 min..LAME

starscream has little to no screentime and says one sentence in the whole movie and we never get a good look at him ..LAME

Bumbl-bee and barricade fight for two pitiful seconds then are overshadowed by some little gremlin robot pulling shia's pants down and we never see how bumblbee defeats barricade..LAME

none of the robots havee any screentime exceopt for prime and even he gets a backseat to the movie stars....LAME

the paciong of the climax was not very exciting or tight ..speilberg should have directed this!!!

13. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

He didn't throw megatron because he was too busy getting his ass kicked. It wasn't because he didn't want to.

14. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

I didn't say he needed to talk, but there are other ways of conveying the protective character in him, and if that was really why he didn't fight back, then they didn't do a good job depicting it.

15. CreepyThinMan Registered

I only have two problems with the movie.

1# The soldier sub-plot. Take that out and the movie would have been tighter. Also, the idea that we could have any impact on these things is a joke. Bay just has a hard-on for the army and just wanted to show that we could take on advanced alien robots...U.S.A....U.S.A!!!

2# Prime pretty much got his ass handed to him by Megatron.

16. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

I thought that was better than the hackers sub-plot...total crap.

It makes more sense that if robots came from space the military would be the first people to deal with it.

17. coogan1 Guest

In the film the all spark created decepticons, would that mean some of them survived, if so would that be a way for the decepticons 2 have some how built up an army, therefore they can be in hiding an be undercover for their leader starscream

18. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

But THAT is Optimus Prime, it is only in desperate situations that he is willing take Megatrons life.

Well, if you look in the background of the soldier taking out Blackout scene, you can see OP and Meg's fighting, and OP actually gets a few hits on him :-)cmad: wish they would have just focused on that) so i think OP did have oppurtunities to throw him.

19. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Well according to the toy line there are other Decepticons on earth, such as 'Payload', that are hiding until summoned. I think in the sequel we'll see other Decepticons that were too far away to get to the final battle on time and whatnot. But then again, according to the movie toys, there were additional Autobots on earth that weren't in the movie..so go figure.

20. dark_b Registered

it would make sense tha tmore decepticons are on earth. but no autobots.

21. CFlash Registered

Which is why Optimus Prime's monologue at the end- although cool sounding- bothered me. Where does Optimus Prime get off calling refuge Autobots to Earth? Wouldn't other Decepticons be listening as well? He just signed Earth's death sentence. Or does Optimus think all Decepticons will now lay down their arms because Megatron and the Allspark are gone? If so, stupid move oh wise Optimus. You should know better.

22. megatron01 Registered

^well, op was using autobot frequency that decepticons cannot pick up.

23. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

That's what i'm thinking too.

24. CFlash Registered

Again, you guys are inserting rationale that is not borne out in the movie. How many things must people "fill in" to make this movie make sense?

Even if I were to grant you that Optimus was using a frequency that only Autobots could pick up (which is ludicrous given that the Autobots are "refugees" and the Decepticons have a technological advantage), you don't think Autobots are under surveillance by Decepticons?

What's to keep a little Lazerbeak from following dumbass Hot Rod to Earth?

25. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

How do you know that the Decepticons have the technological advantage; because they inhabit Cybertron? As far as we know Cybertron is pretty much in ruins. And is mostly deserted, by both sides.

And sure Decepticons might hear the signal, but why the hell would they wanna come to earth? Megs is dead. The Allspark is destroyed. Most of the Decepticons, by nature hate planets like earth, and are selfish opportunists. They are not about team work, for the most part. They don't care about getting revenge on Prime, cause most of them don't 'really' care about Megatron. If there was one reason for any Decepticon to come to earth, whether solo or as a team, it would be for the Allsparks power, and it's destroyed now. I personally can't think of any GOOD reason for them to hear the call, and waste energy coming to earth.

Besides Starscream knows where Prime is, and he obviously escaped, so it's apparent that it's well known where any surviving Autobots will end up, because their leader has made his home there. So it's not like it's a big secret anyway.