The User Review Thread [SPOILERS IN ABUNDANCE!]

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by Loathus, Jun 30, 2007.

?

Rate the film one-to-ten.

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Infinity9999x Registered

I noticed that too, but it was basically the all-spark or the people in the copter, and if Meggs got the All-spark then a lot more people would have died then in the helicopter.

2. XXTBWCXX Registered

Watch that scene carefully. Optimus Prime runs on the rooftop and then STOPS when the helicopter passes by. I don't know if he tried to save it or not, but it shows clearly that he looks at it when he stops.

3. Yeeeeeeah giant robots fighting! What more could you ask for??!! Well how about a movie that doesn't make you want to kill yourself. Dangerous levels of stupidity are reached and it goes on for nearly 2 1/2 hours. I'm not even going to ridicule the plot because everyone knows it's ridiculous. The action? Whatever, the camera swinging around cgi models as they pummel each other got old after the first 30 seconds, and that's all that happens for 90% of the goddamn movie. The rest of it was basically a car commercial padded with bits and pieces of comic relief.

Luckily I fell asleep for the last 20 minutes, so I'm oblivious to whether or not they're setting it up for a sequel. If one more person tells me I HAVE TO SEE TRANSFOMERS, they're getting kicked in the nuts. And I'm not even close to joking.

4. omid17 Registered

the writers had to of been on crack when writing the story

5. Darknightnomis The Dark Knight Strikes!

Hey I kow I'm late on this, but I finally seen This movie last night.

What a piece of S#*T!!!!! How did this crap make so much money?????
    :huh: :huh: :huh:

I finally seen a movie that's worst than Batman and Robin.

@ plus hours of my life I can't get back! DAMN!!!! :cmad:

6. I SEE SPIDEY Registered

My Review: Warning Spoilers for the two people who haven't seen it!

I think I got dumber after watching Transformers. It's a fun movie but it's a characterless, juvenile, over the top, loud mid to late 90's action movie with 2007 special effects. Pardon the pun but there is littlerly not more than meets the eye, it is a Bay movie after all. A lot of the humor was of the 6 year old ******ed monkey variety but I did laugh at a few things. A major character (and I use that term loosely) dies and nobody seems to be too upset about it...ofcourse it was the jive talking robot so I wasn't either. The actors seemed to be having a good time and they did about as well as you can do in a movie about gaint talking toy robots except Megan Fox who was bland beyond belief but I don't think I can totally judge her acting skills based on a Transformers movie, she did handle the specail effects thing better than Scarlet Jo in The Island and Paltrow in Sky Captian but thats like saying a rapist is better than a serial killer, either way we lose. I have to say that I loved the action scenes and groundbreaking special effects. As much as I rag on Bay he is excellent at filming exciting action scenes, he's like Spielberg except much dumber. The last 30 minutes of this too long confusing movie are pure fun and make you feel like a kid, but the robot designs had me confused about who was who several times during the big battle and the ending seemed too ebrupt. It's not a good movie but come on, who expected it to be? It is exactly what it is, loud fun summer fluff that you are going to be embarrassed to have liked five to ten years from now...kinda like ID4.

RATING: 7 out of 10.

7. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

wow you're right. although it makes me wonder why he would wait SO long after the helicopter flew past him to stop and go after it. If you were going that direction, it would make more sense to catch it headon, put it on the ground/roof, and keep running. Its not like he missed it, its a giant freaking helicopter.

8. Super Kal Proud Conservative

[​IMG]
    when: today
    where: SHH Community boards

help 2 fellow Transformer fans and vote Bella/Hunter

9. stillanerd Registered

Well, I finally saw this film and I enjoyed it. Having watched the original Transformers cartoon as a kid, when Peter Cullen's doing the voice of Optimus Prime came on at the beginning, I admit, for this young man, my inner geek was screaming like a giddy 12-year old girl. And as for the Autobots and Decepticons themselves? Well, maybe some might have been turned off by the fact they looked like Bionicles, but I certainly wasn't. If anything, it emphasized that the Transformers are alien lifeforms as well as "robots in disguise." And you couldn't help but stare at them awestruck, trying to see how every little part and mechanical device moved. And their transformations NEVER EVER got old. You got to hand it to the special effects department because they perfectly blended in CGI, puppetry, and live action seamlessly--especially in the climatic battle.

Now if only they had invested that much effort into the script. Yes, there were parts that were funny. Yes, Shia LeBeouf did a great job in his portrayal of Sam Witwicky. Yes, the action set-pieces were spectacular--how could they not be when you have giant robots duking it out? But it's still every much a Michael Bay movie. His character development, or lack of it, consists mainly of overly dramatic lines coupled with slow-mo montages. The humor, while amusing, is still pretty juvenile (seriously, did we really need to see Bumblebee "lubricating" the Sector 7 agents?). And the theme is the same as Armageddon: a rag tag of motley group of humans, or rather, a bunch of shallow cardboard cut-outs consisting of either gung-ho white guys, female eye-candy, and obnoxious ethnic stereotypes, unite to save the world from certain destruction. All while dramatic and/or butt rock music plays in the background.

Still, it was fun, and that's what should matter in movies like this after all.

10. Sun_Down Groovy

Finally saw it and it was pretty much what I expected : a fun flick without a lot of depth. I'd give it a 7/10.

What I liked : I liked Bay's directoral style. Say what you will, but the man has a hell of an eye. I liked Shia, he's really coming into his own as an actor. The plot was pretty decent and they did a good job juggling multiple characters. The effects were top-notch, it was fun and I'm a sucker for a young love story. I finished the movie feeling good.

What I disliked : The robots themselves seemed undeveloped. I found it hard to care about their fate when we really didn't get to know them very well. Introducing them earlier and having some scenes with just them would have helped, IMO. Of course the cornball moments (like anytime that little Decepticon was onscreen) and the product placements made me cringe.

But like I said, a fun ride. Hope they pump out another.

11. Danger Mouse Kitchen Appliance

Glad you liked it. :) :up:

12. Spider-Bite Registered

Excellent movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never watched the cartoon, so the movie was totally new for me, and I thought it was awesome!

13. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

Nice to see reviews still come in once in a while.

14. Joker'sHenchman Registered

15. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

16. CBGB Urban Achiever

Banned after 5 posts :whatever: you are a sad, sad human being.

17. BBabe Registered

Heres's another theory that I heard someone suggest somewhere....Bumblebee is the only Autobot that actually touched the Allspark. In keeping with the plot, the Allspark's energy turns machines into bad robots, eventually becoming Decepticons. What's not to say the same won't happen to Bumblebee (maybe a storyline for TF2)? Also, someone mentioned that the last we see of Starscream he says something that sounds very similar to "Bum-ble-beeee". Anyway, just some more possibilities to throw around in the maybe/what if pile.

18. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Starscream doesnt say Bumblebee, he says something in Cybertronian.

And the Allsapark doesnt just create Decepticons, it create's life, that life then has to learn itself how to act.

19. BBabe Registered

Like I said, these are only things that I've heard. Everyone has their own take on the what-ifs, I guess.

Either way, I thought the movie was very enjoyable. Sure, it has plot holes and some campy dialouge, but it also has awesome special effects and action, and some heart (between Sam and BB). It does exactly what a movie is supposed to do: Take you out of the real world for a little while. :yay:

20. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

^Oh i agree on that last aspect, its a great movie that i really enjoy, but what i said above does indeed stand.

I even tried the subtitles on the Starscream moment and nothing comes up, so he doesnt say anything in an Earth language.

21. Adam Registered

5/10

stupid but entertaining

22. Đeadpool Registered

I'd give it a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00

23. LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!! Best movie of 2007! Perfect score of 10 out of 10!!!

24. brimstone_halo Registered

I don't see how people can complain about this movie after all the other ridiculous incarnations of transformers we have had to live through ie Beast Wars, Armada, and the new Transformers meats Pokeman. Every one keeps talking about plot holes... did you ever watch any of the cartoons, transformers just show up out of the blue and some just vanish without a trace. For example in episode 15-16 "Heavy metal wars" the Constructicons just show up, steal some stuff, go back to the decepticons under water base and as they are showing up Megatron says I'm glad we took the time to build them and thats how the constucticons come about. Or another example, from the 86 movie, Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus just show up, no back ground story no nothin, then OP is like "Ultra Magnus old friend your the new leader that no ones ever heard of"(in a nut shell) and then after that Hot Rod becomes the leader and becomes Rodimus Prime.

In another episode Frenzy just shows up talks some smack and gets in a fight with one of the seekers (Thunder Cracker or Sky Warp I forget which one) and thats the last we see of Frenzy, the seeker doesn't kill him we just don't see him any more. Now I'm not 100% if he is gone for the rest of G1 becuase I'm only on season two on youtube but you never saw frenzy before and haven't seen him since.

Another thing I noticed in the first season. At the very end of the three part pilot episode "more than meats the eye" the humans are loading up the autobots with the energy to get back to sybertron and they are getting ready to go and they are even gonna take spike and sparkplug too I think, then in the next episode the autobots are just chillin on earth. They probably stayed because the decepticons were still there but they don't explain that.

In all honesty I don't care if people don't like the new movie because I love it and thats all that matters to me. I just don't see how people can complain about plot holes, character underdevelopment and the look of the characters in a movie about giant robots from outer space whos history is full of plot holes and little to no character development for some characters. I don't know about anyone else but I would rather live through a thousand Mike Bay Optimus Primes than an Optimus Primal or that dreadfull (sorry if this offends anyone) Transformers Animated Optimus Prime, those characters just piss me off, he looks like Batman from that animated Batman series from a few years ago, with that silly barrel chest and super hero jaw. I wont even get started on that becuase I know some people like it.

And people complain about some of the action being too fast and shaky. This might be just my opinion but I think that problem was only a problem in the theater because I think it looks awesome on DVD.

Here's all the character development you need for Transformers=highly advanced alien robots. Autobots=Good. Decepticons=Bad.

As for my reveiw. I'm 27 years old and I watched the original series religiously, I cried when OP died in the movie. The toys were one of two kinds of toys I liked(the other being Hot Wheels). Yes it has Its problems, its not a perfect movie but its a good action Sci Fi movie and I would probably give it a 9.

25. Stalker1138 Registered

As per most Michael Bay movies, this one is all style and no substance, which would be ok except that Bay's style is excessive and boring. The humor is stupid and highly unoriginal, and downright not funny at all. The story is typically generic of dumb summer action movies and loses your attention very quickly. Some people may be ok with robots fighting each other, but that doesn't justify how unimaginative and stupid this movie is. Sure, its based off of a kids cartoon, but again, an intelligent AND exciting movie could have been made. Instead, we got neither.