The Van Damme Appreciation Thread

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
5336300_gal1.jpg

When I was 7 or 8 years old I thought Jean-Claude Van Damme was the most awesome guy EVER. I was wrong. :csad: However...that doesn't mean I can't look back and enjoy some of his, um, contributions to cinema. :huh:

Check this out:

[YT]aOIJtS4gbaY[/YT]

I mostly liked Timecop.

That's about all the Van Damme appreciation I can muster.

Jean Claude does not deserve an appreciation thread...maybe for Predator but that's about it.

"Jean-Clod Van Dammit!!!!" ~ Greengoblin

why all the hate? :csad: He had some good moments. :huh:

[YT]r6JIT3qZ1aM[/YT]

I think this thread deserves a bump. Especially after that JCVD movie. And now re-teaming with Lundgren. :o

Double Impact, TimeCop, Maximum Risk and Universal Soldiers are great movies.

I really liked some of his movies.........when I was a kid.:p

Universal Soldier<3

Only films of his I enjoyed were Universal Soldier, Blood Sport and Hard Target.

Looking at past posts in here, why do people think Van Damme played the Predator?

The Predator(at least in the first two films, you know the good ones) was played by Kevin Peter Hall.

he was the first version of the predator. it was bad.....really bad. it was before WInston was called. thank god.

I liked The Quest when I was kid...

he was the first version of the predator. it was bad.....really bad. it was before WInston was called. thank god.

Is there footage??I've never seen let alone heard of that and would like to...even just for a laugh.

I've always appreciated Van Damme and anyone who has watched his recent films will see he's grown as an actor. I think doing the direct to video/tv films made him practice his chops more and get better.

His recent film JCVD is living proof that he's grown a lot as an actor and he deserves respect.

I've always appreciated Van Damme and anyone who has watched his recent films will see he's grown as an actor. I think doing the direct to video/tv films made him practice his chops more and get better.

His recent film JCVD is living proof that he's grown a lot as an actor and he deserves respect.
I enjoyed JCVD and thought this would reenergize his career,but I don't think doing Universal Soldiers prequel or whatever it is is the way to go. However; can't blame the man for trying to earn a few extra bucks.

I still think that Double Team is an underrated masterpiece.

Best Van Damme moment ever!!!!

Orb for the win.

Sudden Death is the best Die Hard rip off ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"