The Villains of Ant-Man Thread

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by BatsDC, Jul 18, 2012.

1. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  2. Ant-manic

Ant-manic Well-Known Member

as side characters maybe. but neither of them are as usable as Darren Cross or Crossfire, imo. :')

3. chamber-music

Erik Josten could be another villain possibility. Josten fought Pym, Lang and Foster in the comics and is a pym particle user.

4. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

He would also tie in to the Master of Evil and is an Avengers and Iron Man villain.

5. Ant-manic

he was also Janet Van Dyne's jealous boyfriend (don't ask) in the Marvel Adventures Avengers book.

6. Duke

Duke Well-Known Member

7. chamber-music

Be cool if in Edgar's nod to the Tales To Astonish Ant-Man prologue we saw Pym break into a Bratislava base and rescue agent Lee Kearns. Pym takes down commie agents Nina Tsiolkovsky (Madame X) and Antonio Rojo (El Toro) while escaping.

8. Ant-manic

it'll never happen. but i don't doubt that we will see the ant hill.

9. The Overlord

The Overlord Well-Known Member

"Commie agents"? Yeah, stories like that seem best left to the 1960s, they don't really fit in a modern movie.

10. Ant-manic

11. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Ant-Man doesn't have that many villains that are big except Ultron. In Avengers:EMH they used Ulysses Klaw but he's more of a villain that clashed with Black Panther and even The Fantastic four. So I'm curious to see what villain they come up with.

12. Ant-manic

human villains are fair game. i don't expect to see anyone with superpowers. i still think that they should have gone with A.I.M. those beekeeper outfits scream "ant-man villain" to me.

13. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

AIM connects Ant Man with the rest of the MCU if Pym has no connections with Howard Stark.

14. Ant-manic

well Howard is bound to have at least heard of Pym. but we don't know how extensive Pym's research is, yet. maybe he's the kind of guy that Stark Industries would try to recruit. or maybe he's more someone the military would lean on. the Stark's were big time munitions makers. i could see Henry maybe creating that stealth suit for the military but going AWOL (maybe after Maria's death).

15. chamber-music

Pym was working as head of a government contracted secret science project to develop a anti-radiation gas with his team of four research assistants when he became Ant-Man.

I was talking about the sixties prologue not the modern part of the movie btw :cwink:

16. The Overlord

In the next Marvel anime movie, apparently Elias Starr shows up, but he doesn't have an egg shaped head and is not called Egghead, they may do that for this film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egghead_(comics)#Film

I still don't care for stereotypical Cold War commie villains, they are so dull, though I suppose if they are there just for an action scene at the beginning that would be okay.

17. chamber-music

Micheal Pena's character is in this film is rumoured to be a Castro type South American communist dictator called Castillo
    They merged Egghead with Red Guardian in the Avengers Confidential Anime.

If he wasn't called Elias Starr I don't think anyone would guess he was Egghead.

18. The Overlord

I hope he is an unimportant side character or there is more too him then that, because if that is all there is too him and he has a lot of screen time, he could dull. Really an outdated propaganda piece character isn't compelling on his own, if I supposed to hate him, give me good reasons besides the fact he is a Castro knock off.

Does anyone care though? Really Marvel movies merge characters all the time (like Whiplash and crimson Dynamo) and I don't think Egghead is the most popular villain Marvel around, no has bothered to him bring back from the dead.

Making Corey Stoll wear some ridiculous bald cap that is designed to make him look more like Egghead, would be unintentionally hilarious and would only work if the film was a total farce.

19. Ant-manic

a dictator is only as boring as they want to make him. and there's nothing outdated about it. Castro hasn't been dead that long. we still have North Korea's leader feeding his ex-girlfriend to dogs. the not-dull stuff is whatever he's done to get him on Pym's radar.

who said anything about reshaping his head? Stoll, if that's even the character he's playing, is already bald. like i mentioned, Egghead isn't a name he gave himself. the evil mad scientist's name is Elias Starr. he's, arguably, no lamer than Baron von Strucker.

20. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

Fidel Castro is still alive, although now in his 80's and no longer running Cuba.

21. cph9fa

cph9fa Well-Known Member

LOL. I was like "Wait... Castro is dead? When did that happen?" And then I was kinda like "Yeah, I guess maybe I vaguely remember that happening?" And then I saw the second post, and I got really confused, so I had to Google, just to make sure. :huh: :D

22. chamber-music

I am not in favour or against using Egghead as a villain but If they do then he doesn't have to actually look like he does in the comics and he can just go by his real name Elias Starr.

The only time Obadiah Stane was called Iron Monger was in the credits of Iron Man.

Its an adaptation they can change whatever they want as long as it stays true to the character.

23. The Overlord

No one cares about Fidel Castro besides a few Republicans and a few Cuban exiles in Florida, having a Fidel Castro stand in isn't very impressive. Plus frankly I think Cuba is pretty mild in terms of dictatorships, I would rather live in Cuba then Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, Chad, pretty well a lot of countries in Middle East and a fair amount in Africa.

Really Castro comes across as Little Mary Sunshine compared to some of the cruel and genocidal war lords you see in Africa. If you want to put in a dictator that I would hate, put one that is really nasty in real life, not Castro who gets overshadowed by almost every other dictator out there. Putting in Castro seems like a bad Cold War throw back.

That's fine, I like Stroll and Starr could be an okay villain, if he uses his civilian name and doesn't a ridiculous head.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  24. Ant-manic

just my opinion but you're overthinking it. this isn't any different from the "Egghead" subject. the character will be as interesting or dull as Wright wants to write him. I didn't say that Pena would be playing Fidel Castro. I said that he was described as a Castro-like dictator. and I would assume that's just his public face. it's to let us know that Ant-Man is, potentially, going up against an army (or at least someone who has their own military). Castro-like suggests that Pena's character started out as a rebel of some sort and led (or participated in) the overthrow of the country's he's now controlling. it's kind of like Doctor Doom's story.

25. krycek

krycek Well-Known Member

A female villain would be nice for a change. Its pretty sad that its taken the MCU ten movies just to get to their first one with Nebula. They need to step up.