The Villains of Ant-Man Thread

Or they could use villains that fit in the storyline rather than try to just fill a quota.

I liked the look of the robot Egghead from The Young Masters Of Evil.

800419_egghead.jpg

I wonder if we will ever see a MCU version of the Intelligencia minus the Fantastic Four villains because Marvel don't have the rights. You could swap Dr Doom for Graviton.

Last edited:
A female villain would be nice for a change. Its pretty sad that its taken the MCU ten movies just to get to their first one with Nebula. They need to step up.

i had my heart set on Monica Rappaccini being in this. she was the villain in the last Ant-Man & Wasp mini-series. she's also the scientist supreme of A.I.M; possibly giving the organization more post Iron Man 3 exposure. I guess that they could always introduce Rita Demara as a techie/underling for the main villain. but I'm not expecting any females beyond Janet, Cassie, and (maybe) Scott's ex.

Monica Rappaccini would be cool if AIM were the villains.

i wish that they'd make an actual cool version of Nemesis for the movie. then they could create that character in the comics and have him murder the original; hopefully burning that costume.

He does also have this ugly 2nd Ant-Man costume which he stole from Pym (Pym never wore it). Its made from Adamantium, has a rocket pack and had gauntlets that could fire beams to shrink people out of existence.

29zqxwn.jpg

As ridiculous as he is I still feel like if Edgar is going to use any comic Ant-Man villain in the movie then it could be Dr Nemesis due to his powers literally comes from the hero's technology as Edgar has said. They would just have to have him go by his own name and have a Ant-Man based suit that doesn't look terrible.

Nemesis is bald as is Corey Stoll ;)

Last edited:
He does also have this ugly 2nd Ant-Man costume which he stole from Pym (Pym never wore it). Its made from Adamantium, has a rocket pack and had gauntlets that could fire beams to shrink people out of existence.

29zqxwn.jpg

As ridiculous as he is I still feel like if Edgar is going to use any comic Ant-Man villain in the movie then it could be Dr Nemesis due to his powers literally comes from the hero's technology as Edgar has said. They would just have to have him go by his own name and have a Ant-Man based suit that doesn't look terrible.

Nemesis is bald as is Corey Stoll ;)

I guess I already had Stoll as Elias Starr in my head (and Wilson as Nemesis). but they are interchangeable under these circumstances. I trust Wright to come up with something workable. I just hope that it isn't Madame X.

I guess I already had Stoll as Elias Starr in my head (and Wilson as Nemesis). but they are interchangeable under these circumstances. I trust Wright to come up with something workable. I just hope that it isn't Madame X.
What no fan of Hungarian crossdressers? :funny:

She probably won't show up. Madame X wouldn't of been a bad villain in the comics if they made her more like a female version of Spider-Man villain Chameleon which she already partly was.

Last edited:
i'm softening my stance. i'm now open to Comrade/Madame X making an appearance in the film. if they are still going with Castillo as the big bad, i'd like actress Paz De La Huerta to play the gender-bending Madame X.

Here is a good question, if Egghead was the villain in an Ant Man film, what kind of character would be?

Let's face it, in the comics he is a pretty generic mad scientist, he had moments where he went above and beyond that (what he did to his niece Trish was pretty evil) but he usually did not get out of his basic archetype.

So in this film, should he have defined sympathetic traits or should he be some pure evil monster or something else?

Last edited:
I would rather see him as a out and out villain like Stane rather than conflicted or sympathetic personally.

Here is a good question, if Egghead was the villain in an Ant Man film, what kind of character would be?

Let's face it, in the comics he is a pretty generic mad scientist, he had moments where he went above and beyond that (what he did to his niece Trish was pretty evil) but he usually did not get out of his basic archetype. That

So in his film, should he have defined sympathetic traits or should he be some pure evil monster or something else?

no sympathetic traits; if they want to adhere to canon. Elias was, literally, just the worst example of humanity. dude was "abusing" his own niece. i see him as kind of a lizard-like/skeevy psychopath who is just smart enough to hide it; until he is busted for selling government secrets. him being unmistakenly evil makes him seem like a bigger threat; when he's basically just a human scientist. it also helps to make Ant-Man seem more heroic (necessary since he starts out as a burglar).

I would rather see him as a out and out villain like Stane rather than conflicted or sympathetic personally.

i could imagine him getting along with Stane. but they'd both be secretly arranging the other's death; because that's how they roll.

on another note, it has occurred to me that Marvel doesn't really do sympathetic villainy. even Loki, once you get past the daddy issues, is kind of a backstabbing sadist.

Elihas Starr is a bad egg (pun intended) :cwink:

I guess Winter Soldier was a sympathetic villain. Its debatable he was a villain I suppose. Trevor was more of a pawn than villain as well I suppose.

I want to see a villain truly despicable out and out evil SOB.

Last edited:
Elihas Starr is a bad egg (pun intended) :cwink:

I guess Winter Soldier was a sympathetic villain. Its debatable he was a villain I suppose. Trevor was more of a pawn than villain as well I suppose.

I want to see a villain truly despicable out and out evil SOB.

well you could say that Egghead was a "master of evil."

no sympathetic traits; if they want to adhere to canon. Elias was, literally, just the worst example of humanity. dude was "abusing" his own niece. i see him as kind of a lizard-like/skeevy psychopath who is just smart enough to hide it; until he is busted for selling government secrets. him being unmistakenly evil makes him seem like a bigger threat; when he's basically just a human scientist. it also helps to make Ant-Man seem more heroic (necessary since he starts out as a burglar).

Well there are different types of evil villains, you can have someone who is just a sleazy jerk and you have someone is an absolute monster, who is not unlikable, but truly terrifying or hateful.

Egghead was a pretty generic villain for the most part, out shined in terms of evil by several other villains in the comics, so how evil should he be in this?

This is the trope for the most evil villains you have in a work:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CompleteMonster

Would he be that evil or just a sleazy jerk?

Well there are different types of evil villains, you can have someone who is just a sleazy jerk and you have someone is an absolute monster, who is not unlikable, but truly terrifying or hateful.

Egghead was a pretty generic villain for the most part, out shined in terms of evil by several other villains in the comics, so how evil should he be in this?

This is the trope for the most evil villains you have in a work:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CompleteMonster

Would he be that evil or just a sleazy jerk?

what made Elihas dangerous was his complete lack of scruples. he'd casually murder a family member as easily as his worst enemy. he sold out his country for very little. I don't even think he cared that much for the maid he was banging. Pym's worst nightmare would be someone like Starr getting ahold of his inventions. he's the kind of person that would see the slaughter in Slorenia as a successful weapons test. w/ the right resources, he's definitely more than a sleazy jerk. he's ambitiously evil; yet petty. I kind of hope that they go with the organ harvesting angle in "To Steal An Ant-Man." that seems like the kind of despicable thing Elihas would be a part of.

if any of you read MAX Supreme Power, you might understand what I'm saying when I compare Egghead to Emil Burbank. I think they are the same kind of evil genius.

Last edited:
i really want Matt Gerald to play, both, White Power Dave and (eventually) become Whirlwind. i think he's be a great nemesis for Evangeline Lilly; should she turn out to be Janet Van Dyne. i suspect that neither one of them will have costumed identities in this first movie. but they might get upgraded for future installments or guest-appearances in other marvel movies. but it'd be good to set up the rivalry now. but Dave just has potential "Centipede/A.I.M/Hydra guinea pig" written all over him.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...ite_Power_Dave.png/300px-White_Power_Dave.png

Last edited:
This could be Marvel's first Kaiju movie.

10 Amazing Easter Eggs You Never Noticed In Marvel’s Cinematic Universe
4. Fin Fang Foom (Iron Man 2)
T.J. Barnard said:
Fin Fang Foom (that’s his real name, I swear) is a supervillain who once fought Iron Man in the comics, and a really bizarre one at that. And he has his fans, I suppose. A dragon-like monster awakened by accident in China, Foom went on to terrorise humanity and make problems for our hero Tony Stark, mainly due to his colossal size. And for some reason there’s a billboard with his dirty great face on it within the frames of Iron Man 2.

Yep: you can see some pretty awesome concept art by artist Adi Granov depicting Foom during one of the scenes where Tony Stark zooms through a street in his Iron Man gear. Blink and you’ll certainly miss it. Why is this included, then? Apparently there were plans for Foom to make an appearance in Iron Man 2 at some stage in development, which were – as you’ll know – later scrapped.

But for a long while comic book sites were reporting Foom’s supposed appearance in the movie – a lot of fans seriously thought Tony was gonna have to face off against this massive dragon. Though back then that would have seemed kind of wrong, with the new inter-dimensional plot-lines brought in by Thor and The Avengers, we think Marvel could probably make Foom work on the big screen at some point in future. You know, if they want.

Shane Black And Drew Pearce Considered Using Fin Fang Foom In IRON MAN 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"