The Villains of Ant-Man Thread

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by BatsDC, Jul 18, 2012.

1. JJ01 Registered

See, now that's the difference. It's one thing to say you don't need X character because the story does not include said character and it works fine without him/her, and that's true, you didn't need Iron Man in TWS and viceversa. But it's another to say the inclusion of X character to the MCU is not needed at all, even though that's the point of this universe.

2. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I never said "The MCU needs Hank Pym."
    But if you're going to *include* him in the MCU, as this movie clearly will, then yes, by god, he needs to be part of the title he actually belongs to....to wit: The Avengers.

I know full well that not all the many, many, many Avengers who've been on the comic-book roster will ever make it into the movies; nor do I expect them to. I never demanded that Wasp and Giant-Man be part of the team; I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume that the characters are potentially "cheesy," potentially expensive in terms of vfx/cgi, and/or potentially controversial given their dysfunctional, wife-beating, split-personality psychosis personality clashes over the decades. Hell, I'd be perfectly happy if Hank and Janet were never added to the MCU at all.

*But.* If you include them in the MCU at all, then yes: keeping Giant-Man and Wasp in the MCU, but *out* of the Avengers, is completely and utterly borked. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

3. kosh33 MCU Fanatic

isnt this a villain thread? i vote for the Serpent society, atleast a few members

4. Mysteryman Registered

I lways hoped we would see The Serpent Society on film one day . .

5. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

So it looks like Stoll as Darren Cross/Yellowjacket is the main villain which if the rumours were true meant Wilson was possibly his cousin Crossfire.

I wonder if the Crossfire role will be recast or written out of the movie?

6. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Get this: What if another actor plays him? That would be amazing!

7. babykhris Registered

Now that we got Yellowjacket for Lang maybe we can get Whirlwind for Hope.

8. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Corey Stoll on Yellowjackets costume
    Im hoping for a supercool yellow and black suit!

9. cph9fa Registered

:funny:

But seriously, that sounds awesome!

10. Six Beast-mode

I like the idea of taking Yellowjacket and giving it to a villain. Does Pym really need 3 aliases? They would never do all 3 justice in the MCU.

11. DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

I hope for a really great showdown.

12. CaptainWagner Not Today

-I was assuming Garard would be Whirlwind (White Power Dave/Dave Cannon) but now he seems to have been written out of the script...

13. marcvader Lurker #1

How come Corey Stoll, the lead villain, not have his own thread? Anyways, I've got the feeling this movie will not be your conventional good versus evil threat Marvel film. When asked something along the lines of what kind of villain Yelliwjacket will be, Reed replied, depends on what you consider a villain. I believe the quirkyness of Wright will still show.

14. Mysteryman Registered

When all is said and done ,
    This film will be a unique hybrid of the new and the old .
    It should be interesting to watch .

#464 Mysteryman, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  15. TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

I think Yellowjacket will have his own reasons for going up against Ant Man. It wont be "evil villain is evil just because"

16. cph9fa Registered

I think Stoll said that Cross' justifications for his actions are that he's moving the company into the future, in a new direction, that some judgmental people might call evil.

As far as Reed's "depends what you call a villain" answer, I think that was in response to whether there were any additional villains, beyond Yellowjacket. Which leads me to think that, early on, Hope will be working against her father (thus potentially considered a villain), until she realizes whats going on.

17. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Cross Technology Enterprises slogan is "Where Tomorrow Begins Today".

18. Loki882 Registered

He sounds kind of like an evil Tony Stark with all of the "future" talk.

19. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

One of C.T.E's weapon designs was a Nucleonic Radiator which was built into a suit used for crowd control by brother scientists Roland and Michael English.

The device emits short range radiation from the suit killing anyone in the vicinity while a the treated fabric kept the wearer protected from the radiation.

The suit was being sold to dictators to put down protesters. Roland English adapted the designs and went on to become the original supervillain Atom Smasher.

20. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Any chance that Pym could confiscate the Yellow Jacket suit from Cross at the end and use it for himself?

21. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I don't think Pym likes the idea of a militarized version of his technology by the sound of things so he would probably destroy the Yellowjacket suit rather than use it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pym wear his classic Ant-Man suit which we saw designs for if he suits up at some point.

22. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well he could strip out the military components and just keep the design of the suit, but re-equip it with new technology that is more similar to Ant-Man, but with a bio sting and vibrating wings (like classic YJ).

23. Guard82 Registered

I'm very curious to find out what plans Darren Cross has for the Yellowjacket suit and the rest of Hank Pym's technology. From what I've heard so far, it sounds like Cross will play a role in the movie that is similar to the role that Obadiah Stane played in the first Iron Man film. Like Stane, Cross wants to take possession of the hero's technology and refocus its applications in a different direction. It'll be interesting to see what kind of direction Cross sees for the Ant-Man/Yellowjacket technology. Stane wanted to use the Iron Man technology to supply the world with a new generation of weapons (no matter how dangerous, and no matter whose hands it fell into), so maybe Cross wants to use Pym's designs to help governments to steal military secrets from each other or something similar to that.

24. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

If the rumours of Michael Pena being some sort of South American dictator/warlord and old foe of Pym's are true then I could see Darren Cross selling the Ant-Man/Yellowjacket technology to him.

You could smuggle drugs, weapons or even army across a border if you shrink them down with Pym Particles. A group shrunken soldiers could break into various institutions and cause havoc.

I hope Darren's cousin Crossfire is still in the movie as his henchmen and CIA middle man who helps him set up the deals to sell Pym's technology.

[​IMG]

25. BatsDC Side-Kicker

I was thinking the exact same thing about Cross selling the suit (or an army of them?) to Pena's character. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.