The Villains of Ant-Man Thread

Radioactive Man could be set up from Iron Man 3 to be a villain in this movie maybe?

AIM are big enough and broad enough to appear as recurring villains in several franchises (Ant-Man, Cap 2 etc). They might not be a big part of Iron Man 3 anyway but just there in the background to show they exist. They can be the villainous counterpart of SHIELD where they keep appearing in different movies.
I like that... We were discussing in another thread the idea of AIM being the Phase II lynchpin like SHIELD was in Phase I. I do wonder, though, if they'll tie The Mandarin to AIM. If so, I hope they don't limit the scope of AIM.

I like that... We were discussing in another thread the idea of AIM being the Phase II lynchpin like SHIELD was in Phase I. I do wonder, though, if they'll tie The Mandarin to AIM. If so, I hope they don't limit the scope of AIM.

I like that too. Cool way to further integrate the mcu!

( That, and all those guys that look like Stan Lee, snicker, snicker)

As we delve deeper into the extended 'Family Tree', we find the Grim Reaper! Of course that's after Ulton, Vision and Wonder Man in regular continuity.

There are actually lots more people connected with Pym than Scott Lang:

1. Wasp
2. Ultron
3. Vision
4. Jocasta
5. Scarlet Witch (by virtue of Vision)
6. Quicksilver (by virtue of Scarlet)
7. Wonder Man
8. Grim Reaper
9. Black Goliath/ Bill Foster
10. Original Human Torch
11. Eric Josten Goliath

and many more.

It would be crazy to leave out Pym as he's so central to the Marvel universe.

1. Wasp
2. Ultron
3. Vision
4. Jocasta
7. Wonder Man
8. Grim Reaper
10. Original Human Torch
11. Eric Josten Goliath

and many more.

Amen.

This film will be a sleeper hit of the MCU mark my words. I'd love to see Living Laser personally

I think that AIM should be involved, like a constant, reoccurring threat throughout some of the more grounded Marvel films. I even think AIM should be involved with Captain America, to an extent, but I feel that Ant-Man might really be suited for a fight with AIM.

...so yeah, MODOK. If Wright's involved, he'll make it ridiculous, but in a really fun way. Ultron should be developed in the background, though.

^I like the ideas about AIM too. I was thinking about that for how Iron Man 3 would set up for Phase 2.

^I like the ideas about AIM too. I was thinking about that for how Iron Man 3 would set up for Phase 2.

Or at least part of Phase 2. I feel that it would be a nice common thread that gives all the heroes a chance to go through their own stories while connecting them at the same time. That way, it feels more like a connected universe.

Of course, I have no idea if this would tie together in the Avengers 2, but...

1. Wasp
2. Ultron
3. Vision
4. Jocasta
7. Wonder Man
8. Grim Reaper
10. Original Human Torch
11. Eric Josten Goliath

and many more.

great Post! it has to be Pym imo, I'd still be excited if it wasn't but I'd be less so.

Radioactive Man could be set up from Iron Man 3 to be a villain in this movie maybe?

I've heard that rumor, but it sounds weird. Not that I can't envision a movie Radioactive Man, but he just seems weird to use as an Ant-Man villain. How would Ant-Man fight him, even?

I'd say Ultron should be a setup for future films (maybe Avengers 2/3?) He should be actively working on the Ultron project through the film and leave a teaser at the end for Ultron.

And boom goes the dynamite

Or hero.

According to the rumor, Chen Lu is a hero in IM3 (he was the character that Andy Lau was originally pegged for), but he supposedly doesn't become Radioactive Man. And the rumor says that IM3's post-credit has Chen Lu confronting Ant-Man.

Which tends to indicate Chen Lu comes back for the Ant-Man movie. I don't see how that plays out, so I'm taking that rumor with a huge grain of salt.

I don't think the rumor is true. China doesn't want Radioactive Man or Chinese people villains in Ironman 3 be but they would be alright with a Chinese supervillain in Ant-Man. It doesn't make sense.

curious.. I wonder if they would have some type of shrinking villain for a "nemesis" angle.. hmm... not sure if anybody exists already.. but marvel would own them if they created someone new.. I wouldn't mind.. I'll go out on a limb and state that Pym/Lang's "rogues gallery" is not really all that deep, outside of whatever general Avengers villains you could name..

AIM, Monica Rapaccini, Modok and so on. Science vs science.

Wasn't the first Black Knight an Ant Man villain? He could appear, and then maybe set up an appearance by Dane Whitman in a later movie.

The likelihood is, of course, that the villain will be Egghead. Whirlwind could be worked in, since he's the Wasp's arch.

I'd like to see The Living Laser. There is an old Avengers story where he is trying to steal away Janet Van Dyne, and also he is a similar scientific mastermind with his own unique set of cool gadgets.

Definitely this.

I say save Taskmaster for a Hawkeye/SHIELD movie. Though, he could also be over at Fox if he appears in Deadpool first (lol that's never going to happen..... I made myself sad).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"