The Dark Knight Rises The Villains of The Trilogy - Who was the best and Why? (SPOILERS)

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
This thread is to discuss which Villains of the trilogy who were your favorites and who do you feel had the best film adaptation.

"Batman Begins"
Primary villain - "Ra's Al Ghul"
Secondary villian - "The Scarecrow"
Minor villain - Carmine Falcone, Victor Zsasz

"The Dark Knight"
Primary villain - "The Joker"
Secondary villian - "Two-Face"
Minor villain - Sal Maroni and the mob

"The Dark Knight Rises"
Primary villain - "Bane", "Catwoman"
Secondary villian - "[blackout]Talia Al Ghul[/blackout]"
Minor villain - John Daggett

Last edited:
I loved all the villains, with Bane being my favorite. But...Scarecrow wins the award for showing up in all three films!

You do realize the poll shows your spoiler right?

****, man, These ****ing guys need to learn not to spoil the ****ing movie for every ****ing body. Dude, keep the ****ing spoilers outta here.

Catwoman is not a villain.

I loved them all, but Two-Face is my favorite and I liked him in TDK. Even if he was underused.

The Joker, hands down. His actions caused Bruce to become a recluse for 8 years.

Bane, easily. All the villains have been great in Nolan's trilogy, but Bane was just terrifying.

Bane was scary at first but the more i got into his backstory n all the other stuff towards the end...i actually became uninterested with him...the prologue introduced him with a creepy and mysterious feel...all the flash backs really ruined that feel for me...not to mention the final bats vs bane fight was underwhelming

I absolutely loved the flashbacks. I especially loved getting to see
Tom's full face.

I love hearing this.

Please, please do yourself a favour and don't read any spoilers, Nev. It'll make the experience that much better. :D

The Joker, hands down. His actions caused Bruce to become a recluse for 8 years.

the city was also the safest it's been for 8 years, so IDK I think Bane wins
as he actually accomplishes Jokers goal ten fold (city in chaos for 5 MONTHS!!!)
but Nolan's Villians are so incredible out of the top ten of all cmb film adaptation villians, you can fit six of Batman's foes in there easily.

I'll go with the Joker, who has the most iconic scene of this trilogy, in my opinion. Riding with his head hanging out of the cop car window.

Joker, easily. He always felt like he was twenty steps ahead of everyone, and he didn't have any prep time like Bane did. Bane had a lot of time to burrow underground, set up the traps, etc, without any opposition. By the time they knew what was going on, the trap was set.

If Bane's strategy is like a game of chess, then the Joker's attack felt like 5-Minute Speed Chess. He just kept making new stuff up every few seconds, always thinking ahead, but also thinking really fast. He was a bigger direct threat in a lot of ways than Bane in that way.

Bane is still awesome, though...but I liked Catwoman a lot more. She was just a real scene stealer, a real joy to watch. Not to mention, like Magneto, people are debating if she even counts as a real villain. In my opinion, if you have to argue what side the character is on, that either means they were sympathetic enough to make you root for them, dynamic enough to realistically change sides, or just sloppily written. I think that last option can be ruled out. =P That's the same reason why I loved Two Face, but Catwoman just did a lot, including freaking killing Bane! >_<

Joker, easily. He always felt like he was twenty steps ahead of everyone, and he didn't have any prep time like Bane did. Bane had a lot of time to burrow underground, set up the traps, etc, without any opposition. By the time they knew what was going on, the trap was set.

If Bane's strategy is like a game of chess, then the Joker's attack felt like 5-Minute Speed Chess. He just kept making new stuff up every few seconds, always thinking ahead, but also thinking really fast. He was a bigger direct threat in a lot of ways than Bane in that way.

Bane is still awesome, though...but I liked Catwoman a lot more. She was just a real scene stealer, a real joy to watch. Not to mention, like Magneto, people are debating if she even counts as a real villain. In my opinion, if you have to argue what side the character is on, that either means they were sympathetic enough to make you root for them, dynamic enough to realistically change sides, or just sloppily written. I think that last option can be ruled out. =P That's the same reason why I loved Two Face, but Catwoman just did a lot, including freaking killing Bane! >_<

Indeed; as is the usual ENTP charm. We're clever little devils. :woot: :pal:

Joker. Sure Bane may have done more damage physically. But the Joker won. He corrupted Harvey though the city doesn't know about ievery it's because a batman took the blame. Batman didn't break his one rule Gotham thinks he did. So he basically achieved both of his goals. Joker turned Batman into a villain.

Bane for me.

He simply scared me.

Anytime he was in screen he bossed it.

Not to say The Joker was not spectacular but Bane edges it.

A force of sheer brutality.

Very tough for me to choose. TDK Joker is legendary but Bane just might be my favorite in the trilogy, now. He was just a complete monster in this movie.

...on an unrelated note, I just noticed how many villains were in the series. To anyone who claims you can't have more than one villain work in a film, this hopefully disproves that by a LOT!

I would have said Catwoman but she wasn't really a villain to me.

So the best is The Joker.

Heath Ledger's Joker was not only the best villain of this trilogy, but possibly the best villain in cinema history.

Heath Ledger's Joker was not only the best villain of this trilogy, but possibly the best villain in cinema history.

I would like to be the guy who says "No, you're wrong," but I'm having a hard time figuring out any villain better in the history of cinema off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"