The Wakanda thread

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
image.jpg

Wakanda is as essential to the movie as any of the characters. It matters as much as New York does to spiderman, as london does to sherlock.

With that in mind, how would you like to see wakanda represented?

I'm hoping for a lot of inspiration to come from Pretoria in South Africa but with the expensive extravagance of futurism of Abu Dhabi included.

What do you think?

Any thing that mixes old African inspired culture in design with a streamlined and gleaming ultra-modern and high tech feel is going to suit me fine. I do wonder how central T'challa will be in the advancement of Wakanda? Will the film say that the Wakandan's were always so advanced, orvWill it be that yes, they always had a high standard of living compared to their neighbors, but that T'challa's genius has taken things to a whole other level?

found this awesome fan art

is-this-what-wakanda-will-look-like-in-marvel-s-black-panther-movie-wakandan-kingdoms.jpeg

is-this-what-wakanda-will-look-like-in-marvel-s-black-panther-movie-9212e650-2f01-4827-bd6f-d60300bae835.jpeg

is-this-what-wakanda-will-look-like-in-marvel-s-black-panther-movie-e1a16633-a8da-4378-b6f4-52087d48f88a.jpeg

is-this-what-wakanda-will-look-like-in-marvel-s-black-panther-movie-51e43c2a-e9c9-4c67-8fd1-4f141e4b6725.jpeg

is-this-what-wakanda-will-look-like-in-marvel-s-black-panther-movie-05e6b5f7-7407-49f8-8004-863d20536625.jpeg

Makes sense for Wakanda to have an egyptian influence.Most of their gods are clearly Egyptian inspired

Like a hybrid of Tokyo, planet Naboo and the Serengeti.

Last edited:
I think Thor and GOTG have showed up that they can do amazing things with sets and different surroundings so I believe Wakanda will look great.

I hope they do some filming in Dubai Internet City

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3080.jpg

I've been dying to see wakanda for so long and it was just perfect. That introduction scene with the psychedelic affect of the ship passing through the hologram and then that beautiful wide shot of the thriving city with that epic score. Quite emotional. Almost stood up and whooped in the cinema!

And even that scene with lupita
right after the coup when you could see all the buildings in the background. Incredible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"