The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like that black guy in woodburry is gonna put some moves on michionne:oldrazz:

I didnt really like this episode, too many live people walking around and i already missed ricks group 10mins through this episode.

I thought it was pretty slow. But they did set up some things that needed to be set up, and it got better towards the end.

As for too many living people walking around... there's only like 80 of them.

That's not a whole lot, considering this is supposed to be a bastion for humanity.

Interesting new spin/reboot on the Merle character...

what does the gov. want with rick and his crew whats this guy's plan? never read comic series

what does the gov. want with rick and his crew whats this guy's plan? never read comic series

He's just a nutcase that takes what he wants. Not that complex. But its obvious already he's being done different than the comics

At the moment he doesn't really know Rick or the prison exists, he only knows what Merle told him but...

He'll find out about the prison, go after the prison in a tank and try to kill everyone so he can own the prison.

At the moment he doesn't really know Rick or the prison exists, he only knows what Merle told him but...

He'll find out about the prison, go after the prison in a tank and try to kill everyone so he can own the prison.

Lol subtelty just doesnt seem to be his style. "Hi i like your stuff. Have you seen my tank? Die! Die! Gimme gimme gimme!"

I thought it was pretty slow. But they did set up some things that needed to be set up, and it got better towards the end.

As for too many living people walking around... there's only like 80 of them.

That's not a whole lot, considering this is supposed to be a bastion for humanity.

Funny, I thought there was at least somewhere around 150, then he says "seventy four" and I thought...what are they all doing wandering around the street? Surely there can't be that many places to go.

looks like that black guy in woodburry is gonna put some moves on michionne:oldrazz:

I'm wondering if he will be the reason Michonne gets on the Governor's bad side? That big guy comes on to her, she rejects him (or maybe kicks the snot out of him) and the Gov realizes that she's not going to be brainwashed into the charade of Woodbury.

So in the comics were the heads in cases because
He feeds the bodies to the people in the photos? (His wife and daughter?)

Initially he'll want their weapons, armors, supplies, then it will be revenge. Although I continued with the comics, the end of this storyline was so emotionally draining and messed up that it would have been the perfect end for the comics and I thought for the series it could have been at one point.

I never thought the Governor in the comics was crazy so much as willfully evil. Our heroes don't revel in questionable acts. One of the most and truly vile characters ever in comics for me. Too bad they won't be able to show all the shocking things that go down in the comics. I thought [BLACKOUT]the heads were still "alive" in the comics, moving and gaping? And for practical purposes, perhaps we won't see all the maiming and amputations of certain people.[/BLACKOUT]

At least zombies have no choice, but this guy is a virus himself, corrupting the people to do his bidding and perpetrate disgusting actions like he would. I thought he was particularly intelligent in manipulating the people he "protects" in the comics, ironically promising salvation from the insanity of the end of civilization, when the Governor himself embodies chaos, anarchy, and just plain evil, the worst of humanity. Looking forward to what the show will do with the character.

Last edited:
I think that maybe Merle will be the one who [BLACKOUT]rapes Michonne.[/BLACKOUT]

its a different way to mix things up. unless that big crazy looking black guy does it.

didn't realize that David Morrissey, the Governor, was from the Doctor Who episode, the Next Doctor...

Maybe Andrea is just flirting with the Governor to get inside information.

If she is Michonne doesn't know much about it. Michonne acts like she's ready to cut ties with Andrea and try for an escape by herself.

Did anyone catch the details that Woodsbury woman gave about the incident that happened within the gates?

Did she say a walker got in through the gates or did a Woodsbury resident die "naturally" and turn?

With Michonne.....

Her lack of words and "stares" are showing her distrust for the Governor. She said we want out weapons back like 3 times and has made it clear she wants to leave.

She has plenty to say in the comic when in the group she trusts.

Shes got her guard up and wants to get the hell out of Dodge.

Maybe Andrea is just flirting with the Governor to get inside information.

If she is Michonne doesn't know much about it. Michonne acts like she's ready to cut ties with Andrea and try for an escape by herself.

My thought is Michonne doesn't want anyone to get too close to her anyway, that is why she has shared little information about herself to Andrea. Michonne's pets were obviously family or friends, that's just plain obvious, so for her she keeps people at a distance because she probably figures that getting close to people is useless because they may end up dying.

However, I wonder if she was like this pre-fallout or post. It would be interesting to see if she has always been like this and only became more set in her ways because of the walker fallout.

Did anyone catch the details that Woodsbury woman gave about the incident that happened within the gates?

Did she say a walker got in through the gates or did a Woodsbury resident die "naturally" and turn?

Yeah, it seemed like someone just died from during the winter the way she described it. Maybe that person turned and that's how the people found out that anyone can turn when dead.

But she did also say that the walls hadn't been breached in months or something like that and there was only casualty from this winter.

Can't figure out where Merle is heading yet, almost like there is still hope for him to go out doing something good, he seemed to care about Andrea losing her sister and all that, he's still bad, but might go out doing the right thing, maybe saving someone in the process.

My thought is Michonne doesn't want anyone to get too close to her anyway, that is why she has shared little information about herself to Andrea. Michonne's pets were obviously family or friends, that's just plain obvious, so for her she keeps people at a distance because she probably figures that getting close to people is useless because they may end up dying.

However, I wonder if she was like this pre-fallout or post. It would be interesting to see if she has always been like this and only became more set in her ways because of the walker fallout.

Yeah, it seemed like someone just died from during the winter the way she described it. Maybe that person turned and that's how the people found out that anyone can turn when dead.

But she did also say that the walls hadn't been breached in months or something like that and there was only casualty from this winter.

Oh okay, thanks.

I thought it was kind of funny that Andrea expressed a sympathy and loyalty to Michonne's pets since "they protected us for months".

Michonne gave her another one of her looks. "B--ch please".

I had an odd feeling that they would play out Daryl and Merle similar to the young twins in the comic (shared fates) to begin with when I found out Merle would return. But now that I've seen how his persona has changed I'm really not sure what they have planned for him.
I guess would be interesting if he was the "Lilly" for the show...

Can't figure out where Merle is heading yet, almost like there is still hope for him to go out doing something good, he seemed to care about Andrea losing her sister and all that, he's still bad, but might go out doing the right thing, maybe saving someone in the process.

What if he's the one who [BLACKOUT]kills The Governor[/BLACKOUT]?

I think that maybe Merle will be the one who [BLACKOUT]rapes Michonne.[/BLACKOUT]

its a different way to mix things up. unless that big crazy looking black guy does it.

Oh man, Michonne gets raped? If she has trust issues now then that will send her over the edge. :csad:

I hope Merle doesn't do it, he seems alright so far. Then again, he is a part of a crew who are murdering innocent people. I don't know...to me, if Merle rapes Michonne, it'd make it a little bit too easy for Daryl to choose the group over his brother. I want that decision to be a lot more complicated for Daryl.

It'd be interesting if Merle somehow saved Andrea and Michonne yet Rick will still not want him near the group, it would play into the new Rick who is willing to make cold decisions if he feels someone could put the group at risk.

I'm caught up now. So far the season has started out decently. I enjoyed Rick's face off with the prisoners in episode 2 and was glad he didn't hesitate to take out the lead prisoner once he realized the guy was out to get him.

The third episode moved slowly, but it did a good job of introducing the Governor. I'm sort of glad they took a whole episode to do that, to show that how important he's going to be in the lives of Rick's crew, if they follow the comics of course.

I did get a little tired of Michonne's silence and hard looks. And I wonder why it took three episodes (at least the first episode) before we learned her name? I also wish there was a bit more of a rapport between her and Andrea, instead of her just sulking all the time. I get that she's a badass but I would like to see a bit more interaction. I do find it odd that Andrea hasn't pressed Michonne until now to learn more about her, or why Michonne hasn't been forthcoming.

I did get a little tired of Michonne's silence and hard looks. And I wonder why it took three episodes (at least the first episode) before we learned her name? I also wish there was a bit more of a rapport between her and Andrea, instead of her just sulking all the time. I get that she's a badass but I would like to see a bit more interaction. I do find it odd that Andrea hasn't pressed Michonne until now to learn more about her, or why Michonne hasn't been forthcoming.

Well after the way Andrea spilled the beans to the Governor at the breakfast table, I don't blame Michonne for keeping her in the dark.

Andrea is the only kink in Michonne's armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"