The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people probably like it, but I think the writers really need to figure out a way to balance the characters arcs without having to devote an entire episode to just one or two characters so often. It's starting to annoy me.

They seem to be really trying to stretch the Woodbury arc.

Depends? Was it all worth it? :o

I still say we need more backstory on Andy's and Mitch's relationship. :o

Well the Woodbury/Prision arch takes up a lot from the comic (from Issue 13 to 48).

And frankly, the show is handling it better. Love the comic, but there's a tremendous amount of sitting around waiting for Woodbury to attack.

I don't have any complaints about the show handing an episode to Rick-Michonne-Carl-Morgan and then doing an episode focused on the main players at Woodbury. It worked extremely well.

I'm not sure how anyone could reasonably hate the return to Rick's hometown. All of those characters were elevated BIG TIME. Rick showed that he could function and have perspective on his condition, Carl continues to mature as a child soldier and an older brother, Morgan stole the episode with his cunning and his crazy, and Michonne finally became a character!

Episode 14, Andrea made a comeback. It was probably, almost assuredly for my money, the best episode for the Governor. He finally took on a level of menace and villainy that shooting Axel in the head could never give him. He's a scary guy now. Milton, well, this was an okay episode for Milty. As someone else mentioned, he has battered woman syndrome for the Governor. Tyreese continues to build as a character that's going to make a big move, the right move, at the right time. And that angry old white dude in his party took on another dimension, now we have some insight into why he's been a conniving prick.

So yeah, I think the episodes that have focused on a handful of characters has done great service to those characters. It will make everything matter all the more when everyone meets up in these last two episodes.

The only problem I have with the Walking Dead right now is waiting a week in between episodes.

I don't have any complaints about the show handing an episode to Rick-Michonne-Carl-Morgan and then doing an episode focused on the main players at Woodbury. It worked extremely well.

I'm not sure how anyone could reasonably hate the return to Rick's hometown. All of those characters were elevated BIG TIME. Rick showed that he could function and have perspective on his condition, Carl continues to mature as a child soldier and an older brother, Morgan stole the episode with his cunning and his crazy, and Michonne finally became a character!

Episode 14, Andrea made a comeback. It was probably, almost assuredly for my money, the best episode for the Governor. He finally took on a level of menace and villainy that shooting Axel in the head could never give him. He's a scary guy now. Milton, well, this was an okay episode for Milty. As someone else mentioned, he has battered woman syndrome for the Governor. Tyreese continues to build as a character that's going to make a big move, the right move, at the right time. And that angry old white dude in his party took on another dimension, now we have some insight into why he's been a conniving prick.

So yeah, I think the episodes that have focused on a handful of characters has done great service to those characters. It will make everything matter all the more when everyone meets up in these last two episodes.

I agree with pretty much all of this.

The only problem I have with the Walking Dead right now is waiting a week in between episodes.

Well there's always....

tumblrmipxx8bd9v1rct6k7.gif

I would think with a 15+ episodes they could fine a way to incoporate more characters in a single episode is all. It's really dragging things out.

^Not really. They've handled it pretty well imo. They aren't obligated to feature every character in each episode. It keeps it from being too monotonous

:wow: Here's a snippet of footage from the Season Finale!
[YT]y9FepS8Yo1g[/YT]

RIP [blackout]guard tower[/blackout]

^Not really. They've handled it pretty well imo. They aren't obligated to feature every character in each episode. It keeps it from being too monotonous
Of course they aren't obligated, I could see the benefit of it if they weren't just treading water with these episodes with little character development.

Of course they aren't obligated, I could see the benefit of it if they weren't just treading water with these episodes with little character development.

That's pretty much how I've felt about the past few episodes. But it looks like there's going to be a slam bang conclusion.

How can you say there was little character development in these past few episodes? These were character episodes. Especially episodes 12 and 14.

Hardly. There were about 3 episodes focused on Andrea to simply realize that the Governor is a villain. Yet we get half an episode for Daryl to realize he belongs with his family in the prison. It's very inconsistent.

Hardly. There were about 3 episodes focused on Andrea to simply realize that the Governor is a villain. Yet we get half an episode for Daryl to realize he belongs with his family in the prison. It's very inconsistent.
The last 3 episodes were totally character driven. We've had some really compelling character moments for the following over that span: Rick, Morgan, Michonne, Carl, Daryl, Milton, Andrea, the Governor, Merle, and even Martinez.

The episode with Morgan may have been the best one since the first episode. I'm excluding that one. What are these other great character moments you speak of? The last few weeks have just been Andrea, Milton, and Tyrese finally realizing the Governor is a jerk.

I guess to me...it feels like it's becoming more of a soap opera than a proper drama. Maybe it's just me.

Ive loved pretty much this whole season...
Its been especially good recently IMO :hrt:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"