The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 16 "Welcome to the Tombs" Discussion Thread

Not sure why some consider him The Gov a series regular? I doubt he will be the main bad next season, he may show up in the second half as a reason to leave the prison, but I'm betting they'll have a whole new threat next season.

Plus++++
they now have a bus like the Muppets to get around.

There will most likely be new threats But I think The Gov will still be heavily involved

This ending felt like a copout to me. Feels more like another mid-season finale than an actual season finale imo.

A lot of people feel the same (me included). It was lame, anti-climatic. Not only the finale, they've done a poor job with Andrea, Michonne, Rick, the Governor... most of the season. Michonne was silent most of the time and it got old fast, crazy Rick was dumb and the Governor could've been more compelling, if he'd been less crazy. They could've positioned him as an intriguing, plausible alternative to Rick, but what's done is done. :whatever:

Regarding Carl killing the other boy, the scene was intended to be a bit ambiguous by having the boy approaching Carl. He was wrong to kill him though, but they're developing the character, which is interesting, besides, he's still a kid.

7_Ur_XKzk.jpg

After seeing the gif of Andrea's alternate death. Now it makes sense why Milton's hair looked a little different at the beginning of "Welcome to the Tombs" compared to the last time we saw him (after he mentioned to the Gov. about the burned zombies in the pit.) They reshot it.

Nope, it's called posing for a picture.

I think the more I think about this finale and the more that I end up watching it, the less I'll like it. Not so much for the lack of a real battle and extending the Governor's stay, but for the complete rush job that was Andrea's death. It was just so ****ing sloppy and obvious that they look at the fan response for Andrea in S3, got scared, and went "Ehh.... Redeem her? **** that, let's just get her off the stage." It was a completely idiotic way for her to get killed off and just rang ridiculously false. She as a character has made some misguided attempts at brokering peace between the two groups, but do you REALLY expect me to believe that a woman in her situation would essentially just sit there twiddling her thumbs while waiting for someone to die when it means she'll get taken out too? Come on... just bad writing. And they only told Laurie Holden a few days before filming that she'd be getting killed. The whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.

Whatcha doin' to Glenn there Norman? Is that Karen?

I think the more I think about this finale and the more that I end up watching it, the less I'll like it. Not so much for the lack of a real battle and extending the Governor's stay, but for the complete rush job that was Andrea's death. It was just so ****ing sloppy and obvious that they look at the fan response for Andrea in S3, got scared, and went "Ehh.... Redeem her? **** that, let's just get her off the stage." It was a completely idiotic way for her to get killed off and just rang ridiculously false. She as a character has made some misguided attempts at brokering peace between the two groups, but do you REALLY expect me to believe that a woman in her situation would essentially just sit there twiddling her thumbs while waiting for someone to die when it means she'll get taken out too? Come on... just bad writing. And they only told Laurie Holden a few days before filming that she'd be getting killed. The whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.
Exactly how I feel. :dry:

Now the realization that we'll never get to see a badass Andrea fight alongside Michonne, Rick and Darryl comes in. :cmad:

Last edited:
I think this is going to end up being the Spider-Man 3 of TWD finales for me. I enjoyed parts of it while it was happening, but looking back I'll go "Oh no no no... that's no good."

I wasn't crazy about Andrea's death at all. As horrendous as Lori was as a character, her death was devastating. Andrea's seemed like an afterthought.

The idea was decent - having her trapped in her room with a dying Milton. But then they had her monologing while she should have been trying to get the damn pliers. I even wish they'd given Milton more of a fight, instead we just saw the tail end of his demise. It was disappointing that we didn't get to see the fight either.

Yes, she made some terrible decisions, and she could be hard to like. But she deserved better than that.

Well it is telling that it wasn't their original idea to kill off Andrea when they laying out the season. Decieding somewhere near the end of the season to do it was bad. And then they aren't even sure how to kill her? Come on....I can only wonder how the end of the season would've been if we didn't have all these major shake ups bts.

That cast photo above was hilarious. As was the one they did for season 2. It's funny to see them all out of character (especially Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Sasha, and the Gov.) and aren't being depressed and dead serious all the time. Too bad Merle didn't make the photo. It must've been taken on the last day of filming of season 3. carl's like "Are we really doing this? Seriously." And I wonder why Andrea's wearing Rick's jacket in that photo?

I think everything was written and shot by the time Mazzara got his pink slip. Shoot, this episode might be the reason why he did. :o

Cue the conspiracy theories that Holden demanded they write her character better and give her decent storylines which pissed them off like how dare she not be grateful that they haven't killed Andrea off, so they do. :o

I agree with those that believe that the finale was a lame send off for Andrea. I honestly thought she was going to make it to season 4 before the last 10 minutes, b/c Andrea has proven to be a survivor both this season and last season. I also thought Tyreese was going to find her and save her. Especially after he took off when Sasha wanted to take the next watch. Oh well. I think this will hurt them in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"