The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 16 "Welcome to the Tombs" Discussion Thread

:hehe:

With the "No one can make it on their own" message at the end of the episode, it would've been a good contrast if he just mowed everyone down, those two included. Would've seemed less ridiculous on their part.

Last night's ep. both Martinez and Schubert (sp?) finally realised they both work for a psychopath. Yet they continue to join him.

Not sure why some consider him The Gov a series regular? I doubt he will be the main bad next season, he may show up in the second half as a reason to leave the prison, but I'm betting they'll have a whole new threat next season.

Plus++++
they now have a bus like the Muppets to get around.

You're making a lot of assumptions.

People die at the drop of a hat on this show. We have no idea at this point how much of Season 4 The Governor will even be in.

He was signed as a series regular for the fourth season, The Hollywood Reporter posted that news last night. He was a series regular for season three, as well. So they've locked him in for 16 episodes, they may not use him for every episode (I believe he was in 13-14 this season) but he can't join a new show or recur while TWD is filming. You don't sign him as a series regular if he's only going to be in 2 episodes.

I think everything was written and shot by the time Mazzara got his pink slip. Shoot, this episode might be the reason why he did. :o

Scott Gimple rewrote Andrea's final scenes with Milton and then with the group. They filmed that 2 months after the episode was already shot. So who knows what kind of mess the season finale or the final batch of episodes were. Dalla Roberts mentions in that link that they were in a hiatus before the final three were filmed. No shows go on a hiatus like that unless they're having script problems. Kirkman didn't sound happy with AMC when the video of Milton biting Andrea was released last night and their "mistake" was exposed.

I wonder how different the two storylines ended up being. I don't imagine Andrea being bitten while chained up instead of being bitten after setting herself free is the extent of it...

Going to read some recaps tonight. AV Club is particularly brutal. Exciting :funny:

My opinion on the the finale.

The Governor finally stepped it up. Now I know why he's a better villain than Shane.

"In this world you either, kill or die, ...or you die and kill"

Badass line. I don't care who you are.

I didn't expect the level of complaining I'm seeing, didn't everyone know Morrissey had signed on for season 4 so the Governor was never going to die?

Personally I liked how Andrea's death was done, not seeing what happened, then thinking she was fine and then seeing her bite marks was well executed IMO, and her final scenes with Rick, Michonne and Rick were good.

The action sequence at the prison was a bit average and the fact Maggie and Glen did the shooting while the 3 badass members of the group were nowhere to be seen was underwhelming, but the Governor going completely loco and massacaring his own people was a twist I didn't see coming and sets him up in an interesting predicament for next season.

Carl the cold blooded killer doesn't really interest me at all.

The quiet end with Rick regaining some of his lost humanity worked well but I couldn't help but wonder why they didn't all move to the nicer Woodbury instead of bringing all the people to the prison, I mean I doubt the Governor went back there as there was no reason to anymore.

I didn't expect the level of complaining I'm seeing, didn't everyone know Morrissey had signed on for season 4 so the Governor was never going to die?

Personally I liked how Andrea's death was done, not seeing what happened, then thinking she was fine and then seeing her bite marks was well executed IMO, and her final scenes with Rick, Michonne and Rick were good.

The action sequence at the prison was a bit average and the fact Maggie and Glen did the shooting while the 3 badass members of the group were nowhere to be seen was underwhelming, but the Governor going completely loco and massacaring his own people was a twist I didn't see coming and sets him up in an interesting predicament for next season.

Carl the cold blooded killer doesn't really interest me at all.

The quiet end with Rick regaining some of his lost humanity worked well but I couldn't help but wonder why they didn't all move to the nicer Woodbury instead of bringing all the people to the prison, I mean I doubt the Governor went back there as there was no reason to anymore.

Given AMC's history of being cheap and cutting costs when they can to maximize profit, they probably didn't want to pay to close down that town for another season and abandon the prison set they built.

I wonder how different the two storylines ended up being. I don't imagine Andrea being bitten while chained up instead of being bitten after setting herself free is the extent of it...

I don't know when the changes came but I found it funny that Laurie Holden clearly got a pedicure for her foot vs pliers scene. :D

Given AMC's history of being cheap and cutting costs when they can to maximize profit, they probably didn't want to pay to close down that town for another season and abandon the prison set they built.

I didn't know AMC were cheap but I guess that explains it.

I'm still guessing home-field advantage. If they moved into Woodbury and the Gov decided to come after them there, there's a good chance he knows the place better than they do. He may have secret ways in, etc. At least they (somewhat) know the prison.

Also, I think Kirkman said something to the effect of "Woodbury is a great place to keep out walkers, but maybe not the best place to keep out people."

Although I'm glad to see Andrea go, as obviously michonne will replace the 'badass' girl.

However her story arc was done along time ago, and basically canonfodder.

Which worries me, about Merle dead now.

What is Darryls' purpose?

He was never looking to belong in a group, he has no family to look for now, and frankly I have no care for seeing his love story happen with Carol.

I'm hoping someone can shed on some light, other than be a badass, but I honestly worry a lot about him now :(.

I didn't know AMC were cheap but I guess that explains it.

Where have you been?

- Budget arguments with Frank Darabont in season two
- Long, relationship destroying budget negotiations for Mad Men and Breaking Bad
- Reduced budget & episode order for The Killing S3
- Producing 8 low budget reality shows
- Passed on creating new dramas in 2009 and 2012

These have been in the media and mentioned on the boards.

This is basically what the inside of my Tivo looked like at 9:00 last night...

wdgot_zps53783fce.jpg

I'm still guessing home-field advantage. If they moved into Woodbury and the Gov decided to come after them there, there's a good chance he knows the place better than they do. He may have secret ways in, etc. At least they (somewhat) know the prison.

Also, I think Kirkman said something to the effect of "Woodbury is a great place to keep out walkers, but maybe not the best place to keep out people."

I guess that makes sense, better the devil you know in a war situation.

Where have you been?

- Budget arguments with Frank Darabont in season two
- Long, relationship destroying budget negotiations for Mad Men and Breaking Bad
- Reduced budget & episode order for The Killing S3
- Producing 8 low budget reality shows
- Passed on creating new dramas in 2009 and 2012

These have been in the media and mentioned on the boards.

I don't really follow TV news and I don't watch some of those shows, so I wasn't aware of most of this.

Interview with Dallas Roberts (Milton), explaining the two different death scenes that were shot:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/01/the-walking-dead-dallas-roberts-milton-andrea/

EW: Yeah, I know you guys originally shot a much different version of this whole scene. Walk me through how it was originally shot.

ROBERTS: Originally, the beating scene that started the episode wasn’t there. Originally, I showed up and was led into the room where Andrea was and I took the tools out – the instruments of torture that were laid on the table — and then he shot me in the stomach, completely unexpectedly. And then I was left to bleed out in the same idea basically — you’re going to kill her now. There was a lot more of Milton trying to open the door and him trying to free her from the chains. And then there was a section where he was going to wrap the chain around the neck and try to choke her to death before he turned so she wouldn’t have to deal with Walker Milton, or Biter Milton, as it were.

And then at the end of that, it was just Tyreese and someone else who found her. Rick and Daryl and Michonne weren’t there. So it was essentially the same idea, except you saw me taking chunks out of Laurie Holden in that version. And then they called us back a few months later to reshoot it and made all those changes. So now you’re not sure if I’ve gotten her until after that door opens, and I think that’s probably why they did it.

EW: So they actually shot the scene of you as a zombie biting into her?

ROBERTS: Yeah. It’s funny, in the articles and on Talking Dead last night, you’ll notice stills of Milton where he has glasses on [Ed Note: See picture above!]. They are from the scenes that we shot and weren’t aired. Because Milton gets his glasses knocked off and never has glasses in the interrogation scene in this finale. But I’ve seen a lot of pictures where Milton has blood on his mouth and glasses on that were from that first shooting.

EW: So tell me about the part where you were trying to strangle her.

ROBERTS: They both desperately wanted for that to work but at that point he had bled out so much. So he pulls and pulls and pulls but he doesn’t get it done and he falls against the wall and is passed out. And he never comes back from that until he turns into a walker.

EW: When you came back to do the reshoot, was that after Glen Mazzara had moved off the show?

ROBERTS: Yes, it was after he and AMC had decided to part, but he was still theoretically in charge of the back half of the season. I didn’t see him there. I don’t know if we was in L.A. pulling those strings. Scott Gimple, who ended up taking the showrunner position, was there, so some of those changes may have come from him.

Definitely more gruesome than the ending that aired.

The Gov is a psychopath and I was sitting there in disbelief that no one shot him when he went loose on the group.

That's not what happened!..They were all ambushed inside the prison by tear gas and walkers and then shot at outside by most of the group in which not all of them were visible and then they left,The Gov and his two guys went after them to maybe bring them back or something.

I've got no idea where you or whoever made the meme came up with just two shooters and the reason they all left!

Talking Dead got Phone bombed last night. Haha

It was still pretty silly. You go into a prison with heavy firepower, and run for the hills when you get hit by tear gas, and fired upon... by two people.

What exactly did they expect?

Can't really blame the Governor for mowing down those idiots.

That's not what happened!..They were all ambushed inside the prison by tear gas and walkers and then shot at outside by most of the group in which not all of them were visible and then they left,The Gov and his two guys went after them to maybe bring them back or something.

I've got no idea where you or whoever made the meme came up with just two shooters and the reason they all left!

There were only 2 shooters at the prison, and they scared governor's whole army away. Pretty pathetic in my opinion.

I expected Martinez to blow up Glenn and Maggie with his war machine rather than running away with the crowd. So this meme makes perfect sense. Pretty pathetic episode anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"