The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 5 "Say The Word" Discussion Thread

oakzap425

Avenger
Reaction score
I figured I'd go ahead and post this thread since I haven't seen the trailer or clips posted here yet. If they have been posted, sorry for the repeats.

Ep 5 Preview:
[YT]8a2iTHwKSVA[/YT]

Ep 5 Sneak Peek #1 (amctv.com):
[YT]w2L-noBsqhw[/YT]

Ep Sneak Peek #2 (appeared during Talking Dead):
[YT]llGbOEzfbEE[/YT]

Stills from Ep 5 (amctv.com):
TWD_RK_305_0703_0080.jpg

TWD_GP_305_0629_0127.jpg

Will update as I find new promos and pics.

Michonne ain't playing games.

I can't wait to see Rick going nuts.

[YT]v1cwXdZDBrU[/YT]

I don't see any problem with calling them biters...hell it's a 1,000x better than calling them "geeks." lol

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it. Considering that they do, in fact, bite... :o

It reminds me of the Simpsons Halloween episode where they call the zombies "munchers".

Walkers, Geeks, Lamebrains, Stenchers, Biters....I think that's all the nicknames for the zombies of the TWD thus far?

I don't see any problem with calling them biters...hell it's a 1,000x better than calling them "geeks." lol
Same here. I never understood the logic of caklling them geeks, it's not like the zombies are all that smart, lol. :p

Biters is just as good as walkers, if you are avoiding the Z word then, lol. :p

In the comics they never use the term zombies because in that world, there's no such thing as zombies in fiction before the outbreak.

In the comics they never use the term zombies because in that world, there's no such thing as zombies in fiction before the outbreak.

Really? That is odd considering zombie lore goes back thousands of years in human culture and is spread among many cultures. It would take a serious alteration of human culture for it not to exist.

Really? That is odd considering zombie lore goes back thousands of years in human culture and is spread among many cultures. It would take a serious alteration of human culture for it not to exist.

Well actually the modern concept only goes back to the 1960's. You had similar things like mummies, but slow moving zombies wanting brains and infecting people with bites pretty much goes back to the Smurfs and Night of the Living Dead.

Actually, ghouls would be the closest historical comparison. And vampires (the old fashioned kind, not the sparkly kind).

Actually, ghouls would be the closest historical comparison. And vampires (the old fashioned kind, not the sparkly kind).

Its just hard to think that zombies wouldn't exist in this world's cultrues. Something major would need to change in human history to exclude the idea from the human psyche. At least, it seems that way to me. Doesn't voodoo also deal in the living dead in some capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"