The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 4 "Indifference"

I'm so torn about the Carol banishment. I hated her character at first but she really came around and turned into on of my favorites. Yes, what she did was wrong but Rick kicking her out is worse, IMO. I really hope Daryl goes out looking for her. He's gonna be so pissed. Of course, I think Rick might not tell the truth about it. I'm starting to not like Rick.

I like that Carol's action was given real consequence. It does quite a bit to justify her doing it in the first place, which initially seemed like a stretch. It seems to me that Rick not telling the truth about it was not an option for him so sending her away could be seen as a favor. Like he said, if Tyrese didn't kill her most of everyone else would have banished her anyway.

Hehe... the "group".

That "group" isn't long for this world, I'm betting.

This episode was great.

It's definitely not the last time we see Carol.

Especially not with her bumped to series regular.

After watching the episode last night, allow me to belatedly join the "Rick is a hypocrite dick" bandwagon. "No one is allowed to make ruthless decisions, including killing people who might be threats, for the good of the group... APART FROM ME!"

After watching the episode last night, allow me to belatedly join the "Rick is a hypocrite dick" bandwagon. "No one is allowed to make ruthless decisions, including killing people who might be threats, for the good of the group... APART FROM ME!"

Has Rick ever killed any of his own group without discussing it first with the others?

Agreed. It feels like Rick is almost addicted to being the leader.

Has Rick ever killed any of his own group without discussing it first with the others?

No one. Apart from Shane. And that prisoner who was giving him the stink-eye, an axe in the heard sorted him out. I mean, he was probably gonna prove to be a threat later, right?

No one. Apart from Shane. And that prisoner who was giving him the stink-eye, an axe in the heard sorted him out. I mean, he was probably gonna prove to be a threat later, right?

He didn't set out to kill Shane though, Shane was trying to kill him. Didn't the guy he killed with the axe come at him and he was not part of their group, they were inmates if I recall and Daryl was there. Carol killed two of their own group in cold blood without talking to anyone about it, and if Rick hadn't sent her away Tyreese would have killed her.

He didn't set out to kill Shane though, Shane was trying to kill him. Didn't the guy he killed with the axe come at him and he was not part of their group, they were inmates if I recall and Daryl was there. Carol killed two of their own group in cold blood without talking to anyone about it, and if Rick hadn't sent her away Tyreese would have killed her.

If I recall, the inmate "accidentally" shoved Rick over while they were fighting zombies, then the inmate helped him up while making a smarmy comment about how he needed to be more careful. Rick foresaw a power struggle in the future if he let this go unchecked, so decided to skip all that and axe him in the head.

And it wasn't really in cold blood that Carol killed them. She killed two people hours, if not minutes from death, who were in terrible pain, both to ease their suffering and to try and stave off the spread of infection. It was stupid and wrong, and ultimately pointless, but it's like Rick refused to even see the complexity of the dilemma and just thought, "You are bad, you must go."

If I recall, the inmate "accidentally" shoved Rick over while they were fighting zombies, then the inmate helped him up while making a smarmy comment about how he needed to be more careful. Rick foresaw a power struggle in the future if he let this go unchecked, so decided to skip all that and axe him in the head.

And it wasn't really in cold blood that Carol killed them. She killed two people hours, if not minutes from death, who were in terrible pain, both to ease their suffering and to try and stave off the spread of infection. It was stupid and wrong, and ultimately pointless, but it's like Rick refused to even see the complexity of the dilemma and just thought, "You are bad, you must go."

That's right, but they were prisoners and for all Rick knew dangerous men, while what he did was brutal it was in protection of his group and he had the backing of Daryl in the situation.

She didn't know that though, they couldn't be certain what would happen and they were setting things in motion to try and help them, plus she didn't speak to anyone about it, she did it on the sly and then lied about it, it's an enormous breach of trust and a murder of your own team.

I don't think Rick was unreasonable about it, how does he know she wouldn't pull the trigger without warning on Carl or Herschel or Glen or Maggie if she suddenly panicked again? Plus as I said, Tyreese was going to kill her once he found out.

Tyreese would only find out if Rick "I'm an honourable man unless I'm secretly planning on handing over Michonne to the Governor to get tortured horribly and killed" Grimes felt the moral obligation to tell him.

Tyreese would only find out if Rick "I'm an honourable man unless I'm secretly planning on handing over Michonne to the Governor to get tortured horribly and killed" Grimes felt the moral obligation to tell him.

Rick didn't make the decision on Michonne without discussing it with the others, and she wasn't part of their group at the time. Plus do you think Tyreese was just going to let it lay? He was obsessed over the killing of the woman he loved, eventually he was gonna find out.

I'm not saying Rick's decision was badly written or anything. The show did a really good job of making both characters' actions utterly justifiable from their own experience and perspective. And I think it's a strength rather than a weakness of the show that one person can watch that scene can side with Rick, while another person can watch it and feel like Carol was the wronged party.

He pushed a zombie onto him, trying to get him killed. Then acted like it was an accident when Rick lived.

I'm not saying Rick's decision was badly written or anything. The show did a really good job of making both characters' actions utterly justifiable from their own experience and perspective. And I think it's a strength rather than a weakness of the show that one person can watch that scene can side with Rick, while another person can watch it and feel like Carol was the wronged party.

Definitely, the moral questions the show asks is one of it's strengths.

I like that Carol's action was given real consequence. It does quite a bit to justify her doing it in the first place, which initially seemed like a stretch. It seems to me that Rick not telling the truth about it was not an option for him so sending her away could be seen as a favor. Like he said, if Tyrese didn't kill her most of everyone else would have banished her anyway.

Yes. There was no way that the killing and burning did not warrant a consequence. I do kinda think with how much Carol has grown that she might be right when she said she could handle Tyrese.

I wonder how those girls are going to react once they learn Carol isn't coming back. Especially after the older one called her mom.

Definitely, the moral questions the show asks is one of it's strengths.

Exactly why I love this show. It's not about the zombies. It's about the survivors and their struggles and what happens to humanity when the world is ending.

I both loved and hated this episode.

I definitely don't agree with Rick's unilateral decision to exile Carol from the prison, the group of survivors and her (newly) adopted daughters. But, it was good to see Rick and Carol somewhat openly debate the decisions and actions which led them to that point.

The two survivors that Rick and Carol stumbled upon seemed like an odd diversion and I have to wonder how two such incompetent people have survived so long during the zombie apocalypse given all the troubles that Rick and his group have faced. The death of the girl and the disappearance of the boy were both highly suspicious.

The B storyline with Darryl and company was a little dull. The developments for Tyrese and Bob were poorly handled and I would have been fine with both of them becoming zombie food. Tyrese's back and forth between wanting to live and die seemed especially odd since he's on a mission to find medicine to help his sister live. And Bob's decision to completely ignore all medical supplies and only steal a half-bottle of alcohol was bizarre, especially after his admission to Darryl. Surely he could have filled the bad with medical supplies AND alcohol?

As an aside, I keep meaning to ask, can zombies walk up stairs in this show? I know they can't "walk" down stairs, but instead just fall down. But, I was wondering if they're capable of climbing stairs. I guess if they can't "walk" up them, then they might simply "fall over" and somehow crawl up the stairs, although that would surely take them a while.

I think we've seen them go up stairs although I can't think of a particular instance of it.

The other thing I don't understand about the show is how easily the people are able to squash, stab the zombie heads and their body parts. Does the virus make them extremely squishy even if they are freshly dead?

^^^^

I think they're meant to get squishier the more they decompose. But, even recently dead walkers appear to be extremely suspectible to any kind of injury.

What I don't understand is how their teeth and jaws seem abnormally strong. Even "old" zombies seem to be able to easily tear chunks out of their victims with little effort. They can tear humans apart more easily than I can tear roast chicken from the bone. Maybe it's a helpful side effect of the zombification process?

I also don't understand why some human victims stay silent and don't fight back when bitten. Perhaps there is some kind of fast-acting paralytic in zombie saliva? Or I guess it could just be that some victims go into shock or lose so much blood from the initial zombie bite that they're incapable of screaming or moving?

I think it is just creative licensing to show the zombies getting their skulls squished and with the tearing of flesh. I've done autopsies and tissue recovery and let me tell you there is no way human flesh tears easily like that. Now it does get easier when there is decomposition involved but it is still not like what they show.

^^^^

Damn creative licensing! They have no right to misrepresent zombie facts on this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"