The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 10 "The Next World" Discussion Thread

I can't believe there are people that say they didn't see "Richonne" being a thing and always saw them as a brother/sister relationship, and that it came out of nowhere. What show have they been watching?! Rick always checks looks Michonne up and down and then looks away like he's not. The only time he didn't look away was in episode 6x07.

Yeah, no. Jessie came out of nowhere. But it worked out alright for me because was Ghost Lori Redux. Jessie is dresses like Lori; she wears a similar shirt as Lori did when Rick reunited with her in season 1. The Rick/Jessie garage kiss looked just when Rick was kissing Ghost Lori outside the prison in season 3, and he was totally dead-eyed in that scene and he was around Jessie. Jessie says to Rick, "Tell me there's more..." right before he kisses her and "Tell me..." is something Lori used to say. Rick never took his ring off, and never even tried to sleep with her. He was still in survival mode and tried to use that mentality to revert back to his normal life. He was a mess.

Anyone thinking that is either blind to what's been happening on the show or are too caught up in what Rick and Michonne's relationship was in the comics. Comic Rick and Michonne are definitely more of a brother/sister thing, but their relationship on the show has always been quite different from the source material.

I almost feel like this episode was course correction for Rick. It seemed like they were pushing Jessie/Rick really hard but try as they might, they couldn't make Jessie an interesting character. It's shame too because Alexandra Breckenridge is awesome, but her character would have been better suited to Fear the Walking Dead; she would have fit right in with that boring group. It feels like the producers realized this and were like, "Okay, kill that whole family and let's get some Richonne on!"

I may be wrong, but jumping so quickly from their deaths to Richonne made it feel that way to me. Mind you, I'm not complaining; the less boring (Jessie), annoying (Jessie's youngest son) or infuriating dipsh** (middle son) characters, the better. I'm glad they all died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"