The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 12 "Not Tomorrow Yet" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Kane52630, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Slick

Slick Yup

I hope they can keep it up.

2. Drizzle

Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

I think if they keep this up, this could be the best season because of this second half alone.

3. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

I could tell this season that she's been pregnant and they've been trying to hide it.

4. OB12

OB12 Registered

Yeah, they had a stack of plates blocking her belly when she was talking with Denise. :)

This was a great episode. The tension was really palpable during that whole invasion of the compound.

5. hitmanyr2k

hitmanyr2k Resident Lurker

I was actually feeling bad for the Saviors getting killed in their sleep until I saw the pictures of the bashed heads on the wall. Who keeps pictures of bashed-in heads on the wall as freakin momentos :funny:

6. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

[​IMG]

7. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Feeling bad for the saviors? Yeah no.

8. Leenie

Leenie Registered

I think this episode proved that Carol isn't some cold-blooded killer, nor has she ever been. She does what needs to be done to protect her family. She clearly doesn't like that she has to do it, but her conscience is what separates her from someone like the Termites, The Wolves, The Saviors, etc. As the apparent new love interest said, "She's a mom." More like a "Momma Bear," but yeah ... I get it. She's the one that has been willing to dirty her hands to help her new family, and she's had to carry her actions on her shoulders since season 3-4.

And I agree with Carol about Maggie. It's really reckless of her to be out there while pregnant; I don't care if it was Maggie's choice or not. Her being out there not only puts herself and the baby at risk, but it puts the entire group and the mission at risk (which it DID, as it turns out). Pregnancies can be unpredictable. What if something had happened health-wise to Maggie if she were by herself?

I also respect that she didn't "call out" Morgan in front of the group at the church. It is fair that he's able to say his peace about the mission (as annoying and selfish as his opinions are). Plus, what good would it have done for the group to call out Morgan at that moment? Would have caused some tension, I'd imagine.

We don't need someone to tell Rick it's another "Ricktatorship." The Alexandrians have finally come together. Calling out Morgan, in my opinion, would have shaken that up in a bad way.

9. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

I’ve really been digging 6b so far. This half is shaping up to be the stronger half of season 6. I’m still trying to process this episode.

It was intense seeing the group slaughtering Negan’s group as they were sleeping. I think we saw a different (darker) side of the group we’ve haven’t seen before. And there isn’t any going back for anyone. It explored how far and desperate the group is willing to go to survive. There will definitely be consequences for their actions.

Seeing Glenn kill a living person who was defenseless and asleep was a very gripping moment. Probably the most shocking moment of the episode for me. I always thought the show intentionally withheld Glenn from having to kill a living person whether a threat or not. He finally broke his “no killing the living” code and it was heartbreaking to watch. This moment will haunt him for the rest of his life. You can tell he regrets it but had his reasons why just as Aaron did. I think a part of Glenn died with those men he killed. He’ll probably suffer the consequences for breaking his rule. [BLACKOUT]Him staring at the shrine of grotesque images of various victims with their brains and head bashed in might be foreshadowing his fate. [/BLACKOUT]

I also liked that moment when he and Heath opened up about never having to kill a human being prior to the raid on the compound. As well as Glenn sparing Heath from having to kill the other victim in his sleep. Oh and it was great seeing Heath again. He‘s really been underused.

Denise is going to regret withholding telling Tara that she loved her too. I don’t think this two week supply run trip between Heath and Tara is going to end well. They could run into Negan or more Saviors. This could be a red herring but I have a feeling Tara’s day’s might be number.

I’m curious how Maggie and Carol will get out of that one. Carol’s a mastermind I’m sure she’ll figure a way out if Rick doesn’t.

Great intense episode overall. Hopefully the next four eps can keep it up.

10. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Another incredible episode. The shoot out scene was the best one they've done.

11. Brother Jack

Brother Jack The Penitent Man

This season has wavered a bit but this latest run of episodes has been pretty consistently good.

12. Lantern Venom

Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

While the preemptive strike was hard to watch (especially Glenn's moral suffering), but none of the Saviors have presented themselves as anything but the worst of the worst.

13. Teelie

Teelie Jokerface

I'm thinking it might end up being Carol now. Really hope she isn't it.

14. righthooksrus86

righthooksrus86 Registered

My favorite moments of this episode were definitely Ninja Daryl, Ninja Jesus, and Glenn's first human kill. That scene was so emotional. But I also really loved Gabriel's kill too, him saying that prayer before killing that dude was surprisingly badass.

15. Leenie

Leenie Registered

If it is her, then an epic character is getting an epic death. I would like to see her stick around for longer though, because I'm biased. :)

Do you do the story sync? Tonight, there was a question about Carol and Tobin's kiss: "Good for her?" or "What about Daryl?"

Weird that the story sync would ask that question. Makes me think that they're planning something with both characters, maybe not. I don't know. I'm kind of doubting that Carol will be getting the bat.

Also, Robert Kirkman has enthusiastically expressed his love for Carol because of her "victim turned badass survivor" story. I doubt Kirkman would allow Carol's demise to be at the hands of a man with a barbed wire-covered baseball bat (considering her past as an abused spouse). Who knows? Maybe that will happen. I'm leaning more towards no, though.

16. PopeAdrian37th

PopeAdrian37th BucketBot

Now that the Saviors got Maggie, and having had Glenn see the pictures, I'm even more confident if my opinion that Maggie is going to meet Lucille.

Also that voice shouting out as they pulled up to the Saviors compound sounded a lot like Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Makes me wonder if it wasn't the guards that shouted out but actually Negan.

17. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Agreed :up:

18. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Registered

Yeah, but are the people who abducted Carol and Maggie apart of the Saviors? Are just a different group entirely?

19. Kane52630

Kane52630 TURBO MAN USER

Solid episode...

20. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

My burning question.

21. Drizzle

Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

They're definitely Saviors. Otherwise why would they care if Daryl and Rick killed that guy?

22. BestGirl

BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

Ugh, Abraham is so crude. "Why are dingleberries brown?" :barf: What does Rosita see in him? Girl, you can do better.

Anyway, great episode. I could feel the agony of Glenn's decision to kill the sleeping Savior and was wondering what I would do in a similar situation. I'm not sure I could go through with it. It was so touching how he killed the other savior so Heath wouldn't have to.

My stomach dropped when I learned that the Savior had Carol and Maggie. I felt even sicker when I saw how unsettling the preview for the next episode was.

23. Kane52630

Kane52630 TURBO MAN USER

24. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Loved this haha

25. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Yeah a other great episode, so tense and even heartbreaking at times. I lol'd when Rck was punching the severed head, great stuff.

But yeah after this the group are going to get some retribution, blood is certainly on its way. This is going to be an intense end to the season that's for sure.