The Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 14 "Twice as Far" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead' started by Kane52630, Mar 20, 2016.

1. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj IT'S RAW!

It absolutely disturbed me, it was so gruesome to me. Seeing a sweet person die like that, just can't take it sometimes.

Meh, what can I say. It bothered me.

#76 BrollySupersj, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  2. bullets

bullets bang bang

You mean .... Twice as far!

3. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Rachel's death in TDK was great :funny:

4. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Um, people have died in all kinds of gruesome ways over the course of the show, how is Denise getting shot in the head "going too far" when Noah got pinned against a fence and eaten alive and Hershel got his head chopped off with a sword, to name just two of many, many examples?

Denise probably didn't even really know what happened.

5. terry78

terry78 We'll be right back

Some online are saying it's the "bury your gays" trope at play, lol.

6. Schlosser85

Oh, please.

Tara and Aaron are still alive.

7. Double B

Double B Registered

I'd have preferred to lose Tara over Denise. In fact I was certain that's the way this season was going (in regards to one of those two dying) so I'm quite disappointed. I feel it's about time we start weeding out some of the cast to allow some Alexandrians to begin to feel like part of the core group.

8. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Exactly, it wasn't too far at all. Like I said that was such a dramatic overreaction.

9. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

And Eric.

Denise's death totally threw me, because I was expecting Abraham to get the arrow through the eye like he did in the comics. It was far from the most gruesome death on the show, just a particularly cruel one. The show's pretty good for those...

10. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

Considering they also found what was left of a toddler that had been drowned in a sink, Denise's death wasn't even the darkest moment of the episode.

11. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Registered

And one other character who I won't spoil.

12. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj IT'S RAW!

Hey it's what I felt in the moment. Saw it, it bothered me, I reacted. Can't really explain it.:huh:

13. Schlosser85

I'm pretty sure Eric hasn't had lines since his introduction. That actor must be kind of bored.

14. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Registered

Agreed. The only way it would have been better is if it happened in the previous movie so we could have moved on from her annoying ass and gotten to Selina faster.

15. BestGirl

BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

Poor Denise! :csad: It should've been Enid. Why in God's name did they allow their only doctor to leave the safe zone? :wall: They should've tied her down to force her to stay.

The way the good guys escaped Negan's crew was dumb. They were outnumbered so badly, how did none of them get killed? Eugene in particular should've been offed when he bit Dwight's crotch.

I did appreciate how they set it up so that you couldn't be sure if one of Abraham/Eugene or Rosita/Denise/Darryl were going to bite it tonight. I kept going back and forth.

16. 4thWallBreaker

4thWallBreaker Registered

^ I considered that. I was like, "Where's Dwight's gun?" It was missing from his hand when Eugene bit his crotch.

Having the doctor go out and play survivor was pretty dumb. I mean, they knew it wasn't just zombies they'd have to worry about.

I worried for Denise as soon as she left. She was so soft.

17. terry78

That was what TVTropes refers to as the Idiot Ball, letting her go with them.

18. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Daryl and Rosita should of told Denise to shut it. Loud speeches out in the open like that are dangerous.

On the plus side Daryl got his bike and crossbow back.

I think Carol is going to either die or become the new Morgan.

19. Monsieur Xavier

Monsieur Xavier Recycled

Using a gaming lingo ...two noobs on a raid, one had to die.
    I think Morgan will get after Carol.

20. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Registered

I'd rather Carol die than turn into another Morgan. One moralistic prick whose actions are constantly putting people in danger is enough.

21. Leenie

Leenie Registered

This is why I don't feel sorry for Denise at all. She selfishly went out to prove some kind of stupid point. Yada yada yada hope and stuff. Just because she couldn't fight doesn't mean she wasn't a huge asset to the Alexandrians. Because of her stubbornness, they don't have a doctor now. Sound like less of a HOPEFUL situation, Denise. Well-done, you idiot.

I really do wish Daryl and Rosita had cuffed her to a fence or something. Haha.

22. Teelie

Teelie Jokerface

And one I saw coming. I wasn't sure how they were going to do it but it felt like the kind of thing they would do on TWD. Sure enough, they did. With Daryl's crossbow no less. That I totally did not expect.

This was filmed months ago but it still brings up problems recently mentioned in The 100. Denise is the second high profile lesbian death this month. And it was originally meant to be Abraham who got it.

Her death was stupid for many reasons. The writers forced it for shock value and to make an impact that was completely unnecessary. She was their only doctor, she is one of four gays on the (two lesbians, two gay men, most of whom are off... somewhere) and one who was getting developed which is of course a sure sign she was going to die soon. Just like Carol.

Also they pretty much cemented Carol's death.

Besides all that, Denise is one of the few Alexandrites I liked. Now she's gone and we're stuck with Abraham and his moody attitude. Unless they decide to pull a fast one and kill him with Lucille, which I think is unlikely.

23. terry78

Female deaths have more impact on people than dudes, unless it's like some fangirl fave like Dixon.

24. Teelie

Teelie Jokerface

Yeah but they could easily have chosen someone else. Like Rosita who was there.

25. Rain in Gotham

Rain in Gotham "Im a baaaaaaaaaad man"

I reckon they will kill Abraham next